Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

I honestly wasn't watchin calories I been having a few bites of sugar free Jello some sips of Soup and Water and I only had half of a Protein shake... Those are the worst getting down. Sounds like we r all getting our appetite back. My Bly growled today and had some hunger pains. I thought it was gas pains then realized my poor belly was demanding food. Had a few sips of strained and watered down Tomato Soup and a few sips of ice cold skim milk and I am satisfied and enjoyed a tasty treat!! Just took my pain med so ill prob be passed out soon. I'm sure ill be awake in 4 hours still not sleeping all the way through.. Are any if you able to? Again everyone that is going to work take it easy and enjoy your day, don't push yourself and kbush and Alaska have a great time on your trips. Kbush please be careful traveling And listen to your body. Have a fantastic time at Disney it truly is magical! Good night everyone sweet dreams skinny Minnie's!!

Does anyone else's gas pains feel weird???? My are a dull traveling feeling... If that makes sense..

Sometimes they are quick and sharp in the chest the lower adbomin ones are duller but just sit there. But they still hurt... sometimes the chest ones are so strong and sharp it takes me breath away especially when I first stand up from laying down. The chest gas seems to move more... At first the pain had me crunched and hunched over but now I try to stand straight and walk to break the lower gas off... Someone did say it killed to burp and fart... It hurts to burp for a half second and the relief you get afterwards are amazing. Do not hold any hiccup burp or fart in ... If ur scared if pain it literally isn't that bad and it's hd a second ... Let it lose! My belly is swollen due to gas and just being swollen from inside. Multiple people told me it takes about two weeks for it to be gas free and normal ... I'm also itchy I was told meds can do it but I just love itching my Bly and sides. I may be a freak but hey, I own it!

The gas x strips worked immediately for me I highly reccome nd them due to experience I was letting lose within ten minutes. The breath strips tasted good I got peppermint or spearmint ones.

I just tried a back massager on my back for gas pains and I got such a huge release of gas. I'm glad some of you have gotten out the house, I haven't got that far yet thanks to gas pains.

If anything I want to go back to the medical facility I stayed at overnight after surgery. I've only heard about them on those housewives shows. It was like a hotel but with private nurses and rooms. That was the best perk of using a Beverly Hills bariatric surgeon. Sad I didn't want to leave that place.

I'm still only drinking propel, apple juice and eating Jello. I'm scared to try yogurt cause on a normal day it makes me gassy.

How many days before any of you had a bowel movement??? I still haven't had one.

I just tried a back massager on my back for gas pains and I got such a huge release of gas. I'm glad some of you have gotten out the house' date=' I haven't got that far yet thanks to gas pains.

If anything I want to go back to the medical facility I stayed at overnight after surgery. I've only heard about them on those housewives shows. It was like a hotel but with private nurses and rooms. That was the best perk of using a Beverly Hills bariatric surgeon. Sad I didn't want to leave that place.

I'm still only drinking propel, apple juice and eating Jello. I'm scared to try yogurt cause on a normal day it makes me gassy.

How many days before any of you had a bowel movement??? I still haven't had one.[/quote']

I'm still on Clear liquids. My doc says stay on them a week. No BM yet either! liquids are Water, Gatorade, broth, Jello (made with half sugar free and half regular), and sugar free Popsicles. I walked about an hour total today. Heating pad helps shoulder area. I'm still on pain meds. I have a prescription for nausea - pills that dissolve on your tongue. Lets see what else...I'm down to 293 from 298 the day after surgery. I am going to let my doc know that I don't appreciate being rushed out of the hospital so fast!!! That seems like the norm from what people are saying but it's still not cool.

I follow up some time this week they will be calling. Just to take my bandage tape off. I walked the entire neighborhood but I'm a little sore. Tried to get the remaining gas out and I didn't burp or fart once! Also had to shower again cause its like the devils lair outside but the showers feel so nice. I am having a hard time having all the Protein they want. I am still having lots of Water hi ken broth Jello and Tomato Soup. Tomorrow I may get other Soups like Kathy suggested and run them through the strainer so they r smooth. I need some variety. I weighed myself this morning and again before my shower somehow I lost 5 pounds in an afternoon lol Water weight is insane. I am so excited to sleep in a bed today! I hope tomorrow infeel good. I have off tomorrow but not sure how I feel

About Tuesday yet ill decide tomorrow. I don't have clothes though that are teacher appropriate that I can wear a sports bra. My incisions are down lower and I can wear a bra. Come to

