Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Hi, Ladies,

Sorry, it's been crazy busy. Tonight was a bit rough w/ Audrey. Her roommate went home for the weekend so this is the first time Audrey is alone. She was in tears earlier that she is trying to participate in all the Welcome Week activities and even trying to meet others but no one has talked to her. Her roommate has a lot of friends going there and has been including Audrey but it also makes Audrey feel like she has no friends. I was trying to reassure her it will get easier and she will have lots of friends, etc. I had already planned to go down there tomorrow w/ my dad, stepmom and Ericka for them to see her and her room, Ericka, etc. To which she reminded me and then she will be alone again. At 4, she has more welcome activities and Sunday her roommate comes back. It broke my heart but I knew I couldn't come "rescue" her either and she needed to work through this. Well, she was having trouble getting her laptop connected and started working on that again tonight and got it connected. So, I was happy that she stopped crying and occupied herself. :) This is probably the first night she has even slept on her own somewhere without me or someone she knows in the next room. So this is big for her. Keeping in mind, 2 years ago I had her in counseling as she couldn't even be in her bedroom without her sister there and be alone. This is a HUGE step for her.

On a happier note, Ericka had a great time on her trip. Terri, you may know all of this already but I guess there are 2 mountains you can climb up to see Machu Picchu. Ericka climbed Mount Machu Picchu. She said it was pretty intense as it was like 8,300 stairs to climb it. I am not sure I could do it as I am so scared of heights. She said the other mountain wasn't as high but the stairs were steeper. I am sure I could make myself do one of them if it came down to it as the views were amazing!!!! I will get some pictures and share them. She had such a great time as I am sure you will. She worked out a couple weeks before she went and thought that helped her lungs and she had to use her inhaler w/ the altitude.

Ericka goes back to school Sunday. Her old babysitter is letting me borrow her car so we can fit everything. :) Her dad's house is not too much out of the way on our way (he is 60 miles from me) so I told her we can stop there so she can see her brothers. :) They are so cute.

CMom, aw, the pics are adorable. I am so happy to hear her due date is right around the corner. How exciting!!! I am also so happy to hear how well you are doing!!!

Dee, how are the kids doing back to school? How is Charlie doing?

Carole, so excited about your house coming more and more together. What a relief it will be when you can be more settled in. I love the leaves you posted. Fall is such a beautiful time. I took Ericka to Olive Garden for dinner and they have a seasonal pumpkin pie cheesecake on the menu and it took me a back that it is that time of year.

Mini, I hope the studying is going well and you ace your tests!!! Miss hearing from you and hope you are doing well.

Di, I miss you my friend. I hope you are doing well and that you are getting settled. I also hope you are taking care of yourself. :)

Happy Saturday all! Quiet day at home today, laundry, groceries and scrap booking. I WILL FINISH the Disney Album today! Then I need a quilting break, so Janet I do understand your dilemma. I can walk a 5 K, but my knees not being bionic could never run it!

Dawn sounds like Ericka is had an awesome trip, and you are awesome to take her to see her dead beat Dad. Sounds like Audrey will have a lot of growing to do. Not surprised by the early histrionics, I think things will settle down for her once classes get started and she gets into a routine.

Carole, don't be surprised if this "early" fall is followed by an Indian Summer. I don't have the fall air feeling I usually get, so more hot days are a'coming. Your leaves made me want to make a leaf quilt though!

I have FB chatted with Diane, and things are still stressful for her, she is mostly on liquids with lots of PBing and some throw-ups. I try to touch base with her every day. It is tough for her whole family.

Doreen, how's the back to school bunch doing? Has Kaleb started cyber-school yet. I hope that works out for him. Nice having him around to keep you company during the day! I hope you will keep up your classes too... there is no time limit on getting your GED.

Michele I assume you are off finishing classes working and prepping for the CPA exam. Just know that our thoughts are with you during this time.

