Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

On my way to get banded and start my new life! Good luck to anyone else getting banded today. :)

Congrats on the weight loss! How much have you lost since the band?

I lost 23lb before the surgery (pre-op was 4 weeks) and lost 8lbs this week after surgery. I'm 8 days banded so pretty happy with that!

Tomorrow is the day! Off to the hospital in the morning.

Best of luck today! See you on the other side :)

It's going. I've lost 21 pounds. So I'm pretty stoked about that. I get to start Wednesday on regular food which I'm thrilled about. I was talking to someone today and told them I am starving even though I'm on soft foods and they said its because the swelling is going down. Because I'm so worried ill mess up. They told me its normal to get hungry and this is a lesson we all have to learn. And eventually ill have the hang of this. I'm so glad you were able to get sleep. I was so scared to sleep on my right side bc I didn't want to hurt the port. And my doctor kept saying ur not going to hurt it; it's pretty durable. And I know one morning I woke up and I was on my stomach and I was like OMG how'd this happen but I guess it didn't bother me bc I didn't wake up. I have also noticed since this surgery I'm not getting up nearly as much to use the bathroom in the middle of the night...hey the more sleep I get the better I will feel for the next day! I'm so glad we all have each other to lean on

I'm so glad we all have each other too! It's so reassuring to talk to people who are going through the same thing or have been through it and can offer advice. Your weight loss is fantastic! Yay to you :)

I'm starting to feel hungry too. The first six days I was like food? No thanks! Yuk! And now I'm thinking about food all the time and wishing I could eat. You could be right about the swelling being responsible. My surgeon did tell me that I would feel hungry by the week 3 stage. I got to progress to thicker liquids today. And then next week mashed foods. I am soooo over soup! Err.

Hi Guys, I'm banded on the 7th all I can say is WOW... I'm not sure what I'm going through, this is a start of a BIG jouney But, it is life changing, how is everyone who just started doing?? My surgery went great, I stayed over night and came home and felt like I got hit by a truck...lol..I could not get up from bed...My body was so sore... then I got such bad Direaha ughh... but, it stopped, Pain has been getting less and less, I'm having a hard time with getting my meds in..they r nasty..any ideas? Today I feel tight ..have had no vomiting at all..so far

Hi Guys' date=' I'm banded on the 7th all I can say is WOW... I'm not sure what I'm going through, this is a start of a BIG jouney But, it is life changing, how is everyone who just started doing?? My surgery went great, I stayed over night and came home and felt like I got hit by a truck...lol..I could not get up from bed...My body was so sore... then I got such bad Direaha ughh... but, it stopped, Pain has been getting less and less, I'm having a hard time with getting my meds in..they r nasty..any ideas? Today I feel tight ..have had no vomiting at all..so far[/quote']

Rosie

Try sipping something tasty before and after each pill. See if that helps. Are you feeling less and less like you got hit by a truck? Hopefully you feel better.

My surgery is Aug 22, my pre op started on the 8th. I doe shakes and clear liquid. And 6oz Protein every three days.

How are you getting your Protein if not in the shakes? I am on preop and started on the 8th. I get banded on the 23rd. I have crystal light raspberry tea, chicken broth, shakes and Water, pills and that's it. Do you get to eat something? I use sometimes, more ice in my shakes just so I have something to crunch on. I'm feeling pretty good. Less cravings, less headaches, feeling satisfied most part. Keeping myself busy. sleeping good at night. Just the bathroom breaks it seems during the day about every 30 min or so sometimes longer. I'm looking forward to the 23rd as I'm sure you are looking forward to yours. Hope your doing well and you keep a positive attitude. But keep coming back here if needing support.

Thanks Donna. I am a crystal light fanatic. My headaches are finally gone and I actually have energy. Today was a great day but ready to get this show on the road.

Hi All! Home from hospital. Surgery went real well. Had a little gas pain in the shoulder but it has subsided. Pain in my stomach but it's tolerable. Getting up and walking helps! Keeping on top of pain meds. If you have yet to have had your surgery, ask about the nausea patch. They leave it on for two days to keep you from getting sick. Best of luck to all who are going to have surgery soon.

Hi All! Home from hospital. Surgery went real well. Had a little gas pain in the shoulder but it has subsided. Pain in my stomach but it's tolerable. Getting up and walking helps! Keeping on top of pain meds. If you have yet to have had your surgery' date=' ask about the nausea patch. They leave it on for two days to keep you from getting sick. Best of luck to all who are going to have surgery soon.[/quote']

Glad things went well! Sounds like you are doing everything that you are supposed to. Keep it up and keep us updated on your progress.

