Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Hi all.

Today it was spa day at the foot of the mountain...and then had to run errands. You really need to combine trips living here as it is a good 20-25 minute drive just to the base at Banner Elk! Just about everything seems to be a bit less expensive here as compared with Florida. A nice surprise at the dry cleaners. Beautiful work, and less than $50 for 2 wool blankets, 2 blazers, several blouses and 4 scarves.

I've become comfortable with driving along the narrow roads and mountain switchbacks. You still need to keep your hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road, but I am able to take glances at the scenery as I drive up now. No more white knuckles for me.

Terri, great golf game! You are planning to visit with Diane in November? Is Concord Mills in the eastern part of NC? Still learning the local geography...

Dawn, I certainly hope that the potential forever home for Symba (sp) works out. What an angel you are to foster dogs... So good to read that Audrey did adjust to life at the campus. You have my sympathies for the packing and moving process! :)

Janet...oh I know what you mean about all of the incessant commercials for food. It caused me to stop watching TV while on my liquid diet phase. I no longer am bothered by them...but still, I can relate. Nice that you are in the green zone...very soon you will need to teach me how to maintain!

Dee, Diane, Michelle, only positive thoughts for you all!

Actually, I must be doing a fairly good job of maintaining my weight...the scale is still stuck. My restriction varies widely...I never know which band I will wake up to. The one which won't allow me to sip a Protein Shake, or the one who will allow me to eat anything I choose.

I am committed to continue my exercising 5-6 days a week...and have already purchased a couple of track suits with long sleeves and long pants in the interests to continue to walk the track after the weather turns cold.

Brent confirmed the dates of his visit with us in early October. Yay! He will be renovating his kitchen early next year, and is going to be taking our extra appliances back with him via trailer. It has created a space issue for us to have two of everything...clothes washer and dryer, microwave, stove and cooktop. We will be keeping the extra refrigerator here for additional storage.

Yes, Jack enjoys working around the house, especially with wood, wiring, and plumbing. He and Jay installed our previous kitchen as well...all except the stone countertops.

I got a message from MS Maui...aka Jackie?. She wanted to tell me to ignore NaNa. What a piece of work they both are...such interesting and angry people we can encounter around here...

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their hump day...

I love and appreciate each of you!

Evening all! Home early today! Today I wished so one happy Fourth of July ! OMG the people on the other end of the phone call thought I was losing it. I covered well and said well I was upset becauseI summer was do short so I was going to pretend to live July all over! Do you think I have too much on my mind?

Had a good day today , eating at least. I went back to Protein Shakes for Breakfast. 25 to 30 gms to start my day. Nice Halibut for lunch and plan chicken for dinner. No wine tonight, ;/( out until Friday.

Carole I am glad you are liking the mountains. The Biltmore at Christmas is beautiful in Asheville. The fall in the mountains is also beautiful.

Dawn it sounds like things are moving in the right direction, I know once you get moved your life will be smoother. I remember that empty nest feeling, it is hard that was the time in my life I picked up and moved to Kansas. Kids were all gone and I needed a change. Best move I ever made. BRB

BRB.... tonight or next July?

LMBO, good one.

PT went well today. Having a normal knee bend is 120 degrees and I am at 105, which they said most are at 80 degrees at this time.

2Wks post op today and 2 wks today for next knee, woohoo.

PT also taught me how to stretch out the sciatic, I swear its like a toothache.

Carole, I bet you are losing fat with your exercise, but gaining muscle, so thats why the scale isn't moving. Keep going and it will all work out.

It didn't take you long to take to mountian driving, wtg.

Terri, picked up my queen quilt today $198., batting included in that. A bit pricy, but I'm very happy how it turned out. Now to add the binding. Planning to sit in recliner sewing that after next surgery.

Dee, How exciting about CJ. I hope and pray it all works out.

Di, I totally agree with you, where did summer go?!

Are you still thinking about remodeling your home?

Please continue to take care of yourself. You have always been such great inspiration to me, since the beginning of my journey.

I hardly recognized your picture on FB, with you and your friends, wow.

Dawn, Hows thing's goin? Your statement about keeping my legs together is something Paula would have said. You two are so alike.

lol

Morning Ladies' date='

It is so good to hear from you all. I so wish there was something I could do to help with your problems Dee and Di, but alas, all I have to offer is a heart felt prayer. May God give you peace and strength to face your daily challenges.

Dawn, How you doin? Must say, I'm glad you do have your puppy's, so you are not totally alone. I would hate the thought of you coming home from work to a totally empty house.

I happen to catch a special news report about the thugs taking over the streets of Chicago, last night. Ppl staying off the streets and kids having guards walk them to school b/c gangs have taken over. How sad! I will be so happy when you move out, can't come soon enough. Start packing!!!