Pool party for back to school with the grands tomorrow. They don't start until Wednesday.

Carole you are not losing me... I just go back and forth between here and FB. The forum Newbies are getting me down these days.

Love you all!

Good Saturday Evening,

What a strange day we've had. Totally out of sync. The dogs got Jack up early, and then he fell back to sleep in one of the recliners. I did not wake up until 10 am, and I hate when that happens.

The air was cool and crisp, and not a cloud to be seen. So we decided to disregard the house, and go to a national park that the Blue Ridge Parkway runs through. Jack wanted to scout the lake for canoe launching.

I guess I have to say that I am now officially recovered from my accident and foot surgeries. We hiked around the lake, about 3 miles or so. Over very uneven surfaces, navigating our way around the mud pits, and through very rough areas of exposed tree roots. The only pain I felt was minimal in my right hip. I am ecstatic. I guess all of my reent exercising has helped. I am so thankful I was able to do this, and Jack did not believe I could go the distance. It's the small things which give me so much happiness!

Terri, yes, indeed a leaf quilt is in order! We are so excited to be able to be here for the entire Fall this year after wanting this for so many years!

Good to know that Diane is staying in touch with you. She needs the emotional support through all of the stress and changes she has on her plate right now.

Dawn, it was the right thing to do not to rescue Audrey. Remind her that the majority of the freshman class is in her identical position, away from home and not having many/any friends there. Encourage her to take the first steps to introduce herself...I know this adjustment is not easy, however she will benefit from learning how much she can accomplish on her own.

Janet, ! Hope you are feeling well, and that today was better than yesterday. It seems that part 2 of your surgery is timed well with the progress you have made to date, and you will be so much more mobile.

Diane, Dee, Michelle...I hope life is treating you well...stop by sometime!

Love and appreciation to you all...

Well I am trying to catch up with everyone.

Janet, I am so glad you did so well with surgery and are now home and on the mend, I can't believe in 3 weeks you are doing the other knee. You are looking amazing my friend. I hope you continue to have a speedy recover. How is the baby, I have been reading that the date is soon, October? That will be here before you know it and you will be GMa all over again. Babies always make things nice, keeps us young.

Mini, hope the studying is going well, I know you will do well on your exam. You are smart and so deserve this. Keep up the good work, I know working, losing weight, taking care of a family and trying to go to school is hard but it will be so worth it when it is all said and done, lot's of prayers and good cyber vibs coming your way tonight.

Dawn, I just threw the mums away today, can you believe they stayed good all this time. I kept them sitting in the living room on my grandmothers singer sewing machine and they made me smile every night. You amaze me, you have so much on your plate with work and family and still take the time to reach out to a friend. You will never know how very much it meant that day. I am glad Ericka is hope safe and had a wonderful summer, I know you missed her and are so glad to have her back home and safe. I hope Audrey has a good night tonight, living on your own is scary and a big step for her. It is so hard not to run and rescue our children. I will say add her to my prayers tonight. ;-). Hope your visit tomorrow goes well.

Carole, I love the pictures of the leaves but I am so not ready for fall or winter. I bought myself a few fall shirts and scarfs this week so maybe I wold get in the mood. I will need winter clothes this year, seems that should make me happy. I always loved to shop but lately shopping is so far from my thoughts. How is the remodel going and how is Jack? Have you heard from your son?

Dee, how do you do it? The kids, you work and help others, you help your husband. You are such an amazing person and such an inspiration to me, I look at all you do and never complain.

Terri, thanks for always checking on me. You always seem to be there when I need you the most, I think you have a six sense! lol You made realize today just how MIA I had been. It just seems like the days are flying by.

Well as Terri said above in her post I have been having some issues with eating. STRESS! I have had several really bad stuck episodes over the past week and have been doing a lot of Protein Shakes to supplement. Funny I got leaf lettuce stuck.... That is what started it all and than it was down hill. Yesterday and today have been better, I have eaten 2 meals but not nearly enough Protein, so I feel hungry, Had a snack of Peanut Butter earlier and it sit like a rock in my stomach and now I have a stomach ache.

