Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Well I got your pound PinkyLee! I am now up 5 lbs from the unfill. THis upward trend has got to stop. I can eat anything. This tells me without a doubt that we, I, cannot succeed without the band. More than ever I want to make sure I don't do anything to make it come out. I would gain all my weight within a month without it.

I can't go for a fill untill March 12th. We will be out of town and I can't take a chance with a fill. I'm making an appointment and I'm going to do things differently this time. I am going on liquids as always, but I'm going to stay on them for 2 weeks. I tend to swell 6 days after a fill so I'm going to try and prevent that. I don't know if it will work, but its worth a try.

I'm going to Dr. Spiegel's support meeting tomorrow night. Hopefully I can ask some questions about fills and find out what things I can do to prevent such a reaction.

I still haven't had ice cream at home. I think I did better when I had ice cream. Now I'm finding Cookies, candy, anything to snack on at night. Oh heck this weekend it wasn't even just at night. I haven't had this craving and eating out of control since banding. I wonder why now?

Barbara465

For me it's the colder weather. If a small amount of ice cream is what keeps your snacking at less than a roar, go for it. I'm a cookie monster. One today, two tomorrow and so forth. Substituting a bottle of Water isn't so fun when it's cold out.

Watching that day 6 on your fills is probably a good idea.

Anyone else out there looking like biscuit dough. My abs look fatter than they did in November. My naval is the frown of a downturned smiley face.

Hang in there Barbara 465, since my unfill I have been eating alot also, so Iam finally back on track starting today with A Designer whey Protein Shake for Breakfast and a McDonald's grilled chicken salad(my hubby brought it home for us !)

I should get my Bariatric One Week Starter Kit tomorrow and I will be doing the 5+1+1 plan for the rest of the week(5 Protein Shakes + 1 portein bar and then one lean Protein meal with a starch and 2 vegetables for dinner.< /span>

I wish everyone luck as we all try to get through our different challenges and get back on track!

Love and Hugs,:)

Lisa

I am struggling big time. I started at 282 and was happy getting down to 236. I am now back up to 242 recommitted. Anyone else out there struggling?

Is anyone out there NOT struggling? It seems to me that everyone has hit some kinda wall. If you're out there and things are going good please let us know. Please!

Honestly, I wanna slap you all. Really... complaining about a 50 lb loss. I should be so lucky. Be happy with what you have accomplished, there are people out there/here not doing as well as you... so be happy. :love:

I'm doing okay; I think the biggest thing that has worked for me with this band is not being hard on myself when I screw up (see: ice cream, Cookies, m&m's, etc.) and looking at this as a long term journey. So: I've lost 46lbs. Never before would I have been able to do that. And do it without giving up EVERYTHING in the world. So yes, I've only lost 46 where others may have lost 106. But I've had m&m's in small doses when I like. To me, it's been kind of a nice trade off.

And poodles...don't slap 'em, love 'em :mad: We'll be there soon too :)

One other thing that I 'feel' or think when it comes to the band: when we're unfilled, it's highly likely we'll gain some weight because we've been eating so much less until that point. So those who are unfilled: take heart: you're not gaining because you're horrible, a cheater, a failure, etc. You're gaining because your body is adjusting to a higher caloric intake. You are not a failure! Your body is adjusting, and it will adjust again. Think LOOOOOONG Term :mad:

Ah, I'm just a big mouth tonight....

let's do one thing before we all go to sleep tonight: look at the first number you started at. and look at where you are now. We're going to do this guys, we really will.

Honestly, I wanna slap you all. Really... complaining about a 50 lb loss. I should be so lucky. Be happy with what you have accomplished, there are people out there/here not doing as well as you... so be happy. :love:

Poodles: Please do not hate those who have lost more than you, maybe they started out at a lower number of weight thanyou did. I started at 290 others in the group in the 260's,240's and so on. I could really be mad at them but Iam not .

If you have read my most recent posts in January and then from last week I have cheated when under extreme stress and I gained weight. Not everyone loses weight the same way, and everyone's bodies are different. Then you add in age and in those that are older in here menopause and those are all factors!

