Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hello Everyone --

I've sent out an email for those of you that wanted to be on the June 2006 buddy list so you can save everyones addy (updated addy list). However, things have really picked up in the room:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: and I know that I have missed some email addies. Please, Please private message me with your email addy if you want to be added to the list.

Also, I will be updating our surgery date list. I have just made note of Violet, Terri, and Rvilleges. If you have put your date on the message board and it has not been posted, please private message me your date so I can post that with the next update.

Congrats to those recovering from their procedures. And best wishes to those having procedures tomorrow :P .

Melissa Lea

Hi everyone, going in tomorrow morning, 5am (surgery at 7a) and would like to ask you all for prayers please. I am a bit nervous about 'complications'. Thank you!

I just found out today and I'm very excited. My e-mail address is BarbLeach@sbcglobal.net. I'd love to be added to the June group.

I am a self-pay with Dr. Spivak in Houston. Since I am taking a cancellation spot I don't have much time for pre-op diet. Hopefully that won't cause complications afterward. The gal in his office said many people don't follow any pre-op diet and that I shouldn't be concerned. Does anyone have any insight?

I'm heading to Monterrey on the 7th, surgery on the 8th with Dr. Sanchez. http://www.ready4achange.com/ I decided to do the liquid diet for 2 weeks even thought the doc doesn't require it. I fell of the wagon 10 days into it with some natchos but got right back on again. I've got Dr. Kirshenbaum http://lapbandrockies.com/ all lined up for post op care including fills for when I get back to Denver.

hey barbara!

both reeneea and i had our surgeries on monday by dr spivak. melissa will have hers on june 9th by dr spivak. he wanted us to try to follow a low-carb diet before surgery, but if you don't stick to it that's ok. you will do fine. you are in good hands!!

I just found out today and I'm very excited. My e-mail address is BarbLeach@sbcglobal.net. I'd love to be added to the June group.

I am a self-pay with Dr. Spivak in Houston. Since I am taking a cancellation spot I don't have much time for pre-op diet. Hopefully that won't cause complications afterward. The gal in his office said many people don't follow any pre-op diet and that I shouldn't be concerned. Does anyone have any insight?

Hey Barb --

I'll be there on Friday. Have to be at the surgery center at 6:30 a.m. (yuck). I'm getting really excited and a little nervous. But I think I would be worried if I wasn't nervous. See ya there :clap2:

Melissa Lea

Hey guys/gals, just wanted to check in and let everyone know that it is day 3 for me and I feel great. Slept all night long, did not take pain meds at all. Still a little sore, but moving around quite easily.

Hope to all three days out!!! Oh, and I ate a 1/2 of a Jello pudding and am STUFFED! Guess this is restriction!! (yeah I know it is swelling at this point, but still can tell how it feels and it feels great!)

Barbara and Melissa Lea,

I had a 7am time to be at the surgery center for Dr. Spivak. I was the 4th case. The first 3 cases they have come at 6:30am. I know that is early, but while others were having their surgery done, I was just nervous. The earlier the better as far as I am concerned. The staff at the surgery center is wonderful, very nice. Once you arrive, before you go back you will meet these wonderful women (not sure of their titles) but they had lap band done less than a year ago and have lost alot of weight. They really made me feel better.

Everyday i am feeling better. I do have gas pains, but not to bad. They go away with movement and gas-x. It is uncomfortable when i sit/lie down and get up, but not bad. The incisions are not as bad as I was expecting. i read where one of the incisions was going to be about 2 1/2 to 3" and none of mine appear to be that big. I guess once the steri strips fall off I will be able to have a better look at the incisions.

Hopefully everyone that has had the surgery will keep posting updates. As I know I look for those that had their surgery on 6/2 to tell about what is to come.

It's great to hear from other Dr. Spivak patients. I was very impressed with him during my orientation visit.

I don't have a time yet (they are to call me tomorrow morning) so who knows, Melissa, we may be there together. Yes, I'm nervous too, but it's a good nervous...........not dreading anything....just wanting to get on with things.

Good luck to all!

I just got back from a visit with my family physician. Last night when I showered I noticed a red bump close to one of my incisions. It was redder and larger this morning. I already had the appt with my doc. When he saw it - he thought it looked like a "puncture" - whatever that means.

He prescribed an antibiotic ointment with hydrocortisone and told me to put it on "frequently". He said if it broke to bathe the area with a solution of Water and a little "javex". and I could cover it with a bandaid.

It broke on the way home so I bathed it, put on the cream and a bandaid. He said if it didn't clear up fairly quickly to call him for some oral anti-biotics. He also said to crush up some acidophillis and take for the next few days.

So here I am with an infected "puncture"!!

Did anyone esle have any infection in the tummy area??

3 days post-op and i am feeling hungry....like i could eat a regular meal....anyone else feel this way.......guess my swelling didnt last long

Jude, I have 5 incisions and then I have 3 spots were it looks like I was poked. No bandages in these poked areas but very odd. All of mine look ok so far.

cindy, I also could eat alot more. Everytime my family eats it smells so good. I did try mashed potatos (very watered down) about 4oz for lunch, for Breakfast I had 1/2 of a carnation instant breakfast drink, and just now a popcicle.

I have been much more sleepy today and took a 3 hour nap, so I need to work on my Water, as I am not were I should be with that.

O.K. it's official. I just got my surgery date for June 20th! :clap2: I've been reading this thread, but not posting. I was hoping for a June date, but didn't know for sure. Now it seems real. Please add me to the list, my e-mail is graytk9200@sbcglobal.net

I'm on my way!!