Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I'm not making my Valentine's Day goal either. I set it in August, and was really aggressive in coming to that figure, then plateaued for a while before my fill. And I'm losing really slowly this month too. And even with that, I'll be within 5 lbs., so I'm very happy.

I'm not making my Valentine's Day goal either. I'd like to be 179 by Easter, but I'd settle for any new lower number at this point!

Ever have a day where you feel like you're forgetting something? At least it hasn't driven me to the sugar bowl.

I bought Valentine's Day candy for a group we have over on Wednesday night. I'm vowing today to have 100 calories of whatever when the party is over.

Well --although many of us didn't exactly make our Valentine's goal we all came pretty darn close. I think that's good. If we set our minds to something, strive for something, we can acheive it! I don't think I would have done as well if I didn't set my goal and strive for it and have all of you looking out for my best interests.

Enjoy the party tomorrow Pinky. You will do just fine.

I will be out of town the next few days as my dad is having some outpatient surgery. I'll catch up with you all next week.

Melissa Lea

Hi all! Well my husband had the Cat scan of the cornary today. His cardiologist called us with the results tonight.

EVERYTHING IS OKAY!!

I swear I gave him the biggest hug and we cried and hugged for what seemed like a really long time! What a relief!

Now he it seems that his breathing problems and shortness of breath are related to his Asthma and his pulmonary doctor will have to run some tests or change medications.

It was a rough day for me since I could not be there with my husband when he had the test done. I had to be home for my four year old who goes to pre-k from 9am to noon. I have to admit I turned to Sugar as comfort and I ate three Valentine Cupcakes from a package I bought my son.

I know this was a terrible choice and there are no excuses for this, but Im not going to beat myself up for it.

Tomorrow I will start over and remember that eating Sugar is only going to get me futher away from my goal. I have to get back on the right path and put one foot in front of the other, one step and one day at a time.

Lisa

Lisa - So happy to hear your good news!

After being stuck for over a month between 188.5 and 193 I SAW A NEW NUMBER!!!. Ok, so it's only down .5 to 188, but it is a new number and I'm relieved. My analog scale had a much better showing (182), so maybe I've finally made it off this plateau. I've been stuck since the first week of January. If I really did get unstuck, I'm going to have to give a lot of credit to drinking more Water.< /p>

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone.

Glad to hear your DH is OK Lisa. Under the circumstances the cupcakes can be forgiven.

PinkyLee so good to see the scale move in a positive direction. Hang in there I think things will start moving once again.

Melissa let us know how your Dad is doing. He is in our thoughts and we're glad you are with him. We'll miss you at lunch, but your Dad his definitely more important.

I'm just coasting this week. I'm not being really good or really bad. The scale is not moving so I still have the 4 lb weight gain from the unfill. Since I lost 8 lbs in just a few days I guess it was to be expected. I'm still 10 lbs down from the 1st of the year, so that's not bad.

Have a great day and stay warm for all of those in north and east. Several of our offices are closed and by Go Live for a new application is put off until tomorrow. It's like throwing a party and no one comes!

I did NOT make valentine goal, I haven't quit smoking (still at only 4 per day though) and I have actually gained. I am back at 170lbs, I am so disgusted. I am going for another fill today, Happy liquid valentine to me!

And to everyone else Have a Happy Valentines day!!!

Regina you are still doing great. Down to 4 cigs a day is moumental. Have you heard about the new pill that is now on the market OTC? I saw a news story on it and it holds promise for those that couldn't do it with the patch and other aids. Just a thought, but only 4 a day I think is great.

I think we're all going through the winter blahs as PinkyLee pointed out to me. I also think it is normal that we've all been hitting it hard, seen the results, and now are trying to deal with all of the changes.

I've decided to schedule a fill for March 12 or 13th. This will give me time to refocus, go on our trips we have planned, and settle back in. I don't want to give feeding this fill/unfill/fill cycle I've been on. This gives me a full month since the unfill and hopefully my innards have settled back down. I just have to make sure I don't gain any more weight in the process. :)

Thanks Barb, I am on that new pill, but still have not quit. I just got back from my fill, hopefully this one will give me restriction. I am sooo depressed!!!!

