Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Oh when mother nature is near, I slam shut. Three days before I start, I can not eat a thing. But, the Witch is gone for now, so that can not be it...

Poodles maybe try relaxing first. Maybe some Yoga or good thoughts. You might just get yourself so wound that it happens easier.

I don't think I'm anywhere near any of the restriction you guys talk about. Except for the fill before the last unfill. That time I couldn't eat until 11:00 am and was only open until about 3:00. I was losing, but then the big PB episode and I couldn't recover. I just haven't had any of this so I don't think I've really experienced restriction.

I am really wondering if Dr. C was right about the hiatal hernia. Maybe it is not bad until I get some restriction. Once I have it then I close up. I forgot to ask him about muscle relaxers at my last fill. I'm going to ask this time to see if there is something I can do or take to recover.

Hey Everyone...

I'm a June 06 bandster,like all of you....just wondering if many of you have had much by way of complications....leak, erosion, slippage....I think I may have a leak..it's the first time i've had a problem...wondered how common it is w/ people who have had it relatively the same length of time. I could go back and sift through all the pages and pages, but it's just too time consuming...so sorry if this seems redundant to any of you!

I don't think anyone of our Junebies has had erosion, but I had a slip and Randi recently had to have her band removed. We have daily struggles of trying to figure out what foods we can eat, getting the proper fill amount, head hunger, etc. I think Barb was losing some of her fill so they used the thicker Omnipack solution. Maybe ask your doctor about that. Welcome to the June Crew and keep posting!

Thank you! I'm going in today to find out if there's any of the fill that he put in last week left. I'll ask him about the omni-stuff....I hope that this is some crazy fluke, and the fill is still in there...(crossing my fingers)...

Hi all,

Well, I just got back from my doc's office and I have a slipped band. All 6 ccs of my Fluid was taken out. I've cried my eyeballs out and am ready to get to business.

I have to be on pureed foods for three weeks which should be interesting as I have an out of town conference next week for three days. :) Then I go back for a swallow test and if it has not fixed itself, then I have to have surgery to reposition.

I am just sick about this. I have no idea when it occurred as I've been eating okay. Just had some really horrid reflux and heartburn.

What I'd love to know - what is your favorite pureed food item. I am going to need an arsenal to get through these next few weeks.

Please, please, please - if any of you have any questionable symptoms, get in to see your doctor. I keep thinking I might have avoided this had I been a little more on the ball. But again, I didn't have any terrible symptoms until just recently.

So sorry to hear that ellgee! I hope that the unfill works for you and you don't have to undergo another operation like I did! I don't have any recommendations of fave foods, as I was pretty miserable at that time. I did puree different Soups and they were good. I know some people do baby food, but I never did that. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Sorry to hear about that....it's just hard to hear that there's anything wrong, I know that...because in a way, you (or I should say I) get reliant on the band to do it's job...when it's not, it's just upsetting. The thought of going back on pureed foods really stinks..I don't envy you...but if you do it, like they say, maybe your band will go back...that would be good. Good luck to you...I don't know about what to puree, because I just mashed and crumbled and ate soup....I didn't really actually puree things...

ellgee-

You can also do a search here under food for liquid stage and mushy recipes. That might help. People get pretty creative!

Do you all have a pretty big burp shortly after eating? Is that the food moving from the pouch to lower stomach or what?

How long, for example, does it take you to eat a Protein Bar? I eat one in like 5 minutes, so I don't want to be eating too fast. That's what got me in trouble last time.

Does anyone have pain in their back on the left? I've read alot of people having pain on the right and I guess that's the gallbladder, but I have pain on the left. Not sure if it's my band or just my posture, stress, etc. It's bad when I PMS, so I was thinking maybe the swelling it tightening my band and making it hurt?

I'm trying to go in for a fill next week, so I'll ask the doctor then....if they ever call me back.

PS-Has anyone heard from Leila?

I have pain in my left back, and it's because of constipation....and I've been since put on miralax...although, I'm not sure if bubble guts or Constipation is worse....:P(....don't know if that's what it is for you...I'm way to fast of an eater anyway...I'm not good for speed advice....:o)

That is a good theory! I haven't had a BM and I do get constipated before my period for some weird reason. Sorry if that was TMI!!! Is Miralax prescription? Maybe I'll try something over the counter.

PS-I got Flonase today too due to my post-nasal drip which makes me tight too.

Sorry to hear about all the problems. During the conference maybe you can take some junior baby food with you. Not glamourus I know, but you can eat in the privacy of your hotel room. If you must eat out then have the best kind of Soup you can. Most always have a cream soup. I've noticed that if you talk and don't make a big deal about things no one really knows the difference. Moving food around the plate works real well. I've also been sick in a hotel before and have asked for Soups, etc. The chef fixed me up special. I didn't care if they heated me a can of campbells, but they were real nice. This is a few years back and I had stomach ulcers. Didn't know that was what it was, but I was a mess.

There seems to be a rash of slipped bands and extended pouches. I do worry that I have that as well as I can eat too much. If I have all of my fill on the 10th I might really believe that. I feel like most of it is gone, but it wasn't the last time so maybe just some more restriction.

Good luck and hopefully it will correct itself.

jlynn- I was looking at your signature. What was your weight on surgery day? Did you lose 100 pounds in 2 months??

I was wondering the same thing myself socogal. I think that may have been her weight when she started her journey,maybe ?

Ellgee,

I love a lo-cal Soup with

l can refried Beans

l can chicken broth

l can Rotel Tomatoes (or plain dice tomatoes if you aren't in to spicy)

Heat and eat. Not glamorous, but good and filling. A little velveeta cheese added until it's melted is also really good!

I love baked sweet potatoes. I also bought a small portable food grinder I bought online at Target in their baby section. There are lots of portable blenders as well.

I'm preaching to myself. Lots of Pb's this week, I know I need to do liquids for a few days. I just don't like them!

I love hot tea (and iced tea) and find that soothing and sometimes it gets me to the next meal. Another vice are my red wine cooler (wine and crystal lite lemonade mixed together) Both should help the tummy.

Take care all who are treading Water out there.