Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heather in this app? Or a different one? I'm so confused

I found the ticker on the actual website lapbandtalk.com ;)

I had a small scare today that I'm going to have to watch closely. One of my smallest incisions has started to get infected (noticed today when changing shirts, very red around the incision, very slightly icky - I won't be too gross here - when I started checking it closer). I have quite the history of wounds getting infected so I was actually a little surprised it hadn't already happened to one of the larger incisions! Called doc & he had me come in. Confirmed mild infection & discussed how to care for it. I'll watch it closely in the process. As long as it doesn't get worse, we'll avoid antibiotics. I'm crossing my fingers & praying given my track record with this sort of thing. >:0

Heather in this app? Or a different one? I'm so confused

Yes, on this LBT website. I did not try the phone version yet. That might be different.

Just venting.... I ask my family to keep my surgery private. But I should have known they can't keep their mouths shut.. I'm just trying to get use to my new life and having to deal with others judging me. Why are people so mean....

Today was a stressful day because a it's 100 degrees out and our electricity went out. I have 3 small children and one is sick with a high fever so today was stressful trying to figure out where to go. I found myself craving eating bad food. I never realized before how I let food control me. I did good and didn't eat anything bad and stuck to my preop liquid diet. It wasn't easy but I'm proud of myself.

Ok so I've been keeping it pretty basic. Water, propel, 1 Protein shake(1 is all I can tolerate thanks to nausea) and Jello. Every time I try to do broth or cream Soup I instantly can't stop going to the bathroom. Is it just me???

A week and a day out (banded 7/10) and every day gets better! Down 15 lbs since surgery! Still gassy and bloated built not much actual gas pain remaining. Still on liquids til day 14 - having lots of cramping, particularly with cold stuff, and having a hard time getting my calories, not to mention my Protein. Doc says I'm still very tight and swollen, not healed enough to move on to mushies. Steri strips came off today and incisions look good. Port incision and surrounding area is still tender and bruised.

Overall very pleased and can't wait to advance my diet and get more active!

Hmm Mariah maybe you're just super swollen still? I have been so lucky and haven't felt sick and I can get foods down quite well. I had a harder time with Protein. Drinking protein makes me cringe. I had apple sauce then dinner mashed potatoes and Beans I smushed and I just had a scoop of mint ice cream. Call ur doctor.. I were banded same day as me right 11th?

Hey all! Just want to let those of you that may not have heard that we also have a very good and VERY private group going on, on Facebook. It's not meant to replace this at all.. it's just another resource. Personally, I like it. I feel like we've got a little family going on over there. :)

Anyway, you can't search it because of the privacy settings. the only way to get in is to message me with either your email address or your facebook name. If I have to find you using your facebook name, I will have to add you as a personal friend before I'm able to add you to the community.

Just thought I'd put it out there! :D

Yes' date=' on this LBT website. I did not try the phone version yet. That might be different.[/quote']

I don't see tickers in the app - only when I'm on the website.

Day 1 wasn't bad at all. Day 2 was a little worse bc of the gas, but its bearable. Op nurse called to check on me today and said that was normal for Day 2 because all the anesthesia is wearing off from yesterday. Now someone tells me that Day 3 is supposed to be the worst of all... I thought the worst was supposed to be Day 2? Yikes. So far though - its been no big deal. I'm just hoping it stays that way. I'm hoping the "Day 3 rumor" isn't true. How's everyone else doing?

I had my surgery a week ago today and mostly fee back to normal minus some swelling in my tummy, occasional port pain, and I get tired easily. I will be working a half day tomorrow and return FT on Monday.

I had my surgery a week ago today and mostly fee back to normal minus some swelling in my tummy' date=' occasional port pain, and I get tired easily. I will be working a half day tomorrow and return FT on Monday.[/quote']

I hear ya, Aviva! I have been both surprised & amazed at how tired I get at the end of a day of being out of the house running around a lot. I chose to have my surgery when I am off (work for a school system so off for the summer) so that I can focus fully on getting back to a work out routine, etc. I really admire those of you who are going back so soon! Just the few days so far that I have have heavy running around days, I have passed out when I got home, once without even eating dinner!

Any body else dealing with hiccups?