Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After getting Lapband can any of you briefly describe what you eat in a day??

1 yr post op now. i eat lean Protein *chicken breast/96% lean beef, fruit, veggies, cheese*, aka good for me foods...i do not eat processed/boxed items...and i choose to not eat potato/rice/pasta.....just try to eat healthier stuff--alot out there to keep anyone happy/content...i control the quality and the band helps me control the quantity.

Three months post op and this is a typical daily menu for me:

When I wake up, I drink a glass of Water.

30 mns after that I have breakfast: either a small bowl of oatmeal, or a slice or two of dry cracker--like Melba toast--spread with a bit of butter and jam.

Mid-morning I drink my coffee and milk beverage (around 11 am).

lunch is always 50-100 grams of Protein, usually fish or chicken. I do not eat red meat since being banded, as I can't chew it enough to swallow it safely. With that I have a small salad usually endive with either some bits of avocado or some crumbled nuts mixed in.

I'll have a calcium-based snack in mid afternoon: a small (100 gr) plain yogurt, or a small bit of cheese.

dinner is the same as lunch, but with some cut up fruit (right now I'm doing watermelon or cantalope) instead of the salad. (No room for both in my little pouch.)

Here is the list of what I don't eat, by personal choice:

Pasta, any bread or breadlike item such as croissants or cake, rice, couscous (semolina), red meat, even hamburger, veal, pork

I sip on Water all day long. The hardest bandster rule for me is not drinking during a meal, because I'm really used to drinking when eating. (Plus I'm thirsty when I eat!)

I don't particularly use light or low-fat items, and I don't consume processed foods, Where I live it is very easy to live on whole, not genetically-modified foods so I'm lucky.

If there are any pre-ops reading this, don't let this scare you. I thought I'd really miss being able to eat "normal" (or huge) quantities of food, and that I'd feel really deprived having to follow my postop directives, but for me that is not at all the case. For that I am so grateful that I finally got the band, and stopped dieting the traditional way.

Five months post op.

When I am being good my typical meals are:

Breakfast: low fat Greek yogurt with one cup of blueberries mixed in.

Lunch: Cup of drained spinach, green or wax Beans. Protein is either fish fillets, chicken breasts or on occasion a lean hamburger patty.

Supper: same as lunch. Sometimes will have chilli made from ground turkey, etc.

late night snack is usually a sliced apple, pear or peach.

chewable Vitamins and Calcium supplements. Strive for 1000 calories, and 80 grams Protein.< /p>

Hi

I am 1 week post op, going onto my 2nd week liquid post op stage.

Typically in a day I will wake up and have some Water, my Vitamins that really tiny and easy to swallow.

Then at around 11am... I would have one or two small rusks (soft like crackers) that I chew until they are mushy in my mouth with light Philadelphia cheese or I might have a low fat yogurt instead (probably half). Also, sometimes for Breakfast I might have a few sips of a cup of tea and I am full. It really depends on how I feel.

For lunch, I will have a yogurt or a frozen yogurt or some thin Soup, it depends how hungry I feel and what I am in the mood for.

For dinner a thin Soup, and from the soup I can only probably eat 5/6 small spoon fulls, sometimes more...

Throughout the day I sip on Water and low fat fruit juices.

The first few weeks is recovery period and just learning to adapt to your band...

Well, I start my day with a couple of cups of coffee, and a Protein smoothie. After that I eat what ever I fixed for the family only less. I tend towards the non-processed complex carbs and protein.

I'm 4 months post op. I get up and run for approx. 30 min every morning around 7am but don't start to feel any hunger until around 11am or later. I'll usually have a 100-300 calorie high Protein lunch (sometimes just a Protein Bar or some lunch meat). I'll then have a 100-200 calorie snack around 5pm (usually chunk cheese). I then eat dinner with the wife around 11pm around 750 calories. I just have whatever I'm fixing her but I'll have larger portions of meat and vegetables and a smaller portion of whatever starch I prepared.

If I get hungry during the day a 0.25 oz. chunk of cheese or a teaspoon of Peanut Butter will satiate me for an hour or two.

I get hungry easier and it takes more for me to feel satiated the later in the day it gets but somedays I don't get hungry at all until 2 or 3pm.

We're all very different though and our eating changes as we lose weight. The more weight I lose the easier it gets to feel satiated.

I still suffer from clean plate syndrome though so I need to serve myself smaller portions so I can recognize I'm not hungry anymore.

Three months post op and this is a typical daily menu for me:

When I wake up' date=' I drink a glass of Water.

