Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

So happy Dee has a new computer and is with us more, yay!!!!

I too am so proud of you signing up for a 5K and want you to keep us in the loop.

Carole, My ortho surgeon gave me Voltaren Gel for my sciatic and knee's but it never worked for me.

So happy you are feeling younger and happier being able to walk again. I remember after my accident, I too thought I would never be the same again. Every day is a blessing!

After my bedrest, heating pad, ice packs and tennis ball yesterday, I feel soooooo much better today. Didn't even use my cane all day. I was thinking about canceling my next surgery b/c of my sciatic, but now ready to go. Pre op tomorrow morning.

I wish I had tried the tennis ball much earlier.At least if it happens on my right side, after surgery, I will know what to do.

Dawn, Terri, Minimi and Di, Hope you all are doing well.

PS. I even sat at my sewing machine for about 1hr. woohoo!

Good Morning...

Off to a slow start again...but it is date night, and we have a long list of errands to run before meeting friends from Ft. Launderdale in Boone for dinner. I am still amazed by the number and variety of folks from different parts of Florida that I have not seen in years that we get to visit with here in NC...who knew?

Janet, so very good to read that something as simple as a tennis ball can bring relief to your pain! I am happy that you are moving forward with your second surgery. Soon all the worst parts of it will be over for you! I am sorry the Voltarin gel did not provide relief. I am still amazed at the results from Pennsaid. My knee is still a little swollen, but I use ice after exercising and the Pennsaid and I am able to walk and exercise without pain. I even got in 3 days of 1-1.5 hours of cardio this past week. I am both thankful and amazed!

Dee, how are the classes going? Have you taken any practice tests yet? I hope that you do some practice testing if they allow, as then when the real exam time comes you will be thoroughly prepared for success! BTW, love your new FB profile picture!

Terri, are you returning from the coast today? It has been warm here for this area and a friend from Winston-Salem has told me that they still have true summer there. We will definitely need to do some traveling around the state so we know it better!

Dawn, Diane, and Michelle...thinking of you all, and hope that all is well in your respective world's...

I hope all are enjoying a great TGIF...love and appreciate each of you!

Carole, returning from the coast on Monday... We try never to drive on weekends to avoid the crazy traffic. We are going to take the little boat out to topsail inlet for a picnic today. The weather is gorgeous here. Highs in the mid 80's.

Janet glad to here about the tennis ball helping. I used one for a while and it really helped me two... and you are back at the sewing machine! Hugs and prayers on line for next week. I have an appointment for a fill that day. I find I can eat way to much food, way too fast! Not a good plan leading into the holiday season.

Diane... Hope all is well with you! TGIF! Catch up with you when I can!

Dawn, Michele keep up the good work!

Doreen, definitely keep us posted on the 5K!

Love to all! Happy Weekend!

Hey ladies, Hope everyone has a great weekend. Anyone have anything interesting on their to do list?

Terri, your picnic sounds like a lot of fun.

I too think I need a little fill, but doing nothing until everything is behind me.

Carole, you know you are inspiring me to get up and move it.

Hope your date night turns out lovely. Nice to have friends to meet with. Still looking forward to meeting you again this fall.

Dee, How did cj's dr visit go? When is the 5k?

Cyber twins, whats your weekend look like?

Di, Hope you have a peaceful weekend.

I had my pre op this morning, felt really good and excited about moving forward. Hosp. talked me into a flu shot, within a couple hrs started a slight cough, throat getting sore and now a low grade freaking fever. I hope this is just a slight reaction to shot and not something that will hinder my surgery.

TTYL

Momma, it's you! ;)

Glad your pre-op went well and hope the reaction you had from the shot passes quickly. Glad you are doing well otherwise. :) I finally found the rocks I needed for the vinyl letters I had Paula do, so I am going to work on that project this weekend. I had the hardest time trying to find garden rocks that were 5-6" big. I went to an actual nursery yesterday and found them. Yay!

I have been pretty stressed lately and having Audrey in tears on the phone last night didn't help. I think she is stressing w/ school. For me, financially it is so stressful as it is costing every penny I have but is well worth it. I don't remind her of that as I don't want her stressing but it is weighing on me heavily. Once I get out to Omaha, it will help as I won't have a lot of the bills I have now (utilities, etc.). Also, I need to learn to accept that I made the decision she could go there and move on. "It is what it is". I have just never spent this kind of money before so it just sickens me. I've been going through my stuff little by little and Brad has already brought a couple van loads back with him. I can feel it getting closer. I am glad though that I have this "time" here while Audrey gets adjusted so I can feel good that she is "ok" before I am 7+ hours away.

As for my weekend, tonight my bff wants me to go watch a band with her. I have been in a bit of a funk lately, think being alone, my weight, $, Audrey, etc is putting me there. I really didn't want to go tonight but know I need to get out of the house and lighten up. I am sure it will be fun though and I will be glad I did. I had tickets for Great America too so I think she and I are going on Sunday. :) Hopefully, the crowds won't be so bad.

Michelle, that's really neat about your sons (and your daughter). I have heard that from others and it must be true w/ sons. :) My bff has 2 boys and I saw what you were talking about with the period of years where they have attitude and then "come back". Her oldest (now 20) had major attitude w/ her for that period of time, was mouthy, she even kicked him out at one point. He just flipped a switch about a year ago and is a whole different kid. He lives at home is respectful, got a tattoo on his arm about Moms and how important they are. I am just amazed how different he is. Her youngest, now 17, is coming back around too. I am close with my girls but they don't confide in me like her boys do even though I do feel they are close with me. :) It's awesome that your family is close like that. But they have an awesome mom! ;)

Terri, have a great picnic. That sounds like a lot of fun! I hope your fill gets you where you feel more comfortable again.

Carole, you continue to inspire me pushing forward with being active and not letting injuries stop you. Sorry, I did have your boys confused. I meant Seth but am glad to hear all of them are doing well (even if mom silently worries about them). :)

Dee, how was CJ's appt? Will you continue to try to feed him? How's school going for everyone? I hope Charlie continues to gain his strength. Great profile pic on FB!!!! You look amazing!

Di, I am thinking of you and hope you are well. Big hug!

Good Evening all...

We made the rounds in both Banner Elk and Boone this afternoon...and hit the grocery store before coming back up to the house. Tired...but it was great to see great people from high school!

Janet, I just cannot like your post...how are you feeling now? That is precisely why I have never had a flu shot, and likely will never have one. Please take good care of you!

We finally have some dates for being in Madeira Beach. We will be at Brent's November 6 & 7, and 12 & 13, then back there for November 19 through 25. I realize that is Thanksgiving week, so just let me know your availability. We will definitely be able to figure something out.

Feel better fast...in my prayers always...

Dawn, I hope you had a good evening out, and will have a good weekend. I'm sorry you are feeling a little down...don't forget you are still in the process of adjusting to your empty nest.

Terri, enjoy the rest of the weekend...you should have great weather. We had 0% chance of rain today...magnificent!

Michelle, games this weekend with your son? Good times for certain...

Dee, nice to see you more often...and I also hope you have a good weekend.

Diane, enjoy your weekend, and make time for you!

I had a different experience with raising our 3 sons...which I was totally unprepared to do. They are all relatively close to their parents as adults, but the high school, college, and professional school years were trying for us.

We made it a priority to never compare them, and they are each so much individuals it is difficult to believe they came from the same family of origin. They are close to each other too. But we ran into difficulties when they eclipsed their parents with their education achievements. I attribute most of that to the mentality they were taught in professional school. They tended to want us the parents to remember that we were speaking to the doctor. They were trained to not second guess themselves, and are decisive and perform well under pressure. We have since come to a better understanding that the parents still have more life experience, and that we are to be respected as their parents, even if we have to agree to disagree at times.

All I can say about parenting at this point is that it has been an amazing experience which I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to participate in...

Feel better Janet...good night all...

Great day at the beach again today. Picnic was great fun. The weather was perfect.

Dawn... what you are feeling is normal empty nest stuff... it will get better I promise.

Doreen... how was CJs doctor visit? I hope all is well! Still loving the new computer?

Janet... I hope your reaction to the flu shot is just that. I get one every year and have never had a bad experience... knocking on wood!

Michele... still on the 90 day challenge? How is it going for you? I hope it will help you lose all the weight you want. Rock on!

Carole I hope you are enjoying the glorious weather we are having. You should have a great fall!

Diane... don't be a stranger! We are missing you!

Love to all!

Went out last night and had a great time watching an 80s rock cover band. Reliving my youth again. I may have had a couple beverages too, which is all I can handle anymore so I got dancing and having fun! Today, working on work and stuff around the house. Got rid of the crap food in my house too and getting back to eating how I should and taking better care of ME. At first I dreaded just cooking for one but now finding it is helping me as I can make the foods I should eat in the quantities I should eat and not worrying about cooking for others. :)

Di, I have been reflecting on a post you once put on FB (I believe) about living in the moment and not always waiting for that special time or day to come but to live in the now. I find myself often thinking it's one day closer to me moving, or I only have 2 more years until Ericka graduates, 4 more years and they will both be done with college, etc. I think that hinders me from getting the most out of TODAY and appreciating what TODAY has to offer. So ladies, today is a special day and when tomorrow comes it will be too. :) Enjoy today as you are all amazing women I am blessed to know.

Thanks for the encouragement, Ladies. :) Muah!!!

Have a great weekend.

Good Afternoon All...

A morning of doing everything out of order...so...

Janet, I sincerely hope that you are feeling better today! And about the dates...I was confused about which week Thanksgiving fell in.

Thanksgiving Day this year falls on Seth's 33rd birthday, November 28. I should have known that...but anyway, the dates I mentioned before are still accurate, with the exception that we will be in Florida a week longer than we previously thought. Which is a good thing, because we will be caring for the grandsons so that Jay and Jodi can go on a cruise to Celebrate their 9th anniversary. I have no dates for this, and will let you know when I do!

DAWN, so happy to read your current insights into how we interpret the events and times of our lives. While we do plan for the future, we also will be emotionally healthier if we focus on the here and now. And channel your energy into those things and priorities which you can influence the outcome. The rest will have to be left to play out...life lessons I have also learned along the way.

Terri, yes, we are enjoying the glorious weather...while I feel blessed to have the opportunity to be here for the changing seasons, it is kind of sad that we did not make this move sooner...but life does get in the way of what we would like to do sometimes.

Dee, let us know how your training goes with the 5K...will you be jogging, walking, or a combination? Happy to read that CJ's appointment went well. Is the nurse drama of a few months ago resolved now? OK, interrogation is now over!

Diane and Michelle...have a good weekend...

So thankful to have you all as friends...:)

Feeling back to normal (kinda, whats normal?) Got all the laundry done, dish washer started and emptied (emptying right away very unusual) and almost have Maddy's "underwear" quilt done, just a little hand sewing.

I found being in my rolling sewing chair is great PT. I forget myself and use my left leg to move it around. It only hurts for a second.

Dawn, you are such a wise young lady, wish I could take credit for that. You never let anything keep you down for long. You do have a lot on your plate right now, empty nest, finances, upcoming move and mangled moles in your yard. Big cyber hugs my dear!!!

Carole, I have absolutely no plans for November, my days are my own, so any day you pick is doable. Can't wait.

Terri, glad the picnic was a success. Have a safe trip back home.

Mini, How'd this weeks game go? I bet you are getting a ripped bod with your 90 day challenge. We'll have to make you our poster child.

Dee, Dee, Dee, You sweet sweet lady! Thank you so much for your lovely card and plaque you sent. I will think of you every single day when I see it. God love you!

Di, Stop playing candy Crush and talk to us, lol. We miss you!

I'm very thankful to have you all in my life! Who has to wait until Thanksgiving to be thankful? I'm thankful for you all everyday.

Hello everyone! Sis, I know financially what you mean. Until your kids are in the same situation they will never understand. I'm paying $40 a visits for chiropractor care for tyler x 3 a week so he can get himself aligned. It helps his Tourette's.

I'm also paying $100 a mon for Ryan's braces. Plus my monthly pay to get my fills/Chk in. Then there is the rest of my sleep study I, paying on. Almost done. Almost $800 a month on medical right now...omg!

Ryan's game was today. Spent two hours volunteering making snow cones in the blazing hot only to have the game forfeited because the other team withdrew for a lack of players! Ugh!

90 day challenge is going good. Monday I have a dr appt. prolly only getting a 1/2 or 1/4 cc fill.

Hope everyone else doing great and enjoying their weekend!

Definite prayers for Di and family. Hope she is still going to her support meetings.

I just watched a show about Alzheimer's. A poor man's wife got it at 57yo (my age) and his arthritic mother and dementia father had to watch her during the day so he could work. So, so sad!

My prayers to all the families facing this cruel diesease.

Prayers for my dear cyber twins with their financial problems.

I remember so well the rough years, this too does usually get better.

I was just thinking how fortunate it is that we now have health insurance and I am able to have had my LB and Knee surgeries. Six years ago, it would not have been possible. Thank you Jesus!!!!