Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

Thank you so much for the post op information' date=' healthydnp!! I need all the advice, I can get. I'm getting a little scared. Monday, I start my pre-op. Sending good juju your way! Here is to a fast recovery for you!![/quote']

Thanks Jama. I will be sending good juju your way too. Remember nothing good comes easy. You can catch disease but you can't catch health. Here's to a healthier you!

I'm over feeling sore and gassy today! My incision sites are painless but my port site is really annoying me' date=' and every time I drink I get gas pains! I have to keep reminding myself to go slow. I'm getting frustrated at not being able to sleep comfortably and being limited physically. The housework is starting to pile up and I just want to do it!!

Are you struggling with being on only liquids or just the portion size? I am finding myself thinking oh it's lunchtime I need to eat when I'm not even hungry. I'm also finding myself wanting a sip of Water but not wanting to deal with the gas pains again. It's frustrating.[/quote']

Hey the doctor visit went good. Sorry I'm just now seeing this post. He gave me permission to go to soft foods and next Wednesday he said I can start re-introducing foods...YAY!!!!! If you are having trouble with gas I had the same issue and gas-x either the kind that dissolves on your tongue or the kind you chew helps tremendously. Last Saturday my mom was going to Kroger at 1230 in the morning bc it was so bad I couldn't lay down. I chewed two pills up and I had immediate relief. As far as laying comfortable I bought this long body pillow that pregnant women normally use its just a straight one not the curl one like they use and it has helped too. I even took it to the hospital. Lay it against my stomach and my leg over it and I was comfy! It's been ten days since surgery and I feel great! I'm glad because I didn't wanna be hurting for long. And when I got sent home I'm allergic to Percocet so they gave a prescription for liquid lortab never had that before so it was a new one not the greatest taste but I got it down. How are you feeling now?

Three more days til surgery for me! These last few days are moving at a snails pace. How is everyone doing that has been banded and how is everyone doing still on pre-op? Any words of advice from those of you that have recently been banded? I would love to hear how your experience has been so far.

My band is going to be placed on Monday, you are right, time is standing still!! I've been trying to keep myself busy, but I look up and it has been like 15 minutes, so annoying!! My husband us home on leave, so that has helped a little bit, but I feel like I'm waiting for Christmas morning.

I was August 6 also.. Everything is going well so far but am looking forward to the mushies stage.. I'm not a big fan of a liquid only diet

Hi all, I am on my 3rd day preop. I am finding I am getting less hungry as each day passes. I drink something about every 2 hours. broth, hotter the better, and I smell in the aroma first then drink, my Water I guzzle about 4 oz then take sips. I have flavored water which I drink every now and then. Tea I make fresh and have that as my staple. Now my shakes I was putting a 4oz cup (50c.) in my shake to give it volume along with ice. I have a Magic Bullet. But today found myself how the shake would taste without it so I don't add calories to diet. It was good. I try to take 30-45 min. to drink the shake. And the others about 30 minutes. I have found on this my third day I have found my headaches decreasing. I think I might quite a few food allergies which don't break me out in hives but give me headaches instead. So back on postop and eating am going to try things differently and try to eat things that give you allergies, try gluten free bakery items, lactose free milk, etc. I am researching it this two weeks so maybe I'll have it right when the time comes. BTW I have lost 8lbs in two days. I know it is all water loss but still I feel really good this morning. Slept well last night and find myself not looking forward to eating anything just my liquids. I never would have thought. All my worries for nothing. But again this is only my third day. I hope everyone else that has to go preop soon forgets the worries and tries different drinks to help them over the hump and keep themselves busy instead of dwelling on what they could be doing. This afternoon going to a movie. No popcorn. Just iced tea and shake on the drive there and broth when I get home. Good Luck to all. Donna

Hi all' date=' I am on my 3rd day preop. I am finding I am getting less hungry as each day passes. I drink something about every 2 hours. broth, hotter the better, and I smell in the aroma first then drink, my Water I guzzle about 4 oz then take sips. I have flavored water which I drink every now and then. Tea I make fresh and have that as my staple. Now my shakes I was putting a 4oz cup (50c.) in my shake to give it volume along with ice. I have a Magic Bullet. But today found myself how the shake would taste without it so I don't add calories to diet. It was good. I try to take 30-45 min. to drink the shake. And the others about 30 minutes. I have found on this my third day I have found my headaches decreasing. I think I might quite a few food allergies which don't break me out in hives but give me headaches instead. So back on postop and eating am going to try things differently and try to eat things that give you allergies, try gluten free bakery items, lactose free milk, etc. I am researching it this two weeks so maybe I'll have it right when the time comes. BTW I have lost 8lbs in two days. I know it is all Water loss but still I feel really good this morning. Slept well last night and find myself not looking forward to eating anything just my liquids. I never would have thought. All my worries for nothing. But again this is only my third day. I hope everyone else that has to go preop soon forgets the worries and tries different drinks to help them over the hump and keep themselves busy instead of dwelling on what they could be doing. This afternoon going to a movie. No popcorn. Just iced tea and shake on the drive there and broth when I get home. Good Luck to all. Donna[/quote']

Donna

Sounds like you are doing great. I was banded the 6th and I am trying to figure out when to eat and how much. I saw others schedule on here and I am thinking of trying that. I switched to plain tylenol today and will see how that goes. I need to get out today and get some fresh air. Have fun at the movies.

How is everyone doing so far banded/preop diet?

How is everyone doing so far banded/preop diet?

I start my pre-op diet on Monday. I told my family, tomorrow night, I will have my 'last supper'. I had a Subway sandwhich yesterday & thought, I will never eat a sandwich this big again. How are you doing? How are you feeling?

I start my pre-op diet on Monday. I told my family' date=' tomorrow night, I will have my 'last supper'. I had a Subway sandwhich yesterday & thought, I will never eat a sandwich this big again. How are you doing? How are you feeling?[/quote']

I am having less pain and feeling better each day. I remember my last meal was Mexican. It was great. Remember the sandwich won't be as big but neither will you!

My surgery is Aug 22, my pre op started on the 8th. I doe shakes and clear liquid. And 6oz Protein every three days.

I am having less pain and feeling better each day. I remember my last meal was Mexican. It was great. Remember the sandwich won't be as big but neither will you!

That is good news, you are in less pain & feeling better! Slowly but surely, to the new healthier you! Very exciting!! Wow, thank you (what a wonderful analogy). I love that! I will now remember that. I'm getting so close & I'm more ready than ever ; ) Thank You for your encouraging words!! Means a lot!

Mine is for august 16th

Mine is Aug 20

I think everyone had their last meal. I know before i even knew my surgery was scheduled I was trying to get in Mexican pizza chicken just whatever I like...I mean I may still be able to eat those things just I was told thin crust for pizza and just alot less.

My day is fast approaching and I too feel somewhat apprehensive. Surgery date is Aug 19th and I'm on my two week liquid diet and that's been going better than I expected. I think it's because I'm not doing it for weight loss but a successful surgery outcome. I want everything to go as smooth as possible during my surgery and if going two weeks on liquids will help that I'm all for it. I'm new to this forum and blogging altogether so bare with me. I welcome any comments on how things will be for me the first couple of weeks after the procedure. So please give me any advice you can. Thanks much.