Think of it duhhhh if I can wear a sports bra I could wear a regular bra hahaha duh! Keep up the good work ladies. I reminded a friend I had this done we started a chat today and boy was she negative! She's like please don't get sick indont know anyone that it worked for blah blah blah. Hope everyone has a comfortable night and may we heal multiple levels tonight Nd I pray we all burp Nd fart a lot in our sleep!! Haha kbush have a wonderful morning and safe trip. Ill be praying for you. Also Aviva and Karen and anyone else going to work tomorrow I hope u have a nice relaxing morning with little to no pain. Enjoy everyone' date=' as we merge back into real life and start our transformations from ugly ducklings to beautiful swans![/quote']

Sprinkle, oh man stay away from "friends" that are negative. Jealous much... we will all be fine!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using LapBandTalk

I just tried a back massager on my back for gas pains and I got such a huge release of gas. I'm glad some of you have gotten out the house' date=' I haven't got that far yet thanks to gas pains.

How many days before any of you had a bowel movement??? I still haven't had one.[/quote']

I'm still waiting to poop but I was always irregular.

I'm getting 300-400 calories. I'm only eating 1/3 jar of baby food and few pop sickles. Baby food is DISGUSTING! I don't like pudding textures. Tomorrow I'm going o tart back on the Protein drinks and maybe some ensure for nutrition.

I puréed marinated chicken a weight watcher recipe it was like tuna fish consistency if ur on purées I recommended it I bought baby food fruit but still haven't touched it. But I'll get to it eventually after first fill I do liquids and purée again. I like the Isopure as well I found it cheapest at Vitamin shop and free shipping. Good luck ladies think how different we will look next summer

I haven't pooped with but we are eating Jello ladies.... Lol liquids I think can. Come out as liquids. I went to bed around 11 Nd woke up now.... I did get up at 5 but it was to use the bathroom and I fell asleep right after.. Hope today is going to be a good day..... My goal is to get the gas out and stretch. I might go to work tomorrow so I have to find clothes and a shirt that covers my bloated belly! I feel like it looks like there is a baby in there it's so large.

Good Morning July Banders.......

Thought I would give a cliff note version of my experience....

17 days ago I started my pre-op diet (1.5 weeks before surgery) and a week ago (Jul 8) I was banded. In that 17 days I am down 23 lbs!!! YAY

Surgery went great and went home the nexy day. Wed I was sore and pretty much sat in a recliner and walked around the house a bit. On Thur (3 days post op) I went grocery shopping and cooked dinner....did the same on Friday! Starting Sat I felt very normal with the exception of the tenderness and swelling. Still have the swelling.

Today is 1 week and I am back to work. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to do this. Today I also start on full liquids.

I have to say I am fortunate....no nausea, gagging and no problems getting my shakes and Water in.

Hoping all my friends on here have such a great experience. Happy Monday all.... Lisa

I am post 5 day and feeling pretty good. Stil get super tired quick and have swelling and little bit if gas pain but I was able to be up and move around. I found maxi skirts at family dollar and they sit right below my puffy belly. I am gonna wear it as a skirt ad I k ow some peoe pull them up high and wear a small cover up around their arms for a differ t look. Ill prob do both cause I'm gonna go back to work and all my other shirts will show my swollen huge belly. I haven't taken medicine since 5 am and proud of myself.... Hope kbush and everyone who went to work is doing well. I have a friend on her way going to make mint purée pea Soup. Ill let you know how it is and possibly share the recipe if its yummy. I'm sure u have to be a pea lover! Xoxo

Oh dear lord. I had my first BM today (5 days post op). I sooo regret not taking a stool softener from the jump. It was the most pain I've experienced yet as part of this. I will try to spare the worst parts but will say it took about 35 min and it was bloody. Everything was compacted it was like expelling dry, hard rocks.

I can't promise stool softeners will help because I didn't use them but I'm damn sure buying some today.

Aviva sorry about that pain! I had the exact opposite problem and that wasn't much fun either. Hope everything goes back to normal for us in the next week or so! I'm allowed solids on Wednesday, 1 weeks post op. when are y'all?

Aviva sorry about that pain! I had the exact opposite problem and that wasn't much fun either. Hope everything goes back to normal for us in the next week or so! I'm allowed solids on Wednesday' date=' 1 weeks post op. when are y'all?[/quote']

I'm not allowed solids for another cpl weeks. Full liquids until thurs, then a week of puréed food. Then 2 weeks of soft solids.