30 mns after that I have breakfast: either a small bowl of oatmeal, or a slice or two of dry cracker--like Melba toast--spread with a bit of butter and jam.

Mid-morning I drink my coffee and milk beverage (around 11 am).

lunch is always 50-100 grams of Protein, usually fish or chicken. I do not eat red meat since being banded, as I can't chew it enough to swallow it safely. With that I have a small salad usually endive with either some bits of avocado or some crumbled nuts mixed in.

I'll have a calcium-based snack in mid afternoon: a small (100 gr) plain yogurt, or a small bit of cheese.

dinner is the same as lunch, but with some cut up fruit (right now I'm doing watermelon or cantalope) instead of the salad. (No room for both in my little pouch.)

Here is the list of what I don't eat, by personal choice:

Pasta, any bread or breadlike item such as croissants or cake, rice, couscous (semolina), red meat, even hamburger, veal, pork

I sip on Water all day long. The hardest bandster rule for me is not drinking during a meal, because I'm really used to drinking when eating. (Plus I'm thirsty when I eat!)

I don't particularly use light or low-fat items, and I don't consume processed foods, Where I live it is very easy to live on whole, not genetically-modified foods so I'm lucky.

If there are any pre-ops reading this, don't let this scare you. I thought I'd really miss being able to eat "normal" (or huge) quantities of food, and that I'd feel really deprived having to follow my postop directives, but for me that is not at all the case. For that I am so grateful that I finally got the band, and stopped dieting the traditional way.[/quote']

That helps. I'm one week and really feeling like I won't feel normal not eating normal , especially on nights out. I hope I feel different soon

coffee. Breakfast yogurt or oatmeal

lunch turkey or ham with laughing cow cheese, or a salad.

dinner chili, chicken, or a good Protein Soup. I will eat potatoes and veg.

do not eat Pasta, bread or red meat. I also try to stay away from anything that has flour in it. ( will eat some hamburger meat in chili or a casserole that I make myself.)

snack I have special K chips, or laughing cow ice cream bar.

I also have a glass or wine now and then :)

hugs

Well I'm on the 2nd week of post-op almost 3rd, which is a full liquid diet, and I have no Fluid in my band yet. For Breakfast I have a cup of oatmeal or cream of wheat then for my snack I'll have my Protein shake, lunch maybe a half a cup of yogurt and a half a cup of sf pudding then my Protein Shake for snack, dinner some cream of something Soup about a cup, then my Protein Shake before bed. I forgot I have a Protein shake before breakfast. I have to fit in 4 Protein shakes to get in all my protein for the day. I'm up real early, so I can fit it all in.

~~~Stephanie

I am almost 4 months post op:

Breakfast: Usually greek yogurt or turkey bacon or sausage.

Lunch: I love wraps made with low carb tortillas, turkey pepperoni, ham, and cheese. Sometimes I eat tuna or chicken salad too.

Supper: Baked or grilled meat, I can pretty much any meat, but I stick to the leaner varieties. Veggies.

Snacks: String cheese, fruit, yogurt, sf Jello, sf popsicles.

I do eat potatoes occasionally. Pasta and rice rarely. On the days I eat these I make sure to have a really good workout to counteract the carbs. Hope this helps!

I wanted to ad:

When we eat out I will usually order an omelet. One omelet is good for two meals --so I usually take 1/2 of it home for supper.

Also, I drink a few quarts of diet ice tea each day to keep hydrated. Maybe one cup of hot coffee in the AM, with sugar and half and half. A few extra calories there, but I count them.

B: 2 poached eggs with 1/2 whole grain English muffin or 6 oz vanilla ff/sf Greek yogurt with 1/4 c Kashi

L: 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese, few raw baby carrots or tuna salad with 10 RF wheat thins or lean chicken made into chicken salad using Greek yogurt instead of mayo

S: 1 oz cheese with a few grapes

D: lean dense Protein, chicken thigh, beef, pork or fish, veggies and once in a while brown jasmine rice

128 oz Water per day

Usually a glass of wine before dinner.

Please keep this thread going. This is a great thread. I am 1.5 weeks post op.

Currently, for breakfast I have a little DanActive yogurt and I start to drink my Protein shake. It takes me a couple of hours to be able to finish my shake. Then maybe a half cup of Soup for lunch and the same for dinner. I sip on Lipton Diet Green Tea drinks almost all day and I mean sip. One 16.9 Oz bottle may take me 5 hours to drink.