Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9cc in my 11 cc realize band

I'm nine months post op and gained back to my day of surgery weight:-( So frustrated, had a breakdown and cried at my appt yesterday, as if I wasn't down on my self enough, the disappointment on the doctors face set me over the edge:-( against his better judgement he gave me another .5 cc fill putting me at 9 in my 11 cc band. I hope this is what I needed. I exercise, and probably make poor choices now and then but still feel like I should be seeing some results. So now starting over today! Logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and see where I'm at in 6 weeks when I go back to see the doc and nutritionist. Wish me luck, and strength, I'm gonna need it:-)

I think the visit with your nutritionist is essential? A good nutritionist/dietician can nail down your real caloric intake and make suggestions on how to make the food you prepare work for you and your band. Make sure the nut is familiar with bands?

In the meantime, try to stay away from slider foods? Find a way to track your calories every meal, every snack?

Luck and strength, my friend. You can do this!!! Tracking food is one of my downfalls too. I guestimate and am usually way below where I am really at. Starting over can be a really good thing...I'm glad you are taking advantage of this opportunity and not deciding to quit!

Good luck. You can do this!!!!

I'm nine months post op and gained back to my day of surgery weight:-( So frustrated' date=' had a breakdown and cried at my appt yesterday, as if I wasn't down on my self enough, the disappointment on the doctors face set me over the edge:-( against his better judgement he gave me another .5 cc fill putting me at 9 in my 11 cc band. I hope this is what I needed. I exercise, and probably make poor choices now and then but still feel like I should be seeing some results. So now starting over today! Logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and see where I'm at in 6 weeks when I go back to see the doc and nutritionist. Wish me luck, and strength, I'm gonna need it:-)[/quote']

My surgery was back in February and I lost 41 pounds. I did it on my own cause this band wasn't working how it should have been. I been filled 4 times and since last Thursday I am on 12 ccs and my band holds 14ccs. There was do many weeks I could not lose. I had to join weight watchers 2 1/2 weeks ago. I feel it was worth it cause the first wk I lost 1.2 pounds and second week lost 7.2 pounds. Before this band. .WW was the only thing that worked for me. I strongly suggest you find a meeting and join. It will keep you on track. Good luck!

Wow, I would have thought at 9CC you would surely be feeling restriction :(

So sorry to hear this. If it makes you feel any better, I read someone here didn't get restriction until 10CC. Most seem to hit it at about 6 to 7, but everyone is different. Not to mention, it seems very possible to me that a doctor could be mistaken about how many CCs he puts in. The device itself doesn't have a reading to tell them how many CCs are in the band, which seems like human error could be a real possibility.

I hope you continue to go for fills until you hit restriction (if you aren't there yet). Right now, it sounds like a regular diet to me. And we all know how well those work...

I have 9.5 cc in my band and I think I went over board with my last fill, I feel so much restriction, I'm constantly throwing up and sometimes I wake up at night choking, I've lost 6 pounds this week. I have to go have this last .5 cc removed, I just hope that's all he takes out.

I have an 11cc band. About 2 weeks ago I took my fill from a 9.25 to 10.80. I ended up having way too much restriction and went back the next day and took my fill to 10.50. I'm off liquids and I do feel restriction. I will get a cup of Soup and finish only half! When I was at 9.25 I could pretty much eat the entire cup with no problem. I guess this is what they call the "green zone". In the 2 weeks since the fill I have lost 9 lbs. I really at this stage have to chew,chew, chew and take my time. You will get there it just takes time. I was getting frustrated too but, now I'm super happy :)

~Linda

I had a fill yesterday and am 9cc too now. Dont feel much of anything although I may get full a little sooner so to speak??? hard to say yet...give me a week. I am 8 months out and this is taking forever to work for me and it is a HARD diet yet for me. Plugging away but so slow on the loss. I am only at about half the weight loss of what many others are who had surgery the same time but still a loss none the less-frustrating reading everyone else praise their band and how it is working for them?- YES!!! I was just so hoping it wouldnt take this long but she is confident that i will get there soon :) I mean I have to with 9 ccs already so will wait. I guess at this point it is what it is so will wait patiently. My dr said out of the 600+ patients she has at this point...only one other person has had to have over 11 cc to start feeling any restriction and that was at the 10 month mark so I guess I will be another one who she can use as a statistic it looks ...LOL. I am confident I will get there....a few months ago..i wasnt so sure but my frustration has been there and gone and cant dwell on it that I am a super slow loser. So it is not unheard of and you will hopefully get there soon too. Take care and best wishes

My surgery was back in February and I lost 41 pounds. I did it on my own cause this band wasn't working how it should have been. I been filled 4 times and since last Thursday I am on 12 ccs and my band holds 14ccs. There was do many weeks I could not lose. I had to join weight watchers 2 1/2 weeks ago. I feel it was worth it cause the first wk I lost 1.2 pounds and second week lost 7.2 pounds. Before this band. .WW was the only thing that worked for me. I strongly suggest you find a meeting and join. It will keep you on track. Good luck!

wow...you must get some big fills if you have only had 4 fills so far and that much in your band. Yay for you :)

I have a 14cc band and have a total of 10.3 cc as of today(5th fill). Am so much like you as far as restriction and being frustrated. I do feel some restriction but I had surgery in Jan 2013 and it's June with hardly any results. I am happy for those that are losing weight ,but also so jealous at the same time. At every fill I leave the dr. office thinking this is the one (green zone) then later realize, nope not this time~ it just turn into such a struggle and it seems like am constantly on a diet that's not working. So I say to you Congrats on getting back on board and staying focused. Hopefully it will work for us too... sooner than later!

I have a 14cc band and have a total of 10.3 cc as of today(5th fill). Am so much like you as far as restriction and being frustrated. I do feel some restriction but I had surgery in Jan 2013 and it's June with hardly any results. I am happy for those that are losing weight ' date='but also so jealous at the same time. At every fill I leave the dr. office thinking this is the one (green zone) then later realize, nope not this time~ it just turn into such a struggle and it seems like am constantly on a diet that's not working. So I say to you Congrats on getting back on board and staying focused. Hopefully it will work for us too... sooner than later![/quote']

I feel the same frustration! I had surgery late Feb, lost 20 pounds the first two weeks, and only 11 additional pounds since then. I have 7.6 ccs in my 11 cc band. After three fills, I still don't feel any restriction or any other sense of satiety. I could inhale a pizza! I don't, of course, but I could if I wanted to. :( every time I leave my fill appointment, I get excited and think, "Yay! Finally, this is the one!" Then, I get so disappointed when the scale never changes. I have been stuck on the same number for so long. :(

The good news is that I am at least maintaining, but I'm still so far from where I want to be. Making a goal to hit the gym harder this week!