Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

Enjoy your vacation! Jackie my post op instructiions said no swimming fir 2 weeks. Hows the baby food kbush?

Baby food is NASTY!!!

So note to self, do not buy baby food and find sinew hung else to eat! Lol! Thanks for the heads up in that one!!!!

I bought the ninja chopper. I have a ninja blender at my apartment it's like a 150 dollar machine it's incredible. The ninja chopper I found at Walmart for 17 bucks and it chops and purées fruit Nd vegetables. I haven't used it but. Friend of mine had lap band in October and she used it. Two weeks after surgery she started to get hungry Nd cooking for her family. She started to cut chicken very small and broccoli and put it in chopper with chicken broth and she said it was delicious. She said T first it was weird having puréed chicken but she said it tasted the same and was delicious. I haven't had meet in about a week and wouldn't mind chicken lol I'm going to wait a few more days though before I switch to mushy foods. She also said instant box mashed potatoes were a lifesaver. She lost 70 lbs so far. I don't think I can eat baby food! Ill stick with sugar free apple sauce and mashed potatoes. Also before pre op I found these drinks called naked. It's all fruits and veggies blended Nd organic . It's yummy and fills u up. Also v8 I believe has a fruit smoothie that's good.

I made it upstairs to my parents bed!! It's way cooler up here with the central air and its so nice to be laying more flat on a soft bed. I have been on a chaise lounge which was arched like a hospital bed. It was kinda hard but it was low to the ground and close to bathroom and I was

Able to watch the large tv! Huge accomplishment today. Showered and in a comfy bed I'm walking tonight too on long beach island! Hoping Tuesday ill be ready for my 4 hour work day.

I've been in my own bed since being discharged on fri. It is kinda high which I find helps. I can get on:off the bed, couch, chairs, toilet by myself. Today is the first day I've felt hungry at all. My diet stipulates "full" liquids for 1 week. So far I've stayed on clears because they seemed more appealing o sip over long periods. I will try a shake tonight tho.

My incision soreness remains my top pain. Gas hasn't been too bad. I have ice packs on me most of the time. I'm planning to work a half day tomorrow afternoon (work from home office).

About to try a longer walk now... Wish me luck!

I'm super short so the high bed was a problem for me. I do t think I have incision pain mine is just internal soreness and gas. That's great though you are walking more. What do you do, it's great you can work from home

I'm super short so the high bed was a problem for me. I do t think I have incision pain mine is just internal soreness and gas. That's great though you are walking more. What do you do' date=' it's great you can work from home[/quote']

I work for a national non-profit focused on education as social justice. I often travel for work but have no trips planned in July.

Oh that sounds interesting! I'm a teacher so we both are aware of education and changes and such I bet! Well I'm glad u get to work from home. It will be good to get your head into something and distract you for a while.

How many oz of Water, Protein. Soup, etc are we to consume a day... I can't find my paper work I think sup to have 60 to 80 grams of

Protein a day. I been drinking and having soup I been going pee and am very hydrated and today I actually hungry but I don't want to eat too much. I know everyone is different but I would like to hear the ballpark so I know if I'm doing okay

I'm supposed to have 70+g Protein and at least 64oz liquid (protein shakes count). Those goals are true for recovery time as well as just for the foreseeable future.

I have to start getting my Protein in. I've been afraid to et and drink because I don't like puking and I don't want anything to get stuck. Do any of you have to follow up in a week or so?? I don't think I do. I don't see it in any of my paper work and if the doc told me after surgery I sure don't remember..

I have a follow up on Wednesday 1 week post op got staple removal.

