Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Lisa, with all due respect, I don't think Barbara asked you to leave the group. Please just take the words at face value - we're all here for support or to give support, and the ability to express ourselves in a nonjudgmental environment.

All Junebies should be included in the trip, and I believe all have been included or asked if they want to participate.

Barbara expressed herself as well. I dont think any apologies are needed at all on either part- you both talked about how you felt, and offered up opinions and facts. It's okay! Time to move on and get with the supporting and chatting :) The trip will come up here, invariably. I just skim by those posts as they don't currently apply to me (not able to go) and get to the ones that do.

Morning and to all: I know no one told me to leave the group but, I really got my feeling hurt and felt left out. I re-read my post from when I first joined and I felt so welcome like I belonged to something finally!

When I got my surgery I went to no outside support group since the hospital where I had the surgery is in Westercher County(I live in the NorthEast Bronx of New York where there are no hospitals that do Bariatric Surgery) and the support group is once a month.) I also do not drive and its held at a time that is not convient for me to go.

So I sort my support online. I first found support on Obesity Help but as most of you know they mostly cater to Gastric Bypass patients.

When I found this site in October I was so overjoyed that it was all about Lapband and then I found the June Crew and it was just what I needed.

You all were there for me through so much, such as My brother having sugery to remove what we thought was a cancerous tumor on his spine, finding out I am Bipolar, also finding out I can have no more children. The joy of losing the first 50, also getting into a new size of clothes.

You all have been there through the good and the bad and have let me vent and rave.

Yes, I was not there from the start but, when I did come in I was welcome with open arms.

People have voiced their opinions and I have not always agreed and I also pass on post that do not apply to me.

I passed for a long time on the Vegas post, until I started to feel left out because recent ones never mentioned that it was open to everyone and was planned out months ago.

Believe me I re-read all the old post after Barbara mentioned that it was her idea and how it was planned.

I just really wish I could go and had known about it back in October when I first joined the room, then I could have made plans to be able to go and meet those who are going.

Because of my depression issues I suffer from isolation alot and this would have been a great way to meet other people with the LapBand. Iam also a very sensitive person and my feelings get hurt very easy but thats something Iam working on with my therapist.

So, I would like to start over with the group especially with you Barbara since we share the same band anniversary date. What do you say? Can we start over?

Iam here for support, love and friendship,

Lisa

Lisa, support love and friendship is yours! No worries.

On another point, have you seen how much we've lost lately? I was reading past posts and looking at tickers and such...WE ROCK! Even with set backs, slow losses, depression, etc. we've all accomplished a lot in the last few months. And all took brave steps towards becoming healthier and happier. GO US! (or, congratuations junebies....my daughter would say "Go US" :)....)

Leecelove --Ditto to what Lisa says above. This forum moves so fast that if I go several days without reading it I get lost and can't keep up. But who am I kidding, that's me most of the time (the one in the corner lost and confused).

Don't fret --I wised each and everyone of you all could go to Vegas. But I realize that's not going to happen. But you also have to realize that our Bandivarsary comes every year. I'm sure for June 2008 something else will be planned. At least that's my hope. We all are a banded family and like all families have disagreements, mis-understandings, spats, etc. And like family we offer unconditional love and support.

Glad you decided to stay in the group!

Melissa Lea

Well, I have been drinking my Water and exercising, but since that weigh in and cake episode last weekend, I have not been following my portions. Still low carb, but not the way I need to be.

Do you think it is because I am sick?

Poodles

Yeah I do. When I low carbed it years ago I developed chronic URI. Up those vitamins! sublingual Vitamin B (Walmart $7 - pricey everywhere else) and Vitamin C (non chewables - locarb) are pretty tasteless so you can crush and drink. Get well and then worry about portions.

I think you and I are the only ones adding the avitars for our progress on the challenge. I'd like to change mine to just the blue smiley for Water and then if I earn it, a "no cheater" sign like you have for each week I stuck to my plan. No sign this week, but things are looking up.

New week starts tomorrow.

Anything goes when your sick. Your body is not burning calories at the same rate it was. Give it a few days and things should get back to normal.

I'm doing badly. Since the unfill I have been hungry. Not all the time, but some of the time. I am especially hungry at night. I've not had any ice cream, but have had a few butter Cookies. Got to stop this after dinner grazing. I don't think I'm even hungry, just think I should have something.

I'm doing great on the Water and Vitamins. I also am doing OK on my portion amounts. Not doing good on exercise. I just can't get myself motivated.

OK I went and bought 3 pair of shoes on Saturday. I can't keep my wide shoes on anymore. I still have a few that are comfortable, but now getting dangerous. I have on my black flats today and lost them 3 times while walking to work from the bus stop. Yes I guess it was funny, but also frustrating. I'll have to retire this pair of shoes too! Isn't it funny how are shoe size changes when we lose weight.

Also, what's up with all the compliments lately. It's like all of sudden people have noticed I lost weight. I think its that I'm wearing clothes that fit. :) Its' really nice to get noticed. I still have a long way to go, but I'm happy for the progress. I have this roll above my waist (yes my waist came back) that just won't go away. Long line bras and waist cingers aren't doing the trick. Those just roll up and make a bigger mess. I know, I know, exercise would do the trick. :)

Have a great day everyone.

For those wanting information on the reunion here it is:

Everyone that responded agreed that the later weekend would work better for them. So the weekend has been changed:

June 22-24 Las Vegas, Bally's Hotel (you can stay anywhere and just meet us there for activities)

I'll get a suite reserved that sleeps 6. I already reserved one for the 7-10, but will change it. Hopefully there won't be a problem. I've already made the deposit to hold it. Anyone wishing to stay in the 2 bedroom, 1 living room suite please PM me. The cost should still be $330/person for the stay.