Hi all! Those dam cupcakes I ate out of stress when my husband was having his Coronary Stress Test are not my friend! My son and I finished the box off since he had off from school today (We have terrible weather here in NY today!)

I weighted myself morning before joining him in the "Valentine food fest" and I gained back 3 pounds and Iam back up to 259 from the 262.:mad:

I hope I can get back on track now that things are okay with Bill! At least those dam cupcake are now gone :omg:!

I hope that all have a great Valentines Day --

Here in New York we are digging out from a snow/ice storm that started at 8pm last night and has not stopped! Its a nightmare outside and to shovel it is a huge pain in the a:mad::) :mad:!

Take care all,

Lisa

Well, I didn't make Valentine's Day goal,but I did finally FINALLY see the 50's! YAY. I didn't think I'd ever see anything lower than 260, it seems like I've been stuck on that number for ever. This morning it was 259.2! Whoo hoo! So I'm "claiming" it (not sure who started that phrase, but I like it)

I have an idea....let's think positive, and let's post our total weight loss on the next few posts and see what we've all done WELL :mad:

I've lost 45.8!

Aimee, Way to go! It always feels so good to hit another "decade".

Regina, I think cutting back on smoking is a great accomplishment. Here's to the perfect sweet spot from that fill.

Lisa, As a former Michigander I can totally relate to cold weather increasing your sweet tooth. fruit cups and roll ups are a good substitute for both you and your son. My personal favorite was sugar free hot chocolate by swiss miss. They have some with extra Calcium added. Hey, I think I may go get some! We are freezing here in South Texas which is way off our norm of the mid 60s for February.

I was happy to see 188.0 again this a.m., but a teeny disappointed I didn't see something better. I usually lose in "clumps". I guess I'll know by the weekend if I'm still on this plateau.

Several have mentioned extra baggy skin that makes us feel "fatter" even though we haven't gained. This morning I swear I saw cellulite on my upper abs. (Barbara4 and 12 it's gotten worse!) Are all the fat cells in my bottom moving to my abs? I'm doing lots of ab work during physical therapy. My fat cells must like all the action because it would appear they came to watch. WAAAAH!

I've lost 56.5

Yesterday I was able to eat: 1/2 c Special K, skim milk, 2 cups of coffee for Breakfast spread out over several hours; 1 Activia; 1 cup chilli and baked lays for Lunch; 2 cosmopolitans, 2 stuffed mushrooms with crab meat, 3 bites of salad, 3 hushpuppies, 4 grilled shrimp, and 1/2 c of mashed potatoes for dinner; 4 strawberry licorce.

I shouldn't be able to eat that much! Today is a different story. I drank my cup of coffee before leaving for work. I got to work and fixed my Cereal. Took one bite and Bam! I'm gurling, but it is passing quickly so I should be OK. Maybe this band is trying to tell me its still here. I swear some days, like last night, you wouldn't know I have one!

This morning PinkyLee I just couldn't look in the mirror. I feel fatter than ever and I think all the fat cells have joined hands above my waist. I look like I'm pregnant from the waist up. :D

Aimee, I like your idea. Instead of focusing on this temporary setback I am going to stop and reflect on how far I have come. Since my surgery, just seven short months ago, I have lost 63 pounds. That is an average six year old kid. (I'm guessing there!) 63 pounds! That is so amazing. And even more amazing is that I'm not done. I know I will continue to lose more and I am excited about that.

I talked with some friends yesterday about swimsuit season. I have decided that this is the year that I get back out there in the Water. I have always loved beaches, etc. I have avoided them way too many times because of my appearance. Why are we so vain? Why do we care what others think of us based on our appearance? It's time we remember to love ourselves first and others will follow.

I too like Pinkylee's "claiming it" phrase. I haven't claimed a new lower number on the scale lately but today I am "re-claiming" my 63 pound loss.

Thanks Aimee! I needed that.