Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

Hi' date=' I am new to this site as well. I have been reading daily, I have my final visit on the 22nd and get to meet with my surgeon and pick my date! Will be first or second week of August :-) hoping to stay with this group and learn more as I'm getting nervous![/quote']

The other Banders here will be here for you. The biggest thing is do not be in fear of anything. The surgery is a change of your life & for saving your life too. Each of you be blessed ! Do not WORRY!

Words of wisdom. Becareful sleeping with someone. My husband just threw his arm across abdomen on accident in his sleep. Oh ouch.

Hey the doctor visit went good. Sorry I'm just now seeing this post. He gave me permission to go to soft foods and next Wednesday he said I can start re-introducing foods...YAY!!!!! If you are having trouble with gas I had the same issue and gas-x either the kind that dissolves on your tongue or the kind you chew helps tremendously. Last Saturday my mom was going to Kroger at 1230 in the morning bc it was so bad I couldn't lay down. I chewed two pills up and I had immediate relief. As far as laying comfortable I bought this long body pillow that pregnant women normally use its just a straight one not the curl one like they use and it has helped too. I even took it to the hospital. Lay it against my stomach and my leg over it and I was comfy! It's been ten days since surgery and I feel great! I'm glad because I didn't wanna be hurting for long. And when I got sent home I'm allergic to Percocet so they gave a prescription for liquid lortab never had that before so it was a new one not the greatest taste but I got it down. How are you feeling now?

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm now 7 days post-op and feeling sooo much better too!

I had one of those body pillows when I was pregnant with my girls but threw it out when we moved house. But I looooved it when I was pregnant. I actually just used a normal pillow last night to support my belly and slept on my side. Yay!

You must be so excited to move to soft foods. I still have another week to go on liquids and only today I feel over drinking and not eating. I think because I woke up feeling better, I also had an appetite and have been tempted to make scrambled eggs! But I will follow doctors orders because the weight is coming off so I know it is working... 31 lb loss when I got on the scales this morning (including 4 weeks pre-op). How is your weight loss going?

Words of wisdom. Becareful sleeping with someone. My husband just threw his arm across abdomen on accident in his sleep. Oh ouch.

Oh oh!! I haven't had that happen yet but have found myself being super protective of my tummy like when I was pregnant!

How is everyone doing so far banded/preop diet?

Feeling sooo much better today! How are you?? :)

My band is going to be placed on Monday' date=' you are right, time is standing still!! I've been trying to keep myself busy, but I look up and it has been like 15 minutes, so annoying!! My husband us home on leave, so that has helped a little bit, but I feel like I'm waiting for Christmas morning.[/quote']

Omg! That is what is what it's like. Tomorrow is the day. It can't get here soon enough! Good luck tomorrow Deweydoer, see ya on the other side. :-)

Oh oh!! I haven't had that happen yet but have found myself being super protective of my tummy like when I was pregnant!

Yea that was pretty bad. I am not feeling as well this am as I did yesterday. I couldn't sleep as well after that either. Rough. I think I will sleep by myself til I am completely healed. Hopefully I will feel better as the day goes.

My band is going to be placed on Monday' date=' you are right, time is standing still!! I've been trying to keep myself busy, but I look up and it has been like 15 minutes, so annoying!! My husband us home on leave, so that has helped a little bit, but I feel like I'm waiting for Christmas morning.[/quote']

Good luck tomorrow!

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm now 7 days post-op and feeling sooo much better too!

I had one of those body pillows when I was pregnant with my girls but threw it out when we moved house. But I looooved it when I was pregnant. I actually just used a normal pillow last night to support my belly and slept on my side. Yay!

You must be so excited to move to soft foods. I still have another week to go on liquids and only today I feel over drinking and not eating. I think because I woke up feeling better' date=' I also had an appetite and have been tempted to make scrambled eggs! But I will follow doctors orders because the weight is coming off so I know it is working... 31 lb loss when I got on the scales this morning (including 4 weeks pre-op). How is your weight loss going?[/quote']

Congrats on the weight loss! How much have you lost since the band?

Oh no! Ouch! Thanks for the tip. My husband is notorious about flinging his arm in sleep. Please take it easy!

I think everyone had their last meal. I know before i even knew my surgery was scheduled I was trying to get in Mexican pizza chicken just whatever I like...I mean I may still be able to eat those things just I was told thin crust for pizza and just alot less.

Thank you Brittani87! I don't feel like the only one ; ) I'm going out later, to get my pre-op food. Can't wait until Thursday, my surgery day!

My day is fast approaching and I too feel somewhat apprehensive. Surgery date is Aug 19th and I'm on my two week liquid diet and that's been going better than I expected. I think it's because I'm not doing it for weight loss but a successful surgery outcome. I want everything to go as smooth as possible during my surgery and if going two weeks on liquids will help that I'm all for it. I'm new to this forum and blogging altogether so bare with me. I welcome any comments on how things will be for me the first couple of weeks after the procedure. So please give me any advice you can. Thanks much.

Jalgirl, it sounds like you have the right mindset! I only have a 3 day liquid pre-op diet. I start tomorrow. My surgery is August 15th. I can't give you much advice, however; I'm here for support! We can do this!

Jalgirl' date=' it sounds like you have the right mindset! I only have a 3 day liquid pre-op diet. I start tomorrow. My surgery is August 15th. I can't give you much advice, however; I'm here for support! We can do this![/quote']

Hi thought you sound great...attitude helps you go the distance. Iam on 4th day of preop. I usually have headaches all day long but on preop only a few. Means I have food allergies.

Today has been the first day I really felt like eating. I didn't! But my sensitive dh ate popcorn and candy right next to me. I was angry. My trigger foods he eats even though he said he would cut back.

But thats him not me. I'm in it for the long haul. Delicate question to anyone....alot of liquid bowels and lots of bathroom breaks? Well good luck on your reop and after..keeo coming back....and keep up the positive feedback. Donna

I am Aug 9th and getting excited!!

How are you doing post-op? Hope you are doing well!

Hi thought you sound great...attitude helps you go the distance. Iam on 4th day of preop. I usually have headaches all day long but on preop only a few. Means I have food allergies.

Today has been the first day I really felt like eating. I didn't! But my sensitive dh ate popcorn and candy right next to me. I was angry. My trigger foods he eats even though he said he would cut back.

But thats him not me. I'm in it for the long haul. Delicate question to anyone....alot of liquid bowels and lots of bathroom breaks? Well good luck on your reop and after..keeo coming back....and keep up the positive feedback. Donna

Thank You, Donna!!!

Did you try the Sea Salt? Someone mentioned that on an earlier post. I know, I will feel the same way, when my family will be snacking in front of me, (starting tomorrow)....We are all in this together. The next 3 days are going to be rough. But, I keep thinking, by this time next year, I will look & feel so much better. And, so will you!!!! Stay strong!!!