Please do not be so hard on yourself and hang in there.:)

Love and losts and lots hugs,:kiss2: :mad:

Lisa

I am not really mad. It is just kinda funny when I read something that sounds to me like: "I have lost 9000 pounds in the past 2 weeks and now I have hit a plateau. What am I doing wrong? Woe is me, my clothes are falling off and my man won't stay off of me. What a pain in the backside." Makes me want to slap you all. :mad:

I think you are all doing great. I am jealous as hell... but proud for you all. You should be proud of yourself too.

I am not really mad. It is just kinda funny when I read something that sounds to me like: "I have lost 9000 pounds in the past 2 weeks and now I have hit a plateau. What am I doing wrong? Woe is me, my clothes are falling off and my man won't stay off of me. What a pain in the backside." Makes me want to slap you all. :mad:

I think you are all doing great. I am jealous as hell... but proud for you all. You should be proud of yourself too.

Your funny.. The only things falling off of me are my bras that no longer fit right , the girls are shrinking so much! -lol

My hubby actually bought me a red teddy from Lane Bryant for Valentines Day! ( So yes he likes the new body!--lol)

As for me I am hating the sagging and the flab even though I do exercise everyday.

When I cheat believe me afterwards I know what I did and boy do I regret it big time!!!

Thanks for the fun filled post and the nice comments.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>Preview </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>AAAMEN Aimee. I'm with you. I'd rather indulge once in a while and lose slower or (dare I say it) accept wherever my current diet will take me. I know if I diet too hard I'll gain it back.

Poodles, I sympathize. Losing 50 pounds is a real privilege. Speaking for myself I am grateful, but risking going backwards after experiencing life 50 or more pounds lighter is a frightening prospect. When I say I'm struggling, I really mean it.

I guess it's time to admit that I had to join Weight Watcher's. WW had always been in my long range plan as a way to stay at maintenance. I never thought I'd find myself out of control with a sugar bowl. I felt almost like a heroin addict. I am a card carrying member as of February 13. Why I couldn't do the program on my own I'll never know, but I knew I had to find more accountability. It's been interesting to combine the lapband lifestyle with WW. Thankfully my lecturer puts on a show worth way more than the weekly fee. He had his thermos in one hand and his coffee mug in the other the entire presentation. This move was more defensive than offensive in the game of losing. I almost gag at the thought of tedious weigh-ins, endless recipe discussions week after week. I had hoped this rabbit would come out of the hat a whole lot closer to goal. Right now I'm looking for reasonable answers (besides another fill that never has netted anything but weight loss through pb's) I have to say it is really easy to stay under the point allotment with the help of my band. I can accept slow or no weight loss, but I can't go back to where I've been.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pinky:

Thanks for the admisson, to be honest I was thinking of rejoining myself, since my mom has has found great success on the New WW program.

After my husband's health scare last week he actually has been asking me about us joining together.

Just like you mentioned I was thinking of using WW as a way to maintain the weigth once I was at goal.

I should be getting my One week Bariatric kit in the mail tomorrow so after that one week is over, I will see how I do.

I just might be joining you in the WW card holders club. Lord only knows I have been on WW so much over the years I should have been a Lifetime member by now!-lol

Good Luck on WW and on your weight loss.

We are a team here gang! A LOSING team and PROUD of it! Try not to be too discouraged by setbacks. We are all in a better place than we were 7-8 months ago. My confession-I wasn't supposed to eat solid food til tomorrow, but I was SO hungry! I had a string cheese wrapped in a slice of ham for breakfast, meatloaf and mock mashed potatoes(made from cauliflower) for lunch and some chili for dinner. I got all my fluids in, plus liquid vitamins and I did 45 minutes on my stationery bike.

Pinky-WW is a great plan for maintenance. Don't feel guilty about making a great choice for your health. Best of luck to you.

Poodles-Everyone has different loss due to different starting weights, body type and chemistry, age, etc. Don't despair-YOU CAN DO IT!!

Barb465- Have fun on your trip. Remember they say lapbanders have weight loss up to 3 years out. We are all anxious to lose, but you have done awesome thus far and will continue in the months/years to come!

Leece- Keep us posted on that bariatric program. I'd like to hear how it goes for you!

Julie- I am still recovering from a MAJOR struggle- a slipped band and another surgery. Hang in there and count your blessings. We are all on this rollercoaster ride together.