So how is Mom? Confused, but pleasant, she only tells me she hates me or has a temper tantrum once or twice a week. I try to remain Stoic but it is hard some days and I just have to walk a way. I must admit, shamefully but two nights ago I just wanted to slap her. She pushes you buttons just like a small child. She has the mentality of a 4 or 5 year old. I am working on child proofing my house because at any time I have no idea what inappropriate thing she may do. She is very difficult to hold a conversation with. I tried taking her out to lunch today and that did not go well. She fell last night coming from day care, I helped ease her to the ground but ended up hurting my back. So as Terri said, it is stressful. I am taking it one day at a time and please know that even though I do not post daily, I do try very hard to read and stay in touch, I know I am absent but please know that I do support each of you in your life happenings and add you to my prayers at night when i read about your stress.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday, mine was good depict the set backs with mom. I have a much different outlook on life these days. I am taking each day as it comes. Some days are really good and some days are more challenging but one day it will all change and I will have new challenges to face.

Love, prayers and cyber hugs to you all.

So good to hear from you, Diane. I figured life was kicking your butt, but I also know you have a butt that won't be kept down.

Continued prayers for you my friend!

Carole, that is so awesome, walking the trails of the Blue Ridge, woohoo! It was a long time coming, but you did it. You are a great inspiration for me. To go through something so devastating and now marching the trails. You rock!!!

Dawn, My heart goes out to you. All we want to do in life is protect our children, but then comes the time when we have to let them get on with it, it hurts. Audrey is a beautiful girl and she will do wonderfully. Try not to worry...

Can't wait to see some of Erika's pictures.

Terri, hope the pool party goes well. We're still getting a lot of rain. How close do your grands live to you?

I am sitting here crying, can't stop really. I just finished my finals. I've passed all my classes and I am officially graduated!

Now I start studying for the CPA. I'm taking two weeks off though.

My new goal is to hit 100 lb lost by my bd on oct 28! (21lbs)

I start at the TRX classes Monday every day at 6 am. I also signed up for kickboxing classes through a groupon with a group of my girlfriends for the evenings. That is just 10 classes tho so nothing too bad.

I managed to get sick with a cold ( shocker) but I'm treating it with essential oils from doterra. Usually I use DayQuil and then end up with bronchitis. I haven't been sick in years tho so I thought I'd go at it differently. So far so good,

I'm gonna sleep now!

Night all!

I am sitting here crying, can't stop really. I just finished my finals. I've passed all my classes and I am officially graduated!

Now I start studying for the CPA. I'm taking two weeks off though.

My new goal is to hit 100 lb lost by my bd on oct 28! (21lbs)

I start at the TRX classes Monday every day at 6 am. I also signed up for kickboxing classes through a groupon with a group of my girlfriends for the evenings. That is just 10 classes tho so nothing too bad.

I managed to get sick with a cold ( shocker) but I'm treating it with essential oils from doterra. Usually I use DayQuil and then end up with bronchitis. I haven't been sick in years tho so I thought I'd go at it differently. So far so good,

I'm gonna sleep now!

Night all!

Congratulations! Some how I knew you would pass those classes.

I also know you will meet your goal, by your birthday. You always accomplish what you put your mind to.

So proud of you!!!!!!

Feel better soon, no bronchitis, thats an order.

Janet, grands live about 15 - 20 minutes away, not a bad trip at all.

That is wonderful! The girls are lucky to have grandma close by.

Are either one of them interested in grandma teaching them to sew?

Delaney will ask me to find quilting tutorials for her to watch, soon as its over (approx 10 min) , I hear " another one grandma".lol

Good Morning All,

I enjoyed reading the updates from everyone...