Hi All! Home from hospital. Surgery went real well. Had a little gas pain in the shoulder but it has subsided. Pain in my stomach but it's tolerable. Getting up and walking helps! Keeping on top of pain meds. If you have yet to have had your surgery' date=' ask about the nausea patch. They leave it on for two days to keep you from getting sick. Best of luck to all who are going to have surgery soon.[/quote']

Great News!!!! Your now on your way to the healthier you!! Exciting!! I will definitely ask this Thursday (my surgery day). Thanks again! Try & rest! Also, stay hydrated. Take Care!!

Hi All,

I just wanted to share a recipe with you all as someone mentioned PIZZA! Ha, I love pizza but cant eat wheat so I found this awesome alternative that I think will be band friendly down the track and has certainly been a saviour. My preop diet isnt super strict and so I made this saturday night with just half the cheese. My partner also loves it as he doesnt feel bloated afterwards. I have made up a whole lot of little pizza crusts and frozen them - you can use it as bread!

You Won’t Believe it’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*

1 egg

1 cup mozzarella cheese

1/2 tsp fennel

1 tsp oregano

2 tsp parsley

**pizza or alfredo sauce

toppings (make sure meats are cooked)

mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler (grill for the Europeans) at high heat just until cheese is melted **.

I'm so glad we all have each other too! It's so reassuring to talk to people who are going through the same thing or have been through it and can offer advice. Your weight loss is fantastic! Yay to you :)

I'm starting to feel hungry too. The first six days I was like food? No thanks! Yuk! And now I'm thinking about food all the time and wishing I could eat. You could be right about the swelling being responsible. My surgeon did tell me that I would feel hungry by the week 3 stage. I got to progress to thicker liquids today. And then next week mashed foods. I am soooo over soup! Err.

I was on a 1500 calorie diet before surgery so I could have what I wanted. Just couldn't go over 1500 calories. Then I was on a liquid diet for a week after surgery seen my doctor he moved me to soft foods last week and I can have regular food starting Wednesday YAY!!!! However tonight is not a good night for me bc I feel like all I want to do is eat and plus I think I have an incision infected and for some reason I'm in alot of pain which worries me so back to the doctor I go tomorrow....And tonight I had my first breakdown cry. Like u can't do this I'm not staying full I feel like I could eat a Big Mac which I'm sure two or three bites I be done..lol and I was like idk if I made the right decision and maybe I shouldn't of done it.....sigh rough night :(

I was on a 1500 calorie diet before surgery so I could have what I wanted. Just couldn't go over 1500 calories. Then I was on a liquid diet for a week after surgery seen my doctor he moved me to soft foods last week and I can have regular food starting Wednesday YAY!!!! However tonight is not a good night for me bc I feel like all I want to do is eat and plus I think I have an incision infected and for some reason I'm in alot of pain which worries me so back to the doctor I go tomorrow....And tonight I had my first breakdown cry. Like u can't do this I'm not staying full I feel like I could eat a Big Mac which I'm sure two or three bites I be done..lol and I was like idk if I made the right decision and maybe I shouldn't of done it.....sigh rough night :(

Oh Brittini hang in there. Sounds like you have had a rough day. I'm sorry. You are not alone. I asked my husband several times yesterday if I did the right thing or should I have it taken out. He reassured me that I did the right thing and it is just a rough patch. I cried a lot yesterday which made me hurt worse. Take your pain meds and see the doc tomorrow. But know that I am here for you emotionally because food is what we used to turn to when we bored, tired, sick, happy, mad. You did the right thing. Remember in the long run you will be healthier and live longer and better. Hang in there band sister.

Hi Guys' date=' I'm banded on the 7th all I can say is WOW... I'm not sure what I'm going through, this is a start of a BIG jouney But, it is life changing, how is everyone who just started doing?? My surgery went great, I stayed over night and came home and felt like I got hit by a truck...lol..I could not get up from bed...My body was so sore... then I got such bad Direaha ughh... but, it stopped, Pain has been getting less and less, I'm having a hard time with getting my meds in..they r nasty..any ideas? Today I feel tight ..have had no vomiting at all..so far[/quote']

Hello, I was banded on the 5th and it has been up and down,but the gas pains are gone. Thank god! My port sit is still very tender, and sore. I am really trying to drink all the liquids to stay hydrated but it is so hard to do,especially with the small sips. I lost 17pounds on the preop diet, and I weighed this morning, and I have lost 7 pounds since my surgery a week ago. That is a total of 24pounds. I am very happy about that. 2ounces at a time is about all I can get down. I feel full, I have been mixing my Protein powder with some baby food bananas, and a bit of almond milk. It is so much easier than trying to drink the shakes. I try to get my Protein in, as I don't want to have my hair fall out! I am taking my Biotin, Calcium, and multi Vitamins every day. I am so tired of crushing pills. It is yucky. I found a wonderful Swanson broth that is spicy called Tortilla. I sprinkle a bit of parm cheese on it, and it is very good. I also had no vomiting or "bathroom issues" I don't go to my dr for my 1st checkup until the 21st. I hope you feel better soon. Our new journey is under way! YAY!