I follow up some time this week they will be calling. Just to take my bandage tape off. I walked the entire neighborhood but I'm a little sore. Tried to get the remaining gas out and I didn't burp or fart once! Also had to shower again cause its like the devils lair outside but the showers feel so nice. I am having a hard time having all the Protein they want. I am still having lots of Water hi ken broth Jello and Tomato Soup. Tomorrow I may get other Soups like Kathy suggested and run them through the strainer so they r smooth. I need some variety. I weighed myself this morning and again before my shower somehow I lost 5 pounds in an afternoon lol water weight is insane. I am so excited to sleep in a bed today! I hope tomorrow infeel good. I have off tomorrow but not sure how I feel

About Tuesday yet ill decide tomorrow. I don't have clothes though that are teacher appropriate that I can wear a sports bra. My incisions are down lower and I can wear a bra. Come to

Think of it duhhhh if I can wear a sports bra I could wear a regular bra hahaha duh! Keep up the good work ladies. I reminded a friend I had this done we started a chat today and boy was she negative! She's like please don't get sick indont know anyone that it worked for blah blah blah. Hope everyone has a comfortable night and may we heal multiple levels tonight Nd I pray we all burp Nd fart a lot in our sleep!! Haha kbush have a wonderful morning and safe trip. Ill be praying for you. Also Aviva and Karen and anyone else going to work tomorrow I hope u have a nice relaxing morning with little to no pain. Enjoy everyone, as we merge back into real life and start our transformations from ugly ducklings to beautiful swans!

I follow up some time this week they will be calling. Just to take my bandage tape off. I walked the entire neighborhood but I'm a little sore. Tried to get the remaining gas out and I didn't burp or fart once! Also had to shower again cause its like the devils lair outside but the showers feel so nice. I am having a hard time having all the Protein they want. I am still having lots of Water hi ken broth Jello and Tomato Soup. Tomorrow I may get other Soups like Kathy suggested and run them through the strainer so they r smooth. I need some variety. I weighed myself this morning and again before my shower somehow I lost 5 pounds in an afternoon lol water weight is insane. I am so excited to sleep in a bed today! I hope tomorrow infeel good. I have off tomorrow but not sure how I feel

About Tuesday yet ill decide tomorrow. I don't have clothes though that are teacher appropriate that I can wear a sports bra. My incisions are down lower and I can wear a bra. Come to

Think of it duhhhh if I can wear a sports bra I could wear a regular bra hahaha duh! Keep up the good work ladies. I reminded a friend I had this done we started a chat today and boy was she negative! She's like please don't get sick indont know anyone that it worked for blah blah blah. Hope everyone has a comfortable night and may we heal multiple levels tonight Nd I pray we all burp Nd fart a lot in our sleep!! Haha kbush have a wonderful morning and safe trip. Ill be praying for you. Also Aviva and Karen and anyone else going to work tomorrow I hope u have a nice relaxing morning with little to no pain. Enjoy everyone' date=' as we merge back into real life and start our transformations from ugly ducklings to beautiful swans![/quote']

Sprinkle you are so thoughtful!!!!! farting is not my issue :) that's why I only to a few people at work. Some people just don't understand the everyday emotional pain of being overweight. I'm excited about our transformations! At my highest I was 250 :(, now I'm 225 or so! I look forward to seeing everyone's picture updates. We need to set a date to post pics of our transformations! I think that would be exciting. Sprinkle are you teaching summer school?

My highest was 212 I didn't look it because I am very athletic but I was big and everyone was used to me being a toothpick. I weighed 200 today and am hoping to be at least 150 by December if not more. I noticed a lot of the negative people are the ones that I bet would love to get it if their lives allowed it and had proper insurance. Yes I am a teacher I do 5th grade special education but in the summer I teach 4 th grade special Ed. It's only 8to 12 Monday through Thursday. The kids get half an hour for lunch and half an hour for Breakfast and half an hour outside and half an hour in computer lab therefore I have 2 hours of instruction. It's my only income in the summer so August looks like it may kill me and if some companies don't let me push due dates after August 15 looks like ill have to borrow some cash. I want to go back Tuesday but I also don't want to push it. A lot teachers in my school were huge I mean huge people and now they r skinny ladies wearing cute skirts and dresses... All had weight Loss surgery and look phenomenal. They all said they felt like they got their life back and got ten years back.