Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

Hi All! Just joined today. I am 4 weeks today from surgery and 2 weeks from yesterday from starting my pre-op diet. Any words of advice from those of you who have just recently went through the process? I am excited to make some connections with othets who are experiencing what I am.

Bring sexy back you will do great!! Don't be scared its the best choice to get your life back! Bring ear plus and Chapstick to hospital. Also make sure u have pain mess at home. My doctor gave me Tylenol with coding if I didn't have something at my house i would have been much worse...honestly some gas' date='pain and back pain from laying so much....not bad at all, and day 3 and later you actually feel like a human again. You're entire life is about to change and be excited about it, don't be scared at all you will be fabulous!

Ps girls come fine me in Post Op thread labeled July 2012 Band buddies....already met a new friend tiger![/quote']

Thanks Sprinkle! You were with Dr. Reilly here in Houston, right? I'm with Dr. Hollis (Reilly's senior surgeon - same group). They aren't making me stay overnight - I'm to be released that afternoon to come home. I went for my pre-op appt with Dr. Hollis (first time I ever met him) last Wednesday and while I was initially really worried about the facility (it was at the surgical center on South Main Street - in the Medical Center - the True Results seemed like a not very nice mill, but I really liked Dr. Hollis. I met with him afterwards alone and he seemed to really listen and answered my questions. Were you overnight in the hospital? Glad to hear that you feel almost normal again. I just keep thinking to myself to go through with it on Wednesday and that hopefully this weekend I will feel better and be excited about this new chapter! Keep up the great progress and thanks for sharing your journey.

Hi All! Just joined today. I am 4 weeks today from surgery and 2 weeks from yesterday from starting my pre-op diet. Any words of advice from those of you who have just recently went through the process? I am excited to make some connections with othets who are experiencing what I am.

Welcome! My first piece of advice is to start a pre pre op diet. It helped me a ton. I started reducing calories and making sure to hit my Protein goal daily and it made the transition to liquids a lot easier and also jump started my loss. I dropped 5lbs in the 3 weeks before my pre op diet, and then 12 on the pre op diet. I know some folks have a farewell food tour but it helped me feel more in control of my relationship to food to not go crazy and start the mindset switch I'm gonna need for the rest of my life. Good luck!

Banded july 11th!

Today I tried to get out the house and go to Target, it kinda wore me out a little. I admire those of you who are past the liquid phase. I was happy that I got to change from Clear Liquids to full liquids. I'm still going to stick with mostly clear, until I see my doc for my week 1 post op visit. But having some Sugar Free Chocolate pudding made my day!!!

Have a great nite everyone and keep up the good work :-)

Welcome! My first piece of advice is to start a pre pre op diet. It helped me a ton. I started reducing calories and making sure to hit my Protein goal daily and it made the transition to liquids a lot easier and also jump started my loss. I dropped 5lbs in the 3 weeks before my pre op diet' date=' and then 12 on the pre op diet. I know some folks have a farewell food tour but it helped me feel more in control of my relationship to food to not go crazy and start the mindset switch I'm gonna need for the rest of my life. Good luck![/quote']

Thanks aviva! I really appreciate the advice! I have already switched some to liquids, doing Protein Shakes at Breakfast, but had not thought if making sure about my total protein intake. I have been really working on my Water intake too. I am looking foward to making connections with others on this site! It is difficult to find people to talk with who have no idea what you are currently dealing with. So Thanks!

Thanks aviva! I really appreciate the advice! I have already switched some to liquids' date=' doing Protein Shakes at breakfast, but had not thought if making sure about my total Protein intake. I have been really working on my Water intake too. I am looking foward to making connections with others on this site! It is difficult to find people to talk with who have no idea what you are currently dealing with. So Thanks![/quote']

I find using myfitnesspal really helpful for tracking my intake. U can track water on there as well.

Oh no!!!!

I'm out of pain meds :-(

Can you ask your doc for more? I've also been using liquid ibuprofen from the drug store and it helps.

Ok so they called in refill for my pain meds, yay!

Today is day 5 post op and I feel blah. I had a bm but it seems like I wasn't enough I still feel bloated like.

I have a question for my July 11 bandsters.

