Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

Tomorrow is the day! Excited, nervous, anxious and all that. Since I started this journey I have lost 30 lbs....it has done wonders to my overall health. Just hoping the band will help me keep the momentum going....I will keep everyone posted.

Tomorrow is the day! Excited' date=' nervous, anxious and all that. Since I started this journey I have lost 30 lbs....it has done wonders to my overall health. Just hoping the band will help me keep the momentum going....I will keep everyone posted.[/quote']

Good luck Tamara! Sounds like you are doing awesome! See ya on the other side.

Hi All! Home from hospital. Surgery went real well. Had a little gas pain in the shoulder but it has subsided. Pain in my stomach but it's tolerable. Getting up and walking helps! Keeping on top of pain meds. If you have yet to have had your surgery' date=' ask about the nausea patch. They leave it on for two days to keep you from getting sick. Best of luck to all who are going to have surgery soon.[/quote']

That's great to hear! You will feel better each day :)

I was on a 1500 calorie diet before surgery so I could have what I wanted. Just couldn't go over 1500 calories. Then I was on a liquid diet for a week after surgery seen my doctor he moved me to soft foods last week and I can have regular food starting Wednesday YAY!!!! However tonight is not a good night for me bc I feel like all I want to do is eat and plus I think I have an incision infected and for some reason I'm in alot of pain which worries me so back to the doctor I go tomorrow....And tonight I had my first breakdown cry. Like u can't do this I'm not staying full I feel like I could eat a Big Mac which I'm sure two or three bites I be done..lol and I was like idk if I made the right decision and maybe I shouldn't of done it.....sigh rough night :(

I could have written this brittani! I had my first breakdown cry yesterday as well. I am getting frustrated with wanting to eat but can't, and when I have what I can eat, I feel tightness in my band and like my port is pulling. I think I just needed to get my boo hoos out but I seriously said to my hub that if this is how it feels to eat for the rest of my life, I will get the band taken out! And of course, because I was feeling down about it, all I wanted to do was eat the wrong stuff... Which just makes me feel more frustrated and hungry! But I have woken up today feeling better. It's definitely a roller coaster ride :)

I haven't been banded yet (9/3). But, I think it was in the moon yesterday. I woke up crying and if a fly landed on me... The faucets started again, I fell asleep crying. I think it is just the stress we are putting ourselves thru.. "getting prepared" and the. "dealing with" this life change. That or we all need medication. Chin up girls; we will all get thru this.... Now, if the rest of the world survives us..... that's their problem not ours. Lol.

We all can do this! We will have some setbacks. Yesterday was my first pre-op day....it was rough. I'm just trying to look at the big picture. Even though, I did feel sorry for myself, more than a few times yesterday. I do have a relationship with food. It doesn't help that we eat to survive. Not easy. I'm not going to let food rule my life, anymore. I'm ready for this Thursday, (my surgery day), the start of my 'New' self ; ) I'm so blessed to have found this application. You all have been wonderful!

We all can do this! We will have some setbacks. Yesterday was my first pre-op day....it was rough. I'm just trying to look at the big picture. Even though' date=' I did feel sorry for myself, more than a few times yesterday. I do have a relationship with food. It doesn't help that we eat to survive. Not easy. I'm not going to let food rule my life, anymore. I'm ready for this Thursday, (my surgery day), the start of my 'New' self ; ) I'm so blessed to have found this application. You all have been wonderful![/quote']

Jama

I have never been one for forums or Facebook but I agree that getting in this was the best thing I did for support. Good luck in the days to follow.

We are all experiencing the same thing, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I too had a couple of those rough days at the beginning of my pre-op phase. I just kept having to remind myself that it was helping to prepare for this new chapter in my life. I definitely agree that being on this forum has been a great source of strength. You all have been wonderful!

I've found myself wanting food when I look at it, but not wanting it for very long. I have three Protein Shakes, 3 cans of chicken broth and inbetween all day long I drink crystal light raspberry tea. I have lost about 8 lbs in 6 days. I have met a plateau. I gained a lb then lost it then gained back 1/2 lbs. so this is just preop. So my medications have a lot to do with my weight and how I lose it or gain it. But the meds I have to take, they are psychiatric drugs for Bipolar disorder and I've been stable for quite a while and I don't want to go back to that black hole. But I do want to lose weight. I try not to dwell on the liquids or what time I'm eating them. Just today I was suppose to have my morning shake at 10 am. I was busy doing paperwork in my office and listening to music and I finished the most part got up and realized it was almost 11a. So I fixed my shake vanilla and banana with ice and Water. I have a magic bullet. Anyhow, for Breakfast I had chicken broth which gives me another texture and taste, my tea, then a shake about 10a. then chicken broth for lunch, ice tea, then a shake about 3 or 4, ice tea, then another chicken broth about 7 then a shake at 8 and again iced tea. I've come to accept it. I've found I want the food but not bad enough to wreck my chances for a band. I'm not saying I'm all prepared and giving up on everything. I am looking forward to receipes that I can make that will entice me to eat better but regular standbys just made a different way. I'm always researching. So keeping busy with this site or others or just writing, journaling walking, reading and not dwelling has helped me and I'm sure a lot of others. Don't beat yourself up if you cave in and cry, it is a wrenching thing that we've clung to for many years and we can't do without it, but we can control it instead of it controlling us. Get your cry over and start over the next day with renewed faith, strength and resolve. Keep coming back here for support and just to relate. Good luck to all of us.

We all can do this! We will have some setbacks. Yesterday was my first pre-op day....it was rough. I'm just trying to look at the big picture. Even though' date=' I did feel sorry for myself, more than a few times yesterday. I do have a relationship with food. It doesn't help that we eat to survive. Not easy. I'm not going to let food rule my life, anymore. I'm ready for this Thursday, (my surgery day), the start of my 'New' self ; ) I'm so blessed to have found this application. You all have been wonderful![/quote']

I am also getting the surgery Thursday. Wish you the best

Oh Brittini hang in there. Sounds like you have had a rough day. I'm sorry. You are not alone. I asked my husband several times yesterday if I did the right thing or should I have it taken out. He reassured me that I did the right thing and it is just a rough patch. I cried a lot yesterday which made me hurt worse. Take your pain meds and see the doc tomorrow. But know that I am here for you emotionally because food is what we used to turn to when we bored' date=' tired, sick, happy, mad. You did the right thing. Remember in the long run you will be healthier and live longer and better. Hang in there band sister.

[/quote']

Thanks so much! I am trying to stay positive. I think once I'm able to get on regular food where I can have half of a meat and get my Protein in it will help. Right now I just don't know why I'm hurting like this and it sucks because I felt great. Thanks for your words of encouragement

Tomorrow is the day! Excited' date=' nervous, anxious and all that. Since I started this journey I have lost 30 lbs....it has done wonders to my overall health. Just hoping the band will help me keep the momentum going....I will keep everyone posted.[/quote']

Awesome! Sending well wishes your way!!!

I am also getting the surgery Thursday. Wish you the best

Thank You, angel414tc!!!! We are almost there ; ) We will be band buddies ; ) Sending well wishes your way, too!!!!

For the already banded.. How long did you have to wait before taking the steri strips off? My surgeon said 10 days but I've just taken four of them off because they were half off anyway! Its been nine days, and I left the one on the bigger incision where the band is because its still stuck down nicely. Plus I'm kinda grossed out to take it off because I can feel the lump underneath. Anyone else have a lump where the cut is? I'm assuming its normal because I remember having a lump after my c-section that disappeared as it healed.