Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone I was banded on 7-12-13 and really have had little to no pain until today. Not sure what's going on. I have had more Water today than any other day. I'm on straight liquids and only 1 Protein Shake today. I just feel like I've gone to a buffet and now have to wheeled out. Anyone else felt this way? Other than that I'm down 42 lbs. 30 pre op diet and 12 post op.

Not sure about how you are feeling Jon but I wanted to say "wow" on the 12 pounds post op in just 4 days!!!!! Keep it up...you make me feel like I'm "drinking" too much now!!! Lol!

Does anyone have this think flem in their chest? It's like a bad chest cold except I can feel it in my throat and esophagus every time I swallow...it's weird and I didn't have it before surgery. I wonder if its my body healing my hernia but its like I would feel better if I could just cough it out.

Instill get weird pressures in my belly and chest due to gas. Also I had flem I was coughing up. It hurt. I went in bathroom and towards end of shower I bent over and coughed and got a lot out. It felt much better And less painful in the shower.

The phlegm that you are coughing up I did to. It's from the breathing tube they put in after your asleep and take out before your in recovery. Same thing that gave us the sore throat afterwards. I was nervous that I was sick so I asked my doctor and that's what he told me!

Hope that was helpful :-)

Yes I had abt 3 days of phlem-y coughs right after surgery. I think it had to do with the breathing tube and anesthesia. It cleared up on its own for me.

Hey everyone I was banded on 7-12-13 and really have had little to no pain until today. Not sure what's going on. I have had more Water today than any other day. I'm on straight liquids and only 1 Protein Shake today. I just feel like I've gone to a buffet and now have to wheeled out. Anyone else felt this way? Other than that I'm down 42 lbs. 30 pre op diet and 12 post op.

What kinda pain? Where? I wonder if maybe you are hungry? There were times my pain escalated and it was in some weird overlap of a hunger pain mixed with gas pains. Or maybe if the Protein shake made you that full the key is drinking slower?

Congrats on some amazing loss!

Going to the Dr tomorrow for my first post op visit. Excited to see if I am down at all. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. Still have some pain and gas but nothing like it was. I also had a hernia repair so the pain in my belly button is awful. I haven't been able to lay down and sleep in my bed since surgery, too painful. Hoping that I can soon cause sleeping in a chair in the living is getting pretty uncomfortable! Lol

Sprinkle715 thank you so much for telling me about the isopure! Your a life saver I was finally able to get all my Protein in today without trying to drink 36oz of shake!!! ???„

Has anybody had chest pain or tightness after surgery? It feels tight when I take deep breaths so pain is the wrong word to describe it! I was banded yesterday so I was hoping this was normal.

I'm doing my breathing thing when I remember so like every few hours and its tough to get to where I need to be on that!

I didn't have that but do remember the nurse telling me a million times to take deep breaths. The anesthesia and pain meds can make your breathing shallow. Maybe you had some time with shallow breaths and now the deep ones are expanding some muscles past where they were recently?

Also the chest tightness might be gas.

What kinda pain? Where? I wonder if maybe you are hungry? There were times my pain escalated and it was in some weird overlap of a hunger pain mixed with gas pains. Or maybe if the Protein Shake made you that full the key is drinking slower?

Congrats on some amazing loss!

The pain is more of a pressure. It could be gas but it really feels like I'm incredibly full and miserable. I'm going to try drinking slower but I had my shake at 9 am and didn't start feeling this way until around 4 this afternoon. And I had a ton of Water in that time frame. Just weird to me that's all.

The pain is more of a pressure. It could be gas but it really feels like I'm incredibly full and miserable. I'm going to try drinking slower but I had my shake at 9 am and didn't start feeling this way until around 4 this afternoon. And I had a ton of Water in that time frame. Just weird to me that's all.

I felt the same way. After I drank it felt like I had just finished thanksgiving dinner and it was kinda hard to keep drinking. I am one week post op today and I can tell you it gets easier to drink without having that super full feeling all the time. Especially too as all the gas passes and we continue to heal it gets much easier! :-)

Aggiemaggie no problem! I'm so happy you are ale to get your Protein without having to drink a gallon of water! I asked my doctor about the swelling and gas. He said two weeks for the puffy belly and gas to go away. He also said its a lot of fluids. I said I was tired a lot and he said a lot of our bodies energy is going to healing and that's why some of us might get tired quicker doing things. I went to work half day and slept when I got home. I am allowed 3 meals a day and they need to be 2 oz to 3oz each. Soft mushy foods.... Beans, puréed veggies, chicken, turkey. Pork, scrambled eggs, egg whites, yogurts... They said anything as long as it is the consistency of apple sauce of thinner. They said canned chicken and tuna is best to start off with for meat. Also said at least 60 grams of protein. I also read take your weight and multiply by .36 and that can individually tell you how many grams u need individually. Remember guys biotine is important. It's a supplement about 8 bucks found by Vitamins and it helps hair skin and nails. Lots of people have Hair loss and thinning some lose eye lashed due to lack if nutrients. I also had to buy Calcium vitamins, Vitamin D and a multi Vitamin. In addition I am going to use benefiber to regulate bms. Hope this info helps some of you. Thank u all so much for the support, kindness, and info you have shared. This site is such a blessing and I cant thank you all enough!

Aggiemaggie no problem! I'm so happy you are ale to get your Protein without having to drink a gallon of water! I asked my doctor about the swelling and gas. He said two weeks for the puffy belly and gas to go away. He also said its a lot of fluids. I said I was tired a lot and he said a lot of our bodies energy is going to healing and that's why some of us might get tired quicker doing things. I went to work half day and slept when I got home. I am allowed 3 meals a day and they need to be 2 oz to 3oz each. Soft mushy foods.... Beans' date=' puréed veggies, chicken, turkey. Pork, scrambled eggs, egg whites, yogurts... They said anything as long as it is the consistency of apple sauce of thinner. They said canned chicken and tuna is best to start off with for meat. Also said at least 60 grams of protein. I also read take your weight and multiply by .36 and that can individually tell you how many grams u need individually. Remember guys biotine is important. It's a supplement about 8 bucks found by Vitamins and it helps hair skin and nails. Lots of people have Hair loss and thinning some lose eye lashed due to lack if nutrients. I also had to buy Calcium vitamins, Vitamin D and a multi Vitamin. In addition I am going to use benefiber to regulate bms. Hope this info helps some of you. Thank u all so much for the support, kindness, and info you have shared. This site is such a blessing and I cant thank you all enough![/quote']

That's great! I can't wait to finally start some puréed foods. The Protein Shakes after awhile gets gross lol. I am going to ask my dr about Biotin tomorrow too! And I have to see if I need any other vitamins cause all I have been taking is Flinstones chewables I don't know if its from the protein shakes but my teeth fell weird, like if I run my tongue along the inside. Anyone else feel that? It's kinda weird lol

Banded July 10. Still battling gas pain. Back to work with restrictions. Not hungry but def sick of liquids! Down 10 lbs since surgery.

Hi everyone I was banded July 10th as well. I m down 10 lbs , still passing the gas , thank God. No pain meds in 2 days! Back to work half days starting tomorrow for 5 days! Ughhhhh! Feeling ok but don't like the shakes! Changed to EAS but still not a fan! Ready for purée food! 5 more days! Keep up the good work everyone!