In my diet instructions it doesn't say how often I should be eating during this 1 week phase. Mines just say constantly drink Water. I'm not really hungry much at all but I was just wondering about everyone else since doctors are so different.

Also are any of you eating yogurt? And go you think that healthy choice frozen Greek yogurt will be ok to eat?

Ok so they called in refill for my pain meds' date=' yay!

Today is day 5 post op and I feel blah. I had a bm but it seems like I wasn't enough I still feel bloated like.

I have a question for my July 11 bandsters.

In my diet instructions it doesn't say how often I should be eating during this 1 week phase. Mines just say constantly drink Water. I'm not really hungry much at all but I was just wondering about everyone else since doctors are so different.

Also are any of you eating yogurt? And go you think that healthy choice frozen Greek yogurt will be ok to eat?[/quote']

My week 1 is "full" liquids - Protein Shakes (not just clear liquids which it was for 1st day). I mix Isopure, Protein shakes, Jello, Popsicles, and broth. As of thurs I can move to the next phase and start mushy food for 1 week. Then it's two weeks of soft foods.

I am post 5 day and feeling pretty good. Stil get super tired quick and have swelling and little bit if gas pain but I was able to be up and move around. I found maxi skirts at family dollar and they sit right below my puffy belly. I am gonna wear it as a skirt ad I k ow some peoe pull them up high and wear a small cover up around their arms for a differ t look. Ill prob do both cause I'm gonna go back to work and all my other shirts will show my swollen huge belly. I haven't taken medicine since 5 am and proud of myself.... Hope kbush and everyone who went to work is doing well. I have a friend on her way going to make mint purée pea Soup. Ill let you know how it is and possibly share the recipe if its yummy. I'm sure u have to be a pea lover! Xoxo

Family dollar has cheap cute maxi skirts. I'm wearing 1 now!!!

Oh dear lord. I had my first BM today (5 days post op). I sooo regret not taking a stool softener from the jump. It was the most pain I've experienced yet as part of this. I will try to spare the worst parts but will say it took about 35 min and it was bloody. Everything was compacted it was like expelling dry' date=' hard rocks.

I can't promise stool softeners will help because I didn't use them but I'm damn sure buying some today.[/quote']

I'm still waiting... I will get stool softness today

Trying to catch up, I missed a lot! Lol. I had a looooot of posts to read. Y'all are providing support and doing so well. Proud to be a part of this group.

I've been under the radar because I was bridesmaid in a wedding on Saturday and believe it or not, am still recovering lol. I strained the muscles near my incisions, I was only 10 days post-op and didn't have any pain meds for the day so it was a suck it up (and in, might I add) kind of day. The dresses we wore we're gorgeous, but had bowing in the abdomen which pushed onto my port site (OUCH). So not only a rough day physically, I got to dinner and when I sat at the head table and realized I was the ONLY person in the room not eating anything, I almost cried. I held it together but it was a very emotional experience. I felt bitter, "entitled" to my meal, and excluded. But, thankfully the chef came out and asked what he could do. He brought me out a cup of French onion without the cheese or crouton. So sweet! I definitely recommend avoiding any and all major commitments like this if at all possible while recovering from surgery. Being professionally photographed, all of that pressure, etc was a lot. However, it truly was a gorgeous wedding and I'm so blessed they asked me to be a part of it.

Now, I walked too much on Monday. I walked our small(er) zoo and my port site has been yelling at me since. I'm so sore guys. The nurse at my surgeons office was very stern that 1. They don't refill pain meds and 2. NO ICE on my muscles near my incisions, only heat. Even though I could sworn the hospital told me different. I go back for my two week post op on Friday. Excited to find out when my first fill, when I can use my gym membership without feeling like I can't walk the next day, etc.

I'm enjoying this site as well as my fitness pal. If you'd like to add me on there, my email is westcomk@gmail.com and username is westcomk. How do I get a hold of the woman who started the Facebook group? I only use this app on my phone and it doesn't seem to be as friendly with clicking on usernames. Thanks!

Keep it all up guys. Remember, one day at a time. If you fall, get right back up. We are all human.

Hi girls I made a fresh thread under post op since we are banded!!! Yay!! It's July 2013 band buddies. Kbush I been waiting to hear from u how was your trip and how do you feel?