Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

5 miles today! Woohoo!

Union Station tomorrow!

Big hugs to you Diane. There's nothing I can say to make it better so I will just sit with you and hold your cyber hand.

Love and prayers to you Diane. Remember that you are doing this for your mother's safety. All will work out! I am thinking about you and remembering this time in my life. Life will go on! Keep your chin up.

Diane...huge cyber hugs to you...and I'll hold your other hand cyber like for support.

I have been down this road with Jack and his mom. Try to keep in mind that all you do is motivated by your love for your mom, and concerns for her safety and well being. There is no greater gift for you to give her...

What a long day...we are home, the surgery went well, and as per usual I am having to police Jack to restrict his activities. He was already on the step ladder to retrieve something off a top shelf in the kitchen.

We remembered this morning on the way to the hospital that it was 2 years ago today that I had my colon surgery.

Amazing changes for us as a couple in the past 2 years...

I hope all is well with you all. I'm too tired to think straight...sleep deprived, eating schedule off, tomorrow will be a better day.

Jack is one of the worst patients...and he has created "little monsters" with catering to the dogs. Sushi needs to be carried outside and,cannot navigate stairs. So the morning consists of giving Sushi her medications and discovering what food she wil eat. It changes from day to day.

Going to be a long day...

Dawn, I've lost track. What did your surgeon say about your reflux? Did you get a fill?

Typing invisibly...#%}# iPad...

Terri, I saw the heat index reported from DC yesterday at 110 degrees! I hope you were enjoying some air conditioning along with the sights.

Has anyone heard from Janet? I sent her a message...and heard nothing back.

Dee, what a beautiful picture of you on FB...you look wonderful! You can see how happy you are now. You so deserve it!

Diane, sending you positive thoughts and energy to cope with whatever comes your way.

Michelle. Hope you will have a relaxing weekend...enjoy!

hugs girls

Terri I am so excited to meet you now that its so close !!!! Diane Im so sorry you are having such a trying summer..God love you

Carole glad Jakes surgary went well..and I think all men are bad patiences...

.Janet...I hope your mom is doing better....and that your enjoying yourself some....I love Paulas paint job on their house....

Dawn and Michele...hope your doing good also.....I know summer time is a busy time for all of us..

Carole the pic on FB I think is of Debbie taken like 10 yrs ago...im not even sure who posted it..

Terri CJ will love to get a pic taken with you...I so cant wait for you to hear his giggles.....

Hello! Started my weekend off by going to first day practice for my youngest's football league. This is our first experience with any organized sport. Quite a full time job. We were there from 8:30-12-30. Got to watch him work out for 2 hours. It was pretty cool though.

I'm at 200.8lbs. Onederland is such a tease!!

Well, having to be primary caregiver to the pooches has it's dividends. Almost 11,897 steps today...

Silver lining to everything...

Good morning, Sunday the day of peace and rest. Well sorta, lol.

Trying to catch up with all you ladies!

Carole, hoping Jack is doing well and remember you can never spoil the four legged babies too much in my book. I love my babies and without them our lives would be so empty. Mine give me such comfort, especially when I am so frustrated with all the humans in my life.

Dawn, is the reflux better? I hope you are having a good weekend. When are you moving?

Mini, almost at onederland, that is awesome. I predict you will hit the magic number before the end of this month. I remember that day, I was so excited. Took a picture of my feet standing on the scale. Hope you have had a good weekend.

Teri you are out and about, soon to meet Dee. Hope the trip is great, it has been HOT! here in SC the past few days with nasty storms in the evening. We lost another big Pine and Hickory tree 2 nights ago, 70 mile winds and hail. Damn, thought I left Kansas.

Dee, you are having a great summer, I am so excited about you and Teri meeting, count the days. You are going to enjoy!

Where is Janet, is her mom OK? Carole have you heard from here? And did anyone every her from Cawanna? Hope all is OK.

Me, well, to say the least it has been a frustrating week. I had 400 dollars in my purse last week and someone helped themselves too it at work. Hope they needed it more than I did. It was mom's payment for day care. I hope they needed it for food or shelter because it sure has made my life hell this weekend.

Rented a climate controlled rental unit this weekend and we will start packing up mom's house this week. I decided not to move her furniture in but did use her bed spread and drapes and personal items in her room. She had a bad evening, finally realized she was not going home, so I was back to being the evil child.

I checked on Memory care last week and we are going to have to work on financing, 3500 is the cheapest. And yes that is a month. So she is stuck with me, I have applied for VA bend fits and if she qualifies, this will cover a third of benefits. So frustrated, if she would cooperate it would be OK. My family is in turmoil and everyone is trying but it is stress full to go to just the two of us to now 4 of us, with my son. Hope we survive, I have little patience and really need support from all around me. I am sometimes so overwhelmed, I feel robotic in my decisions and motions.

My brother is healing but still really worried about him. He isn't coping with things well, so I worry.

Well she is up, let's hope, nice June is there today and evil June has went away!

Cyber hugs and love to all you guys and praying for a great day!

Janet, miss you, hope you are ok!

Hi all.. I texted with Janet yesterday and she hope to be back with us soon. Her mother is doing better and Janet is finally home. Missing Ange so will likely visit her today. but otherwise good.

Carole... amazing with the steps! How's the knees and feet holding up?

Diane, my heart weeps for you and your family! Hugs and prayers and all of our support, always!

Hang in there. It is a tough road.

Dawn and Michelle, busy weekends! Good luck to the football player, and Dawn I love your pups! Why is the one so shy?

Janet, welcome home! We will be happy to have you among us again!

Doreen...three more days! I am excited!

Good Sunday Morniing all,

I was up at 6 am to ferry the dogs outside, including carrying Sushi outside and around to the side of the house where there fewer steps.mthen I went back to bed and slept another 2 hours. Between meals for them, fighting Sushi to get her meds in her, and trying to take care of Jack and me,,the steps added up. I am now up to walking a mile most days of the week, and another 30-40 minutes on the recumbent bike. That seems to be the limit for my right knee, which I ice down after every time exercising. It is painful and swollen. So far so good. I'm trying not to get too close to my scale these days, just trying to do the right things and stay active to the best of my abilities.

Diane, I hope you are also focused on the endpoint in all of the current turmoil in your life. It helps to sustain you. Perhaps Medicaid will be able to help with the costs involved to get your mother the level,of care she now needs. You know so much about how the system works,,if anyone can be successful it will be you!

Dee, I know you will enjoy your time with Terri. I hope your weather is cooler! Well,even if that was a picture of your sister on FB, you are sisters and twins. No wonder I had a difficult time telling the two of you apart!

Dawn, looks like youmenjoyedma good weekend! Please tell more about the dog event. What a cute picture of the dog looking at themselves in the mirror. Yes, inquiring minds want to know when moving day is...

Terri, thanks for the update on Janet. I hope her mother is better now. I was beginning to believe she had decided to abandon this thread, even with her role in creating it.

Yes Janet, you have definitely been missed. Looking forward to catching up with you when you are able.

Michelle, yes, sons in sports can easily become another full time job, at least until he is old enough to drive! These were the best years of our lives as parents. I hope you enjoy them also.

Just trying to keep up with the house today...and the dogs as well. I plan on getting back to the rec center this evening. Life is starting to have some predictable structure for me again. Finally...it is what I need to thrive. All good things in time!

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!