Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

My highest was 212 I didn't look it because I am very athletic but I was big and everyone was used to me being a toothpick. I weighed 200 today and am hoping to be at least 150 by December if not more. I noticed a lot of the negative people are the ones that I bet would love to get it if their lives allowed it and had proper insurance. Yes I am a teacher I do 5th grade special education but in the summer I teach 4 th grade special Ed. It's only 8to 12 Monday through Thursday. The kids get half an hour for lunch and half an hour for Breakfast and half an hour outside and half an hour in computer lab therefore I have 2 hours of instruction. It's my only income in the summer so August looks like it may kill me and if some companies don't let me push due dates after August 15 looks like ill have to borrow some cash. I want to go back Tuesday but I also don't want to push it. A lot teachers in my school were huge I mean huge people and now they r skinny ladies wearing cute skirts and dresses... All had weight Loss surgery and look phenomenal. They all said they felt like they got their life back and got ten years back.

My students are already amazed that I have a freshman in college. They won't know what to think when I'm thinner and I have more sag than they do. Lol

My highest was 212 I didn't look it because I am very athletic but I was big and everyone was used to me being a toothpick. I weighed 200 today and am hoping to be at least 150 by December if not more. I noticed a lot of the negative people are the ones that I bet would love to get it if their lives allowed it and had proper insurance. Yes I am a teacher I do 5th grade special education but in the summer I teach 4 th grade special Ed. It's only 8to 12 Monday through Thursday. The kids get half an hour for lunch and half an hour for breakfast and half an hour outside and half an hour in computer lab therefore I have 2 hours of instruction. It's my only income in the summer so August looks like it may kill me and if some companies don't let me push due dates after August 15 looks like ill have to borrow some cash. I want to go back Tuesday but I also don't want to push it. A lot teachers in my school were huge I mean huge people and now they r skinny ladies wearing cute skirts and dresses... All had weight Loss surgery and look phenomenal. They all said they felt like they got their life back and got ten years back.

I found some cute Maxi skirts at family dollar!! Yes family dollar! I couldn't believe it, I was just in there looking for some junk to wear to surgery. I had one of the skirts on today. If have Instagram look me up Grayeclipse97. Took pics in the skirt.

Haha and ps just saw I took pictures of myself after surgery.... Talk about a Hott mess express...One of the pics u can see like

The pieces of lip falling off from being dry and chapped lol also my one eye is always squinted more in photos and i call it an elvis eye but these photos my left eye is like actually shut hahahahahahaha

Haha and ps just saw I took pictures of myself after surgery.... Talk about a Hott mess express...One of the pics u can see like

The pieces of lip falling off from being dry and chapped lol also my one eye is always squinted more in photos and i call it an elvis eye but these photos my left eye is like actually shut hahahahahahaha

Lol

yep - i bought a few tubs of the vanilla mix from unjury. I've been subbing 1-2 shakes in for a meal+snack for the last 5 days to try and get myself ready. i tried the chocolate splendor and didn't love it (thank goodness I just bought the sample pack) and last night a sample of the strawberry and chicken Soup arrived so i'll try those today/tomorrow. I didn't really try a bunch of brands - my nutritionist gave me an Unjury sample and it tasted fine so i just went with that. I have decided (at least with the vanilla) it's worth mixing it in skim milk vs just Water - and it really does help me stay feeling full for a few hours. i've also never been a lover of Breakfast (just one of my poor eating habits) and having a shake has helped a lot.

Good choice. I started on Unjury and only tried one other brand when I ran out of Unjury. The other brand was less expensive but it was higher in calories, and lower in Protein. The taste was not good. I'm sticking with Unjury, and yes, skim milk is much better than Water. Try the Splendor chocolate. Love it.

Got a call from the surgical scheduler this morning' date=' and my date is set for July 11th! I was hoping it might be sooner, but not surprised it worked out this way. Means I will be starting my liquid diet while I'm traveling for work - so that will be interesting. I'm also wrestling with not having our annual 4th of July BBQ at my house (which is in a prime location for watching fireworks) - maybe I'll just have ppl over for fireworks but avoid smelling burgers on the grill all day.

Anyone else have a July date set? Wanna support each other through the next weeks?[/quote']

Good for you! :)

Got in 88g of Protein today. 4 isopures and one unjury Protein scoop in skim milk.

Stomach continues to be swollen in lumpy ways. Maybe I will try the scale tomorrow. Don't wanna get discouraged with adema from surgery tho.

I have a follow up with my surgeon in about a week (10 days post surg). I think I am also supposed to make one with my PCP.

Started to feel hungry today. Looking fwd to puréed Soups and applesauce on thurs!

I had a thicker Soup today and I know other people that are just use a small strainer it takes any little lump out. I'm having a chilled pea and mint soup tomorrow and my friend also makes a melon soup that's melon juices chilled and clear.

How long does it take for your muscles to heal?

Enjoy your vacation! Jackie my post op instructiions said no swimming fir 2 weeks. Hows the baby food kbush?

Thanks!! Going to Hershey, PA...home of Hershey's chocolate....celebrating my brother's 50th, my niece's and my own daughter's 21st, and my birthday on this trip. No cake and ice cream this year!!

How long does it take for your muscles to heal?

Kbush they told me that these first 6 weeks are for healing but I hope it doesn't take that long to actually heal! Also how many calories are y'all taking in? I had 1000 calories today with Soups, broth, Jello, Popsicles, and juices. The things that had the most calories were the fruit juice and Gatorade so I probably won't have those after this week. It kinda worries me that I had 1000 calories just on liquids though! And I have gotten pretty hungry throughout the day.

Kbush they told me that these first 6 weeks are for healing but I hope it doesn't take that long to actually heal! Also how many calories are y'all taking in? I had 1000 calories today with soups' date=' broth, Jello, Popsicles, and juices. The things that had the most calories were the fruit juice and Gatorade so I probably won't have those after this week. It kinda worries me that I had 1000 calories just on liquids though! And I have gotten pretty hungry throughout the day.[/quote']

I'm getting 300-400 calories. I'm only eating 1/3 jar of baby food and few pop sickles. Baby food is DISGUSTING! I don't like pudding textures. Tomorrow I'm going o tart back on the Protein drinks and maybe some ensure for nutrition.

Kbush they told me that these first 6 weeks are for healing but I hope it doesn't take that long to actually heal! Also how many calories are y'all taking in? I had 1000 calories today with soups' date=' broth, Jello, Popsicles, and juices. The things that had the most calories were the fruit juice and Gatorade so I probably won't have those after this week. It kinda worries me that I had 1000 calories just on liquids though! And I have gotten pretty hungry throughout the day.[/quote']

Today I got up to 800. The Isopure has 190 cals in 8oz (w 15g protein) so those add up fast.

I think the most important thing for us to do now is follow whatever our docs told us and focus on healing. Try and hit your Protein goal, get in enough liquid to stay hydrated, and take in the type textures your tummy can handle while it heals.

I'm also getting hungry for the first time since surgery today.