Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Socalgal - Whew! You Made It!

Poodles - Life isn't fair and that goes in weight loss too. I appreciate your honesty. It's contageous and vital to the life of this forum and we are proud to have you as a friend. Your loss has been slower than some, but definitely not the slowest on this forum. Keep working it and your turn will come.

I just love this group. I come here for support, to put things in the right perspective, and to get a quick kick if I stray. I think I'm starting to turn a corner. I asked DH to rid the house of the Cookies and candy. He could hide them, heave them, or eat them I didn't care as long as I didn't see them. I also went straight home and put a new hormone patch on. I read that lack of estrogen could cause carb and candy cravings. Not taking any chances.

Last night I did something I haven't done in 8 months. I had a 100 calorie bag of popcorn. WOW, it went down easy, and satisfied my snacking urge. I felt better eating that then all of the crap of late. I don't want to eat a bag everyday, but feel now that once in a while in might be alright.

I really want to get a fill, but I will wait a few more weeks. I hope the Doctor is at the support meeting tonight so I can ask about fills and my problems with them. I might just have to make an appointment with him and see if he can help me get the proper restriction.

I weighed this morning and had dropped the 1 lb I picked up from PinkyLee's loss. :mad: I have 4 more to get back even from where I was a couple of weeks ago. I changed my ticker to reflect the weight gain so I could keep myself honest.

And above all else, I am grateful for what I've lost so far. For me it has come slow, but it has come. As others have said, we are in this together.

Hi Everyone,

I have been out of town on a business trip and just got caught up with all the goings on this morning. I agree with those of you who say - let's focus on the positive I know I had hit a plateau just before Christmas and my scales did not move hardly at all until two weeks ago. I am now losing again but slowly. I have read a lot of profiles and it seems like the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is to lose. And I think it is natural to crave heavier/sweeter foods when the weather is cold. Our bodies think they need those calories to stay warm! When the weather turns balmy I am certain we will all have an easier time of it. So take heart! Be of good cheer! Congratulations to all of us on the progress we have made.

I have always said that having the band is not a diet - it is a lifetime commitment to eating and staying healthy. We need all the support we can get - each other, Weight Watchers, support groups etc. Be glad - be very glad that help is out there and we have the courage to know we need it and will reach for it!

Off my soapbox - have a great day everyone!

Hello everyone! I'm back. My dad's surgery went well. It was scheduled out patient but he was admitted because the surgery was more extensive than origionally thought. He will be in the hospital for 2 or 3 more weeks for wound care (they left the wound open to clean/heal the infection). Needless to say, I am back at work for my last 4 days here and completely exhausted! I have so much to do and so little time.

It sounds like many of us have hit a small plateau. I'm still sitting at 201 but I lost I think 1.5 pounds last week. Onderland is still just one really poop away!! LOL

Glad to read that everyone is staying healthy and continues to be moving forward with our weight loss.

Let me catch up on reading the board.

Melissa Lea

Well.. I went to my PCP today. I am having pain on my right side and back..looks like my gallbladder. They scheduled me for an ultrasound and bloodwork in the morning at 10:00 a.m. We shall see!!!

Well.. I went to my PCP today. I am having pain on my right side and back..looks like my gallbladder. They scheduled me for an ultrasound and bloodwork in the morning at 10:00 a.m. We shall see!!!

Dancing Queen:

Please keep us posted! I hope everything works out for you :omg:!

I just want to give an update. I was banded in June 19, I think?? Anyway. I am down to 203. I get plenty of compliments on the loss thus far but I know I could do so much better if I actually use the gym membership, numerous workout tapes, and elliptical that I have. I have no real excuse, I do go to school fulltime and work fulltime, but I know that if I really wanted to make time, I could. Anyway just stopping in to say hello!!

Hey good to hear from some of you we haven't heard from in a while. Don't be strangers! Gall Bladder is one of the side effects that my Doctor warns about with lapband. I figure it will hit quite a few of us before the journey is over. Let us know Dancing Queen what the results are.