Carole, That kitchen sink is so beautiful. I have never seen anything like it. Better get that kitchen done before the leaves are in full bloom. If you are like me, you will be spending a lot of time outside, just enjoying the beauty of it all. I do hope both you and Terri will share pictures. I will trade one beautiful beach sunset picture for a glorious picture of a sea of magnificent color spend over the mountains. Even the thought of it thrills me. So jealous!

Minimi, I checked out your Essential Oils page. I have always been interested in it, but now with you being a distributor, will have to investigate more. What oil works on staying asleep longer?????

So when do you have to start studying for CPA exam? I will be so happy when all you have to do in life is enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Terri, I think I may have asked you this and sorry for possibly repeating myself, have you every made a One block wonder quilt? You use just one fabric. I got the how to book for my birthday and just dying to make one.

I have so many quilting projects sitting in my sewing room waiting for me. Yesterday was half tempted to put on embolism stockings a sit at my sewing machine, lol. The darn things are just too hot.

My next knee is scheduled for Sept.11. I do appreciate all the prayers, it worked great the first time.Hoping for a repeat performance. When standing, I put more weight on that leg and it reminds me, it is time. It will be nice to have two knee's that don't lock up while standing.

I did all the laundry yesterday, hubs in charge of carrying it in and out of laundry room. I did not use the cane once, but getting out of bed at 3am I was trying to figure out where I left it.lol

Thursday my Dr said " get off the walker as soon as you can and use a cane and then get off that as soon as you can", following Drs orders, thanks to all the prayers.

Batteries are about dead, better post before I lose all my ramblings.

Love you all!

[/quote']

Lavender on your pillow will help stay asleep. I also use the "past tense" roll on on the bottom of my feet and on my inner arms to keep me in a deep sleep. I sleep in the fetal position so I can smell the stuff in the night. It calms the senses. I also thought of you for the sciatica. Peppermint oil works wonders and its pretty inexpensive to use. Check out this pic

"I have just spent the last couple of months dealing with severe sciatica caused by my work, I drive city buses. I could not stand, sit or lie for any amount of time it was so bad. So thankful for the oils. Anyway what has really worked amazing for me was first getting muscles relaxed and then bringing down inflamation using Frankincense, lemongrass, majoram, deep blue and peppermint but then what finally killed the sciatica pain was pressing in on the pressure point where the pain starts and then following immediately with Peppermint and a hot wet towel to drive the oil in. "

I start studying for the exam on sept 3. Taking a week off!

I am enjoying not having the weekend deadline each week

Morning Ladies' date='

It is so good to hear from you all. I so wish there was something I could do to help with your problems Dee and Di, but alas, all I have to offer is a heart felt prayer. May God give you peace and strength to face your daily challenges.

Dawn, How you doin? Must say, I'm glad you do have your puppy's, so you are not totally alone. I would hate the thought of you coming home from work to a totally empty house.

I happen to catch a special news report about the thugs taking over the streets of Chicago, last night. Ppl staying off the streets and kids having guards walk them to school b/c gangs have taken over. How sad! I will be so happy when you move out, can't come soon enough. Start packing!!!

Carole, That kitchen sink is so beautiful. I have never seen anything like it. Better get that kitchen done before the leaves are in full bloom. If you are like me, you will be spending a lot of time outside, just enjoying the beauty of it all. I do hope both you and Terri will share pictures. I will trade one beautiful beach sunset picture for a glorious picture of a sea of magnificent color spend over the mountains. Even the thought of it thrills me. So jealous!

Minimi, I checked out your Essential Oils page. I have always been interested in it, but now with you being a distributor, will have to investigate more. What oil works on staying asleep longer?????

So when do you have to start studying for CPA exam? I will be so happy when all you have to do in life is enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Terri, I think I may have asked you this and sorry for possibly repeating myself, have you every made a One block wonder quilt? You use just one fabric. I got the how to book for my birthday and just dying to make one.

I have so many quilting projects sitting in my sewing room waiting for me. Yesterday was half tempted to put on embolism stockings a sit at my sewing machine, lol. The darn things are just too hot.

My next knee is scheduled for Sept.11. I do appreciate all the prayers, it worked great the first time.Hoping for a repeat performance. When standing, I put more weight on that leg and it reminds me, it is time. It will be nice to have two knee's that don't lock up while standing.

I did all the laundry yesterday, hubs in charge of carrying it in and out of laundry room. I did not use the cane once, but getting out of bed at 3am I was trying to figure out where I left it.lol

Thursday my Dr said " get off the walker as soon as you can and use a cane and then get off that as soon as you can", following Drs orders, thanks to all the prayers.

Batteries are about dead, better post before I lose all my ramblings.

Love you all!