Those wishing to reserve services for the spa for Friday June 22nd should let me know by April. I'll make the reservations then.

Those wanting to go hear Celine on Saturday June 23 let me know that as well. We will have to reserve those tickets soon. You should plan on spending $200 for those tickets, but it might be a little less. If we want to sit together we need to purchase them at the same time. Payment will have to be sent to me for the tickets as I can't front that much money. :)

It's not a big deal if you don't want to attend the Celine show. We can meet up later for a drink or you can go to another show of your choice. I've seen her show and its fantastic. I am planning on seeing it again.

Remember that this is your weekend. There will be some group activities planned, but you do not have to participate in them. We will have plenty of opportunities to socialize and be together. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

:)Hi all! I can relate to to the shoes not fitting right -

I had to buy myself new sneakers recently I was a 7 1/2 and they were so big on me but I never really noticed since I wear bulky socks with them.

I now wear a 7 regular so I guess we lose weight on our feet!

Also I found my waist back !

i have skin hanging from my arms, flab on the legs, hanging skin on the stomach. The boobs( the girls!-lol) have almost disapeared!-:cry ) I do exercise everyday and as I mentioned in a earlier post my hubby gave me a gym membership as an early Valentine gift.

Unfortunatly my son was sick with the Croup on and off last past week and I have a really bad cold right now so I have not been able to go.:sick

I have also noticed that we have the best weight lose in this group WAY TO GO !:clap2:

Well I gotta go my son went back to school this week since he is feel better. He gets off the school bus at 1145 so I wanna get some rest before I have to go get him off the bus.( Ge goes to preK ):notagree

Love ,Hugs and friendship to all<

Lisa:girl_hug: :)

Sorry ya'll. I haven't been keeping up with the signature thing. I have been doing great with my food choices. No changes in my weight though. Still stuck. But at least I'm not gaining. Excercise has been non-existant as I have been traveling much the past few days. Water --some days are better than others.

I PM'd Barb --I'm in for Celine as I adore her.

I too have noticed that my shoes are getting bigger. The actual size if fine..but I guess I've stretched them out to the max. I put on some pants I've been wearing and when I first started wearing them they felt a bit tight. Today, they fell baggier in the stomach area. So I guess I'm losing some inches. Yippee!!

To those that know --I have been interviewing for a new job in the pharmaceutical industry. I just accepted a formal offer yesterday for a new job in sales for a major pharmaceutical company. I'm very excited. But also a bit sad. I will be temporarily leaving my home state of Texas and relocating to Louisiana. It's a great stepping stone for me and the money is too good to pass up. So in advance --forgive me now if over the next couple of weeks I lag behind in my posting as I have way too much to do. I hope that they craziness of my life in the near future will help me to forget about food.

Sorry ya'll. I haven't been keeping up with the signature thing. I have been doing great with my food choices. No changes in my weight though. Still stuck. But at least I'm not gaining. Excercise has been non-existant as I have been traveling much the past few days. Water --some days are better than others.

I PM'd Barb --I'm in for Celine as I adore her.

I too have noticed that my shoes are getting bigger. The actual size if fine..but I guess I've stretched them out to the max. I put on some pants I've been wearing and when I first started wearing them they felt a bit tight. Today, they fell baggier in the stomach area. So I guess I'm losing some inches. Yippee!!

To those that know --I have been interviewing for a new job in the pharmaceutical industry. I just accepted a formal offer yesterday for a new job in sales for a major pharmaceutical company. I'm very excited. But also a bit sad. I will be temporarily leaving my home state of Texas and relocating to Louisiana. It's a great stepping stone for me and the money is too good to pass up. So in advance --forgive me now if over the next couple of weeks I lag behind in my posting as I have way too much to do. I hope that they craziness of my life in the near future will help me to forget about food.

:clap2: GOOD LUCK MELISSA!!!:clap2:

LOVE AND HUGS,

LISA

Hello everyone, its been a while since I posted. I am a lurker but not much of a talker. Which is strange because I am very outgoing in person. But anywhoo....

Just wanted to check in and tell everyone how WONDERFUL I think we are all doing. We have all had our ups and downs with the fickle band, but we are winning. :)

I have had people make some nice comments lately, which helps the old ego. I can also relate to the shoes falling off. I have a pair of shoes on today that I am basically swimming in. Its time to get a few new pairs. I guess I could take the old ones to Goodwill or something.

Hope everyone is having a good day with their fickle friend. Will promise to chat more and lurk less.

Barb-

Put me down for Celine, spa and the suite.

liquids question-

I know this has been discussed before, but when you were all on Soups, Protein Drinks, did you still limit yourself to 1/2 cup or 1 cup? I always hear that liquids go right through the band, but then some people say you still have to limit the amount. I know we need to be wary of liquid calories, but I'm not there yet. I need calories right now! So, if the cream Soup goes down, can I have more than 1 cup?

OK got you down.

I think you can have more liquids, you just might not want to have it all at one time. I would space it out a cup at a time. That way if there is some in your pouch you won't get too much bulk at one time. Hope that makes sense.

Try that bean and bacon Soup. It is very filling. I blend it with a little more Water to reduce its thickness. It is very satisfying. I can eat a whole can of Tomato Soup for instance at one meal. I just try to make sure that it is all going down and I'm not overfull or overfilling my stomach.

Hope this helps.

Socal, I agree w/barbara - take in what you can to get in more calories, just in spaced time periods. My MD told me back then to take in 1/2 cup every 2 hours. Hope that helps, so glad to hear that you are recovering well!