PinkyLee and I went to our Doctor's support meeting last night. It was an experience and one not to be repeated anytime soon. :) It was very disorganized and we just asked questions for an hour. There was lots of bad information given. I'm glad we have each other on this forum. Most of us are really informed about the band. I am shocked at how many get this done and don't know what they are doing.

Our doctor has decided to do the fills himself after having the PA do them for about a year. Not sure what the problems were, but we shall see how this works. I tried to share my stories of fills to ask if anyone else has these issues. They all looked at me strangely, so I guess they haven't. :D

I'm making an appointment to discuss with the doctor. I am wide open now, but I know if I have a fill I will have issues. I'm thinking an anti-inflamatory pill for 2 weeks after a fill or something. We'll see.

The scale showed a loss of 2 lbs this morning so maybe I'm losing the 5 lbs gained. I'm waiting a few days before claiming as I've been so up and down lately.

I received good news when I got home last night. I had a letter from a company that had bought part of my former company. Confusing, but anyway I had stock options I didn't know I had. Some of them were retiring in March so I needed to exercise them or lose them. Jumped right on that computer this morning and executed and sold them in same day trade. It was a nice bonus and will help eliminate some bills! I still have the same amount of options and I'm going to wait to exercise those. Believe me, this put a big smile on my face!!!!

DH is not getting better with his back so we might have to cancel our trip to Orlando. I was looking forward to it, but it will be no fun if he is in pain. I'll wait until Friday before taking action since we will lose most of the upfront money we paid. If we don't go I'll get a fill. :P

Hope everyone has a great day. The sun is shining in Houston and we are back to high 60's, low 70's.

hey ya'll!!!

i don't post that much anymore...i kinda just lurk in the background.:)

i think my last fill is my sweet-spot for awhile. i had it done in december, but with a noticeable change since last week. sometimes, i can even feel my spit go down:nervous. more PB episodes with this fill, but i recover fast.

this surgery has been the best thing i could have ever done for myself. i feel better, don't sweat anymore like i used to (thank god!), and i can fit into clothes that i haven't been able to in 3 yrs! it seems like everyone is doing great.

keep up the good work!!!

cutiern:D

Great to hear from you Cutiern! Looks like you are doing great. Be mindfull of those PBs!

I wonder how many lurkers we have on this thread? We haven't heard from quite a few of our early Junesters. How about it fellow Junebies, let us hear from you.

Yeah, yeah I'm here lurking too. I have been struggling with this fill. Its been 1 week now and definetly have restriction, but sometimes too much. I have to even drink real slow sometimes but other times I'm fine. I have had several PB episodes. I guess I just have to get used to what i can and can't have again after not having much restriction for such a long time. I have lost and gained the same 4lbs since before Christmas. So my hopes is this fill will knock me back down and get off of those same 4lbs. I did however start a turbo kickboxing class on Monday night, I am a little sore, but think I will go again tonight, it is definetly a workout. I'm thinking maybe I should drag Poodles with me and she can learn to kick butt and not just slap, LOL!!!!

It was gallstones!! Yikes! I went for the ultrasound this a.m. and the radiologist said it was gallstones. We are more prone to them after rapid weight loss. I am waiting for the doctors to call me back with a surgery. I hope it is soon b/c the radiologist said she was surprised that I wasn't vomiting. It has gotten a lot worse in the past 24 hours so I don't want it to get so bad that I have to deal with vomiting and risk slippage!!

Let us know how and when the gall bladder surgery goes. Yep it is a definite risk, but still we don't like to hear it. Keep in touch and good luck.

Dancing Queen: My mom's friend whois banded and refered me to my surgeon( she was banded August of 2002) had problems both before and after with gallstones. She has said that the problems got even worse after her LapBand surgery, and now that she is almost at maintenance.( She is 57 years old).

I really pray that all works out for you, please keep us posted!

Lisa