Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 and 1/2 weeks out and really trying not to weigh myself like crazy but I am not losing. I lost 10 lbs in the first week and haven't lost a lb since. I am logging all my foods and am only eating soft foods. I use about 800 calories a day and average about 80 grams of Protein daily. I even have started working out four times this week. Feeling very frustrated. Any insight?

Just wait. When long time ago I started a crazy diet+exercise program, it took 5 weeks for the pounds to start to melt off.

I've found that, for me, exercising slows weight loss until I have been at it consistently for a few weeks. Whether it's my metabolism trying to catch up or what, I don't know. Previously I would take that as a sign to give up BUT if you stick with it, you will start seeing results. Also, sometimes you have to play around with calories. Some people need to eat all their calories (including those earned through exercise) and some can't. Give it time, see what works and you'll be losing soon.

Don't forget, your body is still healing and that is more important than weight loss right now. Best if luck to you!!

I know exactly how you feel! I got banded on the 25th I've lost 14lbs since surgery and that was last weeks weigh in. I think we expect to loose the weight too quickly. The reason we lost in the beginning is because of the stomach being swollen. I myself don't have any Fluid yet my 1st fill is on Aug.6th. Also something that may help you feel a lil better is try measuring yourself I took my measurements. I may not be seeing a change in my weight rite now but i'm seeing a change with my measurements 4inches gone around my waist and I can visibly see the change in my arms and legs. Everything is gonna work out and be okay! Wishing you much success on your goal! ;)

Thanks Ladies. All good advic. I hav always been a slow loser which is a healthy thing but so frustrating when I am eating so much less then I used to et. Believe me I am not going to give up! Not even close. I haven't measured myself but that's a great idea! My surgery was on June 25th. I get my first fill this coming Wednesday the 17th. Thanks for the help.

You are still healing and it will take some time. I gained the first 2 weeks post op! I saw big changes in how my clothes fit and how I looked long before the scale started moving. My doctor also told me once I had my first fill I would start seeing a more noticeable weight loss. My nutritionist also told me that a SLOW steady weight loss will be easier to keep off. Hang in there, it will come!

Look at it this way: You lost TEN pounds in under three weeks. Is it really realistic to see a ten pound loss in a week, and then expect more losses in the next several days? Give it time. You will see periods where the weight goes up and down, but over the longer run there should be a downward trend.

I was banded June 26th and the same thing is happening to me! I lost about 15 right off the bat, but have held steady since. I eat about 800 calories a day too. I don't understand why I'm not losing. ugh. Very annoying and frustrating. My first fill isn't until August 1st, but I don't understand how that will help when I'm already eating less than 1000 calories per day.

I know your frustration....I was banded June 14 and have lost 12 lbs (I actually gained a few back when I started normal foods)....I just keep watching what I eat and I exercise and then i tell myself it will come off eventually... My first fill is July 31st... We will see. Hang in there!

I was banded June 26th and the same thing is happening to me! I lost about 15 right off the bat' date=' but have held steady since. I eat about 800 calories a day too. I don't understand why I'm not losing. ugh. Very annoying and frustrating. My first fill isn't until August 1st, but I don't understand how that will help when I'm already eating less than 1000 calories per day.[/quote']

Band twins! I was banded in June 26th also. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Make sure you are being totally true to yourself when logging calories. It's easy to downplay what you've had to eat and drink and think you've only had 800 when in reality it could be nearly double. I always log slightly more calories than I actually eat so it works purely to my benefit. If you are eating only 800 and still not losing, well id maybe pick up your activity and start cycling your calories.

Pain is normal and will getter better by the day. Everyone has a different pain threshold. If the pain is unbearable call your doctor.

Thanks Ladies. All good advic. I hav always been a slow loser which is a healthy thing but so frustrating when I am eating so much less then I used to et. Believe me I am not going to give up! Not even close. I haven't measured myself but that's a great idea! My surgery was on June 25th. I get my first fill this coming Wednesday the 17th. Thanks for the help.

too cool we were banded the same day!

Make sure you are being totally true to yourself when logging calories. It's easy to downplay what you've had to eat and drink and think you've only had 800 when in reality it could be nearly double. I always log slightly more calories than I actually eat so it works purely to my benefit. If you are eating only 800 and still not losing, well id maybe pick up your activity and start cycling your calories.

I'm super accurate on counting my calories. I weigh, measure and log everything that touches my lips. The only think I can think of is that I'm not exercising like I normally do because I'm not allowed yet. I try to walk every day just to do something, but I am counting the days until I can get back into my regular routine. What do you mean cycling your calories?