Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I missing anything?

I am starting my liquid diet on wed and I am going shopping tomorrow can u tell me if I'm missing anything.

Protein whey powder In different flavors

Protein premade drinks.

sugar free Jello

sugar free Popsicles

Variety of broths.

Skim milk

Sugar free fat free yogurt to add to shakes.

V8 juices and or other juices.

Unflavored weigh powder(if I can find it)

Green and black tea for my unsweetened iced tea.

Can I add frozen fruit to the Protein Shakes?

I know I need Vitamins I just can't remember is it just a multi Vitamin and Calcium and B12 ?

Am I missing anything from this list also can I eat spicy broths like a Thai broth Soup?

I am sooooooo nervous to start this.

I'm not sure what your doctor's rules/preferences are so make sure whatever you get stays within those parameters. Having said that, I thought I would never be able to do the liquid phase, but it was not as bad as I expected. My doc required 6 weeks liquids pre-op, then Clear Liquids post op and on to full liquids for another 2 weeks before moving on to mushy/pureed food.

I don't like milky-type shakes, so I did a lot of Soups. I was allowed to buy full Soups (that had veg, etc in them) as long as I blended them. That helped - having a big variety so it wasn't just cream of chicken or Tomato Soup.

I also really like intense flavors - I don't like things that taste watered down. So I had a hard time making a fruit Protein shake that had enough flavor for me. I started adding the small packets of crystal light to the shake and they were really good. I would definitely ask your doctor if you can blend in fruit to your shakes. My typical shake would be a container of sugar free low fat yogurt, frozen fruit, Protein Powder, a little milk, and a crystal light packet (usually just part of one).

For me, the key was variety. If you can do fruit, do a lot of different kinds - stuff you might not normally eat. I got really tired of strawberries! But when I started adding things like mango and apricots, it wasn't so boring.

I was also told to do a Multivitamin and Calcium supplements. I think my doctor gave me a list of Vitamins and minerals that needed to be in the Multivitamin and how much of each one I needed to have, so I could read labels and pick a multivitamin that had as much of everything I needed. Again - I'd check with your doctor to see if he/she has specific requirements on this.

Hope this helps and good luck! If I can do it, trust me, you can too! I made it through the whole liquid phase without cheating (except once about 2 weeks before surgery. I snapped and ate an amazing salad with nothing but vegetables in it. It was the best salad I've ever eaten in my life!!! You'd think if I was going to snap, I'd have something like a steak or even something like french fries. Nope - I thought I would die if I didn't have that salad. Bodies are weird!)

Shelly

The only other things I bought for the first weeks post surgery was sugar free oatmeal and instant grits, to be made thin and runny. My dietation said no spicy anything until after 5 weeks. She said small pieces of fruit in your shakes were ok, but I couldn't tolerate it. You might want to consider Biotin too. Not a recommendation from my surgeon or dietation, but many people here and on Youtube swear by it to avoid Hair loss, which sounded good to me. I am 7 weeks post op and no hair loss so far. Good luck!

I was on 3 Protein Drinks a day and 1 300 calorie lean cuisine. For 12 days pre op then Clear Liquids the last 2 days pre op. it wasn't too bad!

It seems like you do have everything. Every Doctor is different so I may be able to have Soups but no juice etc. Just in case you can always call the doctor's office and ask for a list just to be on the safe side. I'm on day 6 of my diet and so far yesterday was the hardest (day 5) but I'm feeling much better now. Best wishes to you and stay positive :D