Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just have to do a lot of chewing. Maybe consider starting with shredded lettuce.

I have one almost everyday. I have iceberg lettuce, cucumbers (no skin), carrots, sunflower seeds and shredded cheese. I have never used dressing, so I can't help you there. I don't eat tomatoes so I don't help with that either. When out for dinner I sometimes order a salad and have them add salmon, chicken or shrimp. I love it because I am not a veggie eater.

Just remember, chew chew chew. I have the salad about one hour before my dinner so that I don;t fill up on it and get something 'healthy' in me.

I have one almost everyday. I have iceberg lettuce, cucumbers (no skin), carrots, sunflower seeds and shredded cheese. I have never used dressing, so I can't help you there. I don't eat tomatoes so I don't help with that either. When out for dinner I sometimes order a salad and have them add salmon, chicken or shrimp. I love it because I am not a veggie eater.

Just remember, chew chew chew. I have the salad about one hour before my dinner so that I don;t fill up on it and get something 'healthy' in me.

I like the idea of eating the salad an hour before a meal. I've been trying to figure out HOW to get in more veggies, but if I eat them with Protein, I won't eat enough Protein. I'm going to try doing what you do.

I LOVE salads and eat them when I can. I will add shredded baked chicken or some other sort of Protein to it. Chopped eggs, cheese or bacon bits. Some salads I make with lettuce and some with raw spinach.

The only problem I have had with salads was after I had my gallbladder taken out. But that has died down over the months.

My Band Doc says I can have salads after I have gotten my Protein in. If I get that done and am still hungry, then I can have a salad. It has something to do with the Water content of the lettuce.

Baby steps when starting out and make sure you do chew real good.

Good luck.

Suziecat

Thanks for sharing the info the doctor gave you about when to eat your salad. It is an interesting concept to eat the salad after the Protein. Once I start eating salads again, I will do that. My doctor says that I cannot eat salads until after 60 days postop. So I'm patiently waiting since I love salads sooooo much.

Every. Single. Day! for lunch and sometimes at dinner too. I love them :) No issues for me.

I had the most delicious salad today & I ate it like filet miñon. Ate Protein first but old habits are hard to break of mixing it up. Also, chew chew & chew some more.

I eat them almost every week. :)

Can you all eat chicken. I thought chicken was hard to digest?

Can you all eat chicken. I thought chicken was hard to digest?

I eat chicken at least three times a week.

I eat salads a lot in the summer. Never had any problems with them. Just like all foods small bits and chew to mush.

I eat salad almost daily and have never had a problem, but I I do only have 3 cc's in my band, I'd be devastated if I couldn't, I love salad! :)