[/quote']

Lavender on your pillow will help stay asleep. I also use the "past tense" roll on on the bottom of my feet and on my inner arms to keep me in a deep sleep. I sleep in the fetal position so I can smell the stuff in the night. It calms the senses. I also thought of you for the sciatica. Peppermint oil works wonders and its pretty inexpensive to use. Check out this pic

Janet... no one block wonder quilts with just one fabric. I would be interested to see yours when you do it!

Dawn... novels are OK... I like to read... and read... and read.... LOL!

Doreen... I always hated the start of a new school year and working out all the carpool stuff. I can be a stressful time.

Carole... I will look for a good page to photo... I am not that creative in scrapbooks!

Janet... lose the cane! So proud of your progress.

Michele... send me a link for essential oils... or Janet you can! I found a recipe for homemade body scrub I would like to try out!

Love you all! Played golf today and broke 100!

Http://mydoterra.com/micheleost

I am making my own dryer balls so I don't have to use softener any more...

post-221032-13813135376182_thumb.jpg

post-344125-1381314228671_thumb.jpg

Good Morning,

Inquiring minds want to know...Janet, why did you send out Ange's quilt? What did you have done to it?

The oils sound interesting...Janet, have you ever looked into reflexology? I never got much relief for Migraines, but it did help me with lower back pain.

As for sleep, I am one of the 4% of Americans who use sleeping pills. If I did not, I would stay up easily for 48 hours without sleep. My circadian rhythm was disrupted years ago. No sleeping pill = no sleep. I don't like taking it, but one needs their sleep.

Terri...the blue quilt you have posted on FB, what is the name of that pattern? It is exquisite...I'm starting to create motivation in my mind to look forward to getting involved with needlework again. Alas, until we have another DIL or grandchild, there is no one else to make a Christmas stocking for...

Michelle, best of luck in your preparation for your exam...I understand the pressures involved, but look to your past successes to predict future success.

Jack is installing the hardware on the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen today...I am going through my extra clothing in the wardrobe boxes today. There is so much now I can give away...no more size 14 for me!

I hope everyone had a great day...

Good Morning' date='

Inquiring minds want to know...Janet, why did you send out Ange's quilt? What did you have done to it?

The oils sound interesting...Janet, have you ever looked into reflexology? I never got much relief for Migraines, but it did help me with lower back pain.

As for sleep, I am one of the 4% of Americans who use sleeping pills. If I did not, I would stay up easily for 48 hours without sleep. My circadian rhythm was disrupted years ago. No sleeping pill = no sleep. I don't like taking it, but one needs their sleep.

Terri...the blue quilt you have posted on FB, what is the name of that pattern? It is exquisite...I'm starting to create motivation in my mind to look forward to getting involved with needlework again. Alas, until we have another DIL or grandchild, there is no one else to make a Christmas stocking for...

Michelle, best of luck in your preparation for your exam...I understand the pressures involved, but look to your past successes to predict future success.

Jack is installing the hardware on the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen today...I am going through my extra clothing in the wardrobe boxes today. There is so much now I can give away...no more size 14 for me!

[/quote']

Out of your big girl clothes! Hurray! I'm surprisingly not worried about the exams. I'll study the necessary amount to pass. But I'm not even gonna think about it yet! I've got another week off!

Just enjoying all the free time. I'm on day four of my 90 exercise challenge. So far so good.

How's everyone doing? What's the plans for the weekend?

Ryan has his first football game! I'm super excited! Go Big Firi!

Good Morning,

Being it was a queen size quilt, I didn't want to try and do the final quilting (stitching) design, way to big. I made the quilt and backing and just had someone with a huge long arm quilting machine do the actual quilting part. These quilting machines are set up on a 12' contraption, which cost a fortune and where do you put such a large piece of equipment.

I'll still do the quilting on smaller pieces, but queen is much to big for my comfort.

A lot of famous quilters, do not actually quilt their own work.

As far as sciatic today, when pt showed me how to stretch, I am doing so much better today. I am so pleased with my progress.

Hooray! !! Getting rid of 14's. So proud of your persistent work on moving down the size table. You sure have had your set backs, but continued to move in the right direction.

I'm just moving into the 14's, will have to buy new clothes.lol

Finally been threw ever size in my closet.

Out of your big girl clothes! Hurray! I'm surprisingly not worried about the exams. I'll study the necessary amount to pass. But I'm not even gonna think about it yet! I've got another week off!

Just enjoying all the free time. I'm on day four of my 90 exercise challenge. So far so good.

How's everyone doing? What's the plans for the weekend?

Ryan has his first football game! I'm super excited! Go Big Firi!

My daughter (bio, lol) was in the marching band and I so enjoyed the football games. When the game sucked, the band carried them. When the team did well, the band celebrated them. It was all good!

I can't wait to hear about your progress during your 90 day challenge. I always love your challenges!!!

You rock!