Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Congrats on your dates Amus and Sisi --

Keep us up to date. It does appear that the majority thus far will be having surgery on June 2, 2006.

I know there are many more Junebies lurking and wathching the board (I use to be one of you :girl_hug: ). Don't be shy, come on in and say hello :(

Melissa Lea :hippie:

Ok so I thought I would say hello.... lol ohh and I want to join the email thingy lol Jmohundro@Gmail.com

I was not even aware there was a june thred yet... but I'm glad I found ya... I don't have my date yet but was PROMISED it will be in june (as long as there are no suprises) I am still on a high as I just found out on friday that my ins approved the surgery. I have to go to the hospital on thursday of this week for test then they said it would be a week or so after that... I am so ready do be banded NOW I want to wait no longer..... But at least I know it wll be soon... I hope all of you that had the surgery on the 2nd are doing great and the one that are having it tomorrow, good luck you will be in my thoughts....

Hi JMo --

It's nice to meet you. I'm glad that you have joined us. Let us know when your date is as soon as you find out.

Welcome Back Zapota. It sounds like everything is going well for you thus far. I'm afraid of the gas, that's my biggest fear is the gas from the nitrous oxide they give :phanvan . I hope it will be more comfortable for you to eat soon.

I've been so excited to read the stories of those recently banded. Keep sharing your journey as the days go by.

Best wishes to all.

Melissa Lea :hippie:

well it sounds like all the recently banded are doing great. The gas in the stomach scares me too. I didn't know about that till i joined the forum. Its amazing how much we learn from each that we aren't told by the doctor.

So for the newly banded,

any thing go on that you didn't know about or were suprised it was happening?

Just wondering.

Congrats on the ins approval. It must be nice. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for my ins to say yes.

I can't wait for the new newly banded ones to post after their surgery tomorrow. Hope everything goes fine and please let us know everything. I'm so excited for all of you. It almost feels like i'm getting the surgery.

Hello Everyone --

I keep posting, you might be getting tired of me tonight, nah not you all :girl_hug: .

In earlier posts it was mentioned that some people wanted to be on an email buddy list. I just sent an email out to those address posted (titled LapBandTalk --June 2006 Band Crew). If you posted your email addy on the board and you did not get this email, please private message me so I can add you to the list. I may have missed a few addies --there are so many post now. If you want to be on the list but wish not to post your addy on the public forum, you can also private message me and I will add you.

Have a great night everyone. I'm off to dreamland :flypig:

Melissa Lea

Glad to hear all are doing fairly well despite post surgical gas pain. I'm not sleeping well as my mind is just racing about my surgery. I start my pre op diet tomorrow. It is only a week but I'm already doubting my ability to do even that. One day at a time I guess...

Oh my gosh. Reading this thread has given me butterflies in my stomach, and I'm three weeks out! I just found you guys. I'm scheduled to be banded on June 26 by Dr. Huacuz in TJ.

Lizzie

Update! Update!

Hi everyone, just wanted to let everyone know how I am and say hi. I am finding that my back muscles hurt like hell - I think that I have been trying to use my back instead of my stomach muscles and therin lies the problem.

I had 2 demerol yesterday - one it the am and one at bedtime to sleep more comfortably. I had some Tomato Soup yesteray - two servings total of 1/2 cup and 1/2 pkg Optifast. The optifast actually tasted good after Clear Liquids and just broth and Water.< /p>

I just could not get down more than half of the pkg - but it was mixed with double water - so it was lots of Fluid and I sipped over 30 - 40 minutes.

I am having a coffee this morning and going to try more optifast since I am quite weak with no nutrition. I tried some Jello yesterday - and had some problems with it - it didn't seem to want to liquify too well - it was ready made not home made - that may have been the problem. The Gelatin was thick and rubbery.

Shoulder pain is still an issue although I am not passing much gas at either end.

Got on the scales today which I probably shouldn't have done - down a pound. Yesterday - was like 250 cals - day before even less. Am trying to get some more cals in today - and more Protein. Have not had a BM yet either. Things feel like they are starting to back up there!!! lol!

All things considered - I think that I am in pretty good shape - but I do feel weak. I sure do not think I could get on a plane and fly anywhere right now.

Trying to sip sip sip but water is the thing that is going down most easliy. I will try more Soup today also.

Good Luck June Bandsters! I got my band on May 26th and am doing well! Hope you guys have a safe, successful surgery and journey to thin-ville! The surgery only lasts about an hour and ten minutes.. I did end up having to stay in the hospital because my surgeon had some emergencies that got put ahead of me and because I had an un-pleasant re-action to the anesthesia. Note: If you are easily nausiated ask the anesthesiologist about giving something to you before surgery to prevent nauseia after surgery! Still a little sore, but the whole process has been good so far! Good Luck again!

Melissa Lea,

Thanks for being so good about posting and encouraging. I would like to be added to your e-mail list also. I feel this Forum has been a great support system. It will also be fun to be able to share our journey with each other since we are all being banded so close to each other.

I to am not looking forward to the "gas" pains afterwards, so if anyone has any suggestions on things that worked for them please enlighten all of us who are waiting to be banded.

My thoughts and prayers are daily for all us Junebies!

chako_lady@hotmail.com is my e-mail address.

Hello Hello June Bandsters.....

I just got off the phone with my Dr's nurse and my date has been set for June 20th !!!

I'm so excited.......I have to start the pre-op slim fast diet now....phew that's going to be hard.

Eating as if I have a restriction and having none lol

I'm a JuneBee Band2Bee.......yayay!!!

Congrats to all the June Bandsters and those waiting for their June approval

You are very welcome Janelle. I don't mind at all posting the dates, etc. It is however getting more difficult to keep up as so many have recently joined us :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: . That's a good problem to have though.

I will get the dates and email buddy list updated ASAP!

Thanks for your responses.

Melissa Lea:hippie:

Spivak

self-pay

June 9, 2006

I will be banded on June 8th in just a couple of days. I am so excited!!!!!! I have lost 15 pounds on preop diet and thankfully i am not starving. Ready for a NEW Life!!!!!!

:clap2: Surgery Dates the week of June 5 to June 9, 2006 :clap2:

June 2, 2006

Jude (Jude 048)

Kim (Kimsretro)

Salemkitty

Sissi

Zipota13

June 5, 2006:clap2:

CutieRN (CutieRN)

CindyCam

Poodles

Reeneea

June 6, 2006:clap2:

Karen (Mrs Sabre)

Rebndave

Juliegeraci

June 7, 2006:clap2:

Maria (Maria 75)

Hedwig

Aimee (warmmorningsun)

AnneMarie

June 8, 2006:clap2:

Regina (rroswelltx)

June 9, 2006:clap2:

Melissa Lea (Melissa Lea)

Mary Ann

June 12, 2006

Hootiebelle

June 13, 2006

Barbara (Barbara465)

Amus71774

JulieLu

June 19, 2006

Lasonyadj

June 20, 2006

SunnyDee

June 22, 2006

ChakoLady

Janelle (Chako_lady)

June 26, 2006

BeacheeGirl

Lizzie (lizziegrace)

June 27, 2006

Dancing Queen

Please keep each of us in your thoughts and prayers as our surgery dates near.

Best wishes to all --

Melissa Lea

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Some of us are anxiously awaiting our turns. Still waiting for doctor's office to confirm my date of the 13th. Insurance has approved, but needed more info. I might get pushed to the 20th, but hopefully not. My doctor is not requiring a pre diet so I can go anytime. Enjoyed the cruise, but must say, I wasn't that interested in the food. I knew it was my last hooray, but mentally I was already banded.

Hope all that are scheduled this week do well and report in.