Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Carole, our countertops are granite, but look very similar to what you chose without the brown in it. We too wanted to being the outside in. I am sure you will love them. Best wishes for Jack's surgery.

Michelle, exercise is a great stress breaker... make the time... you will be glad you did!

Doreen, counting the days!

Janet, you have been MIA, hope all is well with you. At least post so we can see how great you are doing with the band!

Diane, many sad moments for you, but I wish you luck with the memory care unit! You whole family needs a breather, and you need a beach!

Dawn, keep up the good work on the exercise and let us know how your appointment goes today! I will be thinking about you!

Off to pack for the big road trip tomorrow! Can't wait!

TTYL

Michelle...Terri is correct. Exercise is one of the best ways to manage stress. You have an end point to all this, so pace yourself. Good luck, I hