Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Congrats Jude :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: you are making great strides towards success.

Cutie --I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. We will both be just fine!!! :confused: :party: :party:

Melissa Lea :hippie:

Hi all Junebies..........

Yall count me in, I'll be banded on June 2 in MX by Dr. Sanchez. That seems to be the lucky day for many. I'm so excited about starting this journey and it's great to have encouraging and supportive friends along the way!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL JUNEBIES!!!

mek203@comcast.net

June 2, 2006

Jude (Jude 048)

Kim (Kimsretro)

Salemkitty

Sissi

June 5, 2006

CutieRN (CutieRN)

CindyCam

June 6, 2006

Karen (Mrs Sabre)

June 9, 2006

Melissa Lea (Melissa Lea)

June 13, 2006

Barbara (Barbara465)

Amus71774

Please keep each of us in your thoughts and prayers as our surgery dates near.

Best wishes to all --

Melissa Lea

<!-- / message -->

Congrats on your dates Amus and Sisi --

Keep us up to date. It does appear that the majority thus far will be having surgery on June 2, 2006.

I know there are many more Junebies lurking and wathching the board (I use to be one of you :) ). Don't be shy, come on in and say hello :)

Melissa Lea :hippie:

I'll still be away on June 2nd when some of you have surgery. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing. This is the greatest adventure of our lives. I just can't wait.

Hi Junebies ----

Thus far, the majority of you are just 10 days away from the big date :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

My question is, how are your pre-op diets???? I think I'm starting to get that "last meal" syndrome. I have been craving and eating foods I haven't eaten in YEARS, and I DO mean years:hungry: :hungry:. Example, this past weekend, I had to eat Funions or I thought I was gonna die. For startes, I don't even like Funions but had to go back for more (they are too salty for me :tired :tired :tired ).

:angry :angry :angry :angry UUGGGHHH!!!!! :angry :angry :angry :angry

How is everyone else feeling about the pre-op diet, how are you doing?

Melissa Lea:o :eek: :):D

Spivak

June 9, 2006

self-pay

weight.png

Actually, I do not have to start mine until one week before which would be this Friday. I am still trying to figure out what is the best Meal Replacement shake. :eek: I am going to try to stick to this for a week. I do not know how some of you are able to do this for 2 weeks. It takes a lot of will power and determination.

Good luck to all of you future bandsters! :clap2:

Hi everyone!

I'm on Day 2 of 2 weeks of pre-op liquids. I'm as dizzy :dizzy: as a drunken person right now, but I'm also on medications for spinal pain. :hurt

I'm not hungry, but do have a slight headache. I'm not going to take the pain meds tomorrow and see if I fair better.

I have an MRI early tomorrow morning, and am scheduled for my first series of spinal injections next Tuesday, before my lap-band surgery on June 5th. I'm hoping I'll only have one source of pain to deal with two weeks from now. :clap2:

I've also noticed more abdominal gas? What's up with that; I'm not eating. :eek:

I hope everyone is doing well! :)

I don't have to do any pre-op diet but thinking about liquids a few days before cause i read somewhere it can help with gas. And talking about last supper syndrome....... I've gained 10lbs since i starting researching this in Jan.:hungry: Stupid me.....:faint: just more to lose.

Well I just heard from the Hosp and Surgeons office who told me not to reschedule my date so I am still on for June 2nd. :eek:

I have to do pre-op diet for 2 days prior. But I plan on starting on Monday. My daughter has been an angel through all of this. She has been putting inspirational poems in my purse, walking with me, she even gave up soda with me so I wouldnt have to do it alone. She is 15.:angel:

She told me today, dont worry Mom, Daddy and I will take care of everything at the house and I will even cook dinner. She is a great kid.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I am on Day 8 of pre-op liquids with veggies allowed at dinner. I have been hungry, dizzy, suffering from headache (caffeine withdrawl), weak, shaky but also happy and excited! I still have 9 days to go with the pre-op diet - I added a few days on my own in order to give my liver the best chance.

I have been challenged when it comes to exercise - it is hard to do strenuous exercise with no food - and I have been on the treadmill but 16 min has been my limit. This morning 2 trips up the stairs (there are only 6) had me needing to sit down from dizzyness and an out of breath - light headed feeling.

I have enjoyed the vegetables and have been eating them raw or slightly cooked. They told me the more green and white ones the better - not root vegetables - so lots of cucumber, peppers, Beans, broccoli, cauliflower - some carrots and some Tomato.< /p>

I have also been have a 6 oz V8 juice for a snack once a day.

I have not waivered once. However, before I started the pre-op - I did have a few things like Pasta, cake, cheezies - enough to put me up 5 lbs from consultation to starting pre-op.

I am anxious now to just get to it! I keep thinking about next week, next month, next year - after banding - and I guess that I just want it to be here so that I can start that next stage of my life - a healthier one for sure!

Ther very first opti-fast I had was difficult - but it got better and now I don't mind it at all.

If anyone is looking for a GOOD liquid Meal Replacement - Weider Pro Plus is excellent - low in cals, carbs and VERY high in Protein - even better numbers than opti-fast and 10% of the cost!

Good luck all!

Speaking of liquid Meal Replacements, I've tried the Unjury brand. The strawberry Sorbet is good mixed with Water. The chocolate is OK, a little bland, but not bad. I also mix unflavored with cream Soups before they're warmed, and couldn't taste it. (Caution, warm not hot. If you overheat, added Protein will clump.)

Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling :faint: . Not that I want anyone else to struggle, but it's nice to know that I'm not in this alone :clap2: . As for these cravings :hungry: of foods I haven't eaten in years --go figure :eek: . I mean, if i'm gong to crave something, let it be something I love like cheesecake. I certaininly wouldn't ask for Funions for a "last" meal :phanvan .

Thanks for the support

Hugs to all :hug:

Melissa Lea

weight.png

melissa, i'm soooo struggling!!! my true "last meal" is going to be this weekend...my dad is going to bar-be-que for the memorial weekend. as long as we don't gain any weight, dr spivak will not be mad with us:p .

cutiern:D

I am on day 3 of my pre-op diet......(Optifast) its not to bad but haven't lost a pound yet and I have followed it to a "T"

I am also wanting to eat everything before i have to give it all up.........I have to do this Optifast diet for 14 day.....11 days left.....I have to do Clear Liquids the day before surgery.........but i think somewhere in the middle of all of this i will go to Outback and eat a steak one more time before i have my surgery........The first day of that Optifast diet was a killer ...not to bad now......But i surely know where everyone is coming from......and i was informed that i didnt have to do the optifast but since i ordered it already guess i just assume do it......that stuff is expensive!! Good Luck to Everyone!!