Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hi I'm a new one to the board. I love reading all of your comments. I was "banded" on June 2, 2006 in Mex w/ Dr. Ortiz. Awesome experience. I'm 6 days our and "starving". Is that normal? I'm also really puffy from the anesthesia????? Haven't lost a pound? That's ok. Any in-put?

Julia

I am not that puffy, but it could have alot to do with how much IV fluids you had. I only had 1L, so ....

I am also hungry, but get this full feeling in my chest when I eat, I am getting in about 4oz of "soft" food 3 x's a day. I think the fullness is coming from gas.

today has been a much better day. have been running errands. I did take an hour nap, but that is much better than yesterday. I do have a headache, everytime I start a new diet i have a headache, I think it is withdrawls.

Well hello eveyone... I'm in my liquid diet... tomorrow will 7 days since I had my surgery... I can't get enough calories in me but I'm trying. I'm down 10 pounds... by today more and by tomorrow for sure a lot more.

Thanks Cutiern, I like your diet alot better than mine...........and Barbara thanks for that reminder, I guess I forgot that one. now that I've started creamy Soups I finally feel full. I stayed so hungry during the liquid stage. I feel for those that have to stay on it longer. Oh, I've lost 3 lbs.:clap2: :clap2: LOL, Sissi

Hi Julia,

I also had surgery with Dr. Ortiz on June 2nd. I was the short fat one, pretty quiet and with my husband. He is from Mexico. You probably saw me. Which one were you? I remember there was a lady with a purple outfit. Then there were 2 ladies talking to each other. Finally, there was a man and women together. Were you one of them? Actually, my stomach is pretty swollen still too. I am not starving but I wish I could eat a few more things. The diet has not been too difficult to follow. However, I do get this tightness in my throat and chest sometimes. Also, my wounds are beginning to heal. How are you doing? What did you think of Dr. Ortiz and his office?

Thanks Cutie --I'm so excited!!!! A bit nervous but by this time tomorrw I'll be BANDED!!

WHOOOPPPIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sissi..... i dont think that i have overfilled my pouch...i havent felt that uncomfortable.....i just have a real full feeling.....but not to where i feel extensive pain.......i am sticking to full liquids...i dont like any of the creamy soups...so i just do broth, pudding, Jello and thats about it.....sunday my calendar says that i can have some well cooked Beans and veggies or veggie Soup. Of course i will mash everything up really good cause i dont want to have that PBing thing they talked about on here......my energy level is still kinda of low......i get tired pretty quick.....middle of back bothers me after standing up for a while....gas is getting a little bit better....never had pains in my shoulder......guess we will learn as we go

Yep, I'm a bandster. I was banded on wednesday June 7th at 7:30 a.m I was so nervous as I laid in the surgery room ...the next thing I knew, the surgery staff said "wake up, you did great!" WOW!! I can't believe I did it, I'm relieved and although there is some pain, I believe I made the right decision.

Thanks to evreybody that encouraged me in the last few days, I was honestly ready to chicken out but I remembered all of the people from this web site, I'm grateful this web site exists.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Melissa Lea, Mary Ann and Barbara! Can't wait to hear from you all! How exciting! I am still counting down the days...but my turn is soon. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

God Bless!:angel: :gluck:

Yeah Annemarie! So glad to have you back and banded!!!

Good luck to all on the way to bandland today! We should have a lot to talk about this weekend!!!!

Finished my preop today. I was at the Surgicenter around 9:45, but only saw the preop patients. I was hoping to see Barbara, but I think she had already gone in. I only have to do 1 day of Clear Liquids on Monday. I report at 6:00 am on Tuesday.

Glad everyone is doing well. I'm almost there. Newly banded - take care of yourselves, walk and sip, sip, sip. Those almost there - get hold of those nerves. We are doing the right thing. :cool:

Thank you all that are newly banded to me so generous with your time to let us know of your experiences, health and suggestions. This time must be rough for you because you are in recovery but wanted to sincerely tell you how much it really means to me. Thank you again and best wishes and health and WEIGHT LOSS! lol

I have to say that this is the first day I actually felt human. Did not need a nap, I am not saying I doing everything I did before surgery. But I haven't felt like just climbing in bed and letting the day pass either.

Today I am having to go slower with Water. Every sip makes me need to burp and when I burp I get a shot of discomfort from my chest to my shoulder. hopefully the gas will simmer down soon.

Hopefully all of you that were banded today are home and recovering. My prayers and thoughts are with you.