Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

:clap2: Surgery Dates the week of June 5 to June 9, 2006 :clap2:

June 5, 2006:clap2:

CutieRN (CutieRN)

CindyCam

Poodles

Reeneea

June 6, 2006:clap2:

Karen (Mrs Sabre)

Rebndave

Juliegeraci

June 7, 2006:clap2:

Maria (Maria 75)

Hedwig

Aimee (warmmorningsun)

AnneMarie

June 9, 2006:clap2:

Melissa Lea (Melissa Lea)

Mary Ann

June 13, 2006

Barbara (Barbara465)

Amus71774

JulieLu

June 19, 2006

Lasonyadj

June 22, 2006

ChakoLady

Janelle (Chako_lady)

June 26, 2006

Alysha (Alyshabrooke)

June 27, 2006

Dancing Queen

Please keep each of us in your thoughts and prayers as our surgery dates near.

Best wishes to all --

Melissa Lea

I hope i can belong to this group soon. I don't have a surgery date yet but i'm hoping and praying that its this month. I just have to wait.

I understand how Cutiern feels. The longer i wait for the surgery date the more and more i start doubting what i'm doing to myself.

I've never had surgery and i'm getting more and more nervous everyday.

So even though i don't have a schedule surgery yet this month. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread so i can prepare myself for everything coming.

:)You may all be newbies now but you'll be the pros i go to for advice after i get banded.

I am quite nervous about the surgery on Wednesday. I was never in surgery before and I can't seem to think about anything else for the past 2 months. :rolleyes

someone told me the other day that if i wasn't worried then she would be worried about me.

It's completely normal to be nervous. That just means you're thinking about you decision and you're not rushing into it. You done the research and everything you know you can do. You need to just be confident in your choice.

I should try taking their advice.

Nine days before my surgery and I cannot think of anything else. It's not so much fear but anticipation and nerves. I know I made the right decision but could it hurry up and get here already! :girl_hug:

Scared is an understandment, so I know how you feel. One more day.

I celebrated today with a nice big steak for lunch (remember, my doc just put me on low carb, not total liquids). Tomorrow I will be taking it a little easier on my tummy.

Hubby has been very supportive today. He told me that I will be happier, when I am healthier. So I just have to remember that.

oh i feel the exact same way. It's tough the mixture of excitement and nervousness and everything else you can think about.

JulieLu are you on a preopt diet?

Wow poodles! I can't imagine how you feel with just one more day to go. So you've been on a preopt diet for a month now. Why so long?

Do you work? if so how much time did you plan to take off?

I started low carb on the first trying to get back in the groove of things. The Detox period is the hardest time, and I wanted to be working while I went thru this. Plus, I want my liver to be in good shape. Lost a few pounds, and then gained a few when I started on Myocel (it has carbs), then I went to three shakes a day and one meal and lost 5 lbs again. Hopefully, my liver will be good enough to handle the surgery.

If you can, start low carb asap. This will help you in many ways. Atkins is your friend.

I did eat WAY too much meat today, but figure if I go back to one meal tomorrow it will even out. And I will not eat anything after 12 pm.

So so so scared... but I am also excited.

FYI: I am off for summer... I am a teacher.

Well, don't forget to come back and let us know how everything went. I want to hear EVERYTHING. I think one of the things that makes me so nervou is not knowing what to expect from the surgery itself.

I will have to start that diet then.

Right now i'm just waiting waiting and waiting. Which seems so hard.

How long did you have to wait from the time you first saw the dr till now?

I'm waiting for a surgery date now but i feel like once i get it i'm going to be told to be on a pre opt diet for a month or something like that and i don't know how i will take it if i have to wait too much longer.

Poodles - Good luck tomorrow! I hope you are able to get a little sleep tonight. Will think of you tomorrow. Please post as soon as you can so we know how you are doing.

Zexxah - I start my pre-op diet Monday. Dr. Ortiz requires only seven days of pre-op diet. I will be enjoying three Protein Shakes a day with an occasional salad the week before surgery. Doesn't sound fun but very much worth it.

Maybe you could start a low carb diet like South Beach and journal your food intake. That might help at getting a sooner than later surgery date. Keep me posted!

Hey Zekkah --

Even if you don't get your surgery date this month, your always welcome in the Junebie group (that goes for everyone). We are here to support each other through our Journey.

As for my date, it was set when I was ready to set it. Things are a little different for self-pay patients. Well, at least with my doctor. I know of a person that was self-pay and had the procedure within a few weeks of their frist meeting. But I can understand, it's nail biting to have to wait, and wait, and wait.

Now I am like all the other Junbies being banded this week --excited, nervous, anxious. But I am happy to say I do not doubt my decision. It wasn't always like that though. I'm fortunate to have a great family support system as well as all of you.

I can't wait for everyone to report back as well as they cross over to the banded side.

Melissa Lea:hippie:

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

:clap2: Surgery Dates the week of June 5 to June 9, 2006 :clap2:

June 5, 2006 :clap2:

CutieRN (CutieRN)

CindyCam

Poodles

Reeneea

June 6, 2006:clap2:

Karen (Mrs Sabre)

Rebndave

Juliegeraci

June 7, 2006:clap2:

Maria (Maria 75)

Hedwig

Aimee (warmmorningsun)

AnneMarie

June 9, 2006:clap2:

Melissa Lea (Melissa Lea)

Mary Ann

Please keep each of us in your thoughts and prayers as our surgery dates near.

Best wishes to all --

Melissa Lea

Hey gang, just a quick update. Surgery went well. I was 3rd in line in a group of 6. I have to say the worst part for me is the air in the stomache. Incisions are bruised some but feel fine. I have been walking alot the past 2 days. I wish that the air would go away then i would feel fine. 3 of the other girls having the surgery were just not ready. One ws complaining she could leave the hospital and go and have steak and eggs, the other was complaining that she hasnt lost any weight. Its amazing to me how poeple can be so niave. Will update more later.

I am back. I had my surgery June 2. It's funny how I meet Jazimie and we end it up in the same hospital, the same day. She had her surgery right before me. Well I drove to TJ allby my self, then my best friend got there on sat a.m. and we went to walk around in TJ around 3 p.m. I was in so much pain but the doctor said I need it to walk. So I did, I also drove back to L.A. I had surgery friday night, walking around friday and today I went grocery shopping. I can't get my self to eat... It hurts.. the gas they put right before the surgery it's bugging me. That has got to be the worse part of everything. I went to Trade Joes and got me some Protein, fuze, chicken Soup and all kinds of Soups.

I was 242 and I am now 235... crazy hah... i'm sure it's just Water weight but it feels g:biggrin1:ood. I'm in pain, but the doctor and everyone was really nice.