Michelle, Congratulations of the highest order to you for completing your degree! I understand how much a family, work, and grad school place on us, and I look back to that time in my life and question if I was insane or just driven for success. And the best is still yet to come...

Dawn, this will be another busy week for you...how are you feeling? Did your back ever calm down? I hope Audrey is doing better with her adjustment to life at school...remind her that this was her decision. She will be fine once she becomes immersed into school and sees how successful she can be! I also am looking forward to seeing some pictures from Ericka's trip. Memories for a lifetime!

Janet, thank you for the words of validation...we are a mutual admiration society, for you are inspiring to me! I am so blessed to know you and our entire group of strong and amazing women. Yes, it is a wonderful thing to be close to the family, and losing that is the only downside to this move. But, I know we are where we want to be, and there will always be tradeoffs in life. I have to say though, visiting and staying with Jay and Jodi was one of the best times we have had...so nice for the grandsons to just,come up to you and want to snuggle as they wound down at night before bed.

Diane, thank you for checking in...I knew your plate had to be overfilled. I wish you were feeling better, but as we all re aware, stress is a killer in many ways. I can relate to the difficulties of the role reversal you are involved with at this point. It is not wrong to acknowledge your feelings, and you are wise to take a minute at a time if necessary. I hope that your spirits will life with the changing of the seasons. Shopping for smaller sized warmer clothes should be a good pick me up! I hope you focus on some nice colors...:) I want to respect your boundaries, so I have not been in touch often, but remember I am only an email, text, or phone call away...

Terri, keeping busy is wonderful...I am jealous! I want to be engaged in all of what I want to do, instead of continuing to get settled. The light is still not shining at the end of this tunnel...though there is progress. That is what I have to settle on now...this time next year,will be a time to look back on with humor. It is so good to read that you are involved with your granddaughters. Family really does complete one's life...

Dee, how is the studying coming along? And how is the home schooling going? I hope Charlie is behaving himself with his diet...and he should also be getting some appropriate exercise in. When is the peak Fall up your way? A friend of mine in Philadelphia told me they have their peak season sometime in November. After so many years of feeling wilted in the heat and humidity of Florida, this is so refreshing.

Well, it is back to working on the kitchen...there are shelves to be lined. And perhaps I will regain access to the china cabinet so a few additional boxes can be unpacked. If not today, then during the week...

My band has been behaving, with the exception that I have had hunger come back with a vengeance (I believe because of the prednisone I was taking). Jack suggested that I go back to Asheville for a small fill, but then by dinner time yesterday it was difficult to drink Water. My band is too unpredictable to even think about a fill, so hunger will be my constant companion at least for now.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday...

Janet, I have made quilts with both grands. The younger one seems more interested in sewing though. We bought her a small machine a couple years ago. Time will tell! Back to my Disney scrapbook. I don't know why it is taking so much time! I am ready to quilt!

Happy Sunday Everyone,

Hub just took me grocery shopping. I finally broke down and road in a handicapped cart. Hub wanted to drop me at door, but I did refuse that.

This morning I vacuumed, scooped 2 litter boxes, cleaned up kitchen and ran dishwasher, iced my knee, showered, shopped, put groceries away and iced my knee again. I just layed down on the bed, more because with all the ice downs and blood thinning, I AM FREEZING!!!!

If I could get this sciatica under control, I'd be great.

Skinny Minimi, Hope you're feeling better today.

Terri, Hope the pool party going well.

Carole, So happy you and Jack are living your dreams.

The boxes will wait, do something fun.

Dee, Whats going on in your hectic world? Charlie behaving?

I just watched my hub have vanilla ice cream followed by Cheddar Sour Cream potato chips for lunch. Oh Lordy!!!!!

Dawn, How did Audrey do? Hoping your trip to see her went well.

Diane, please don't ever stay away b/c of not having good news to report. We are all here for you through the good, bad and ugly.

Like Carole said, we're all just a phone call, txt, email away, even if you just need a shoulder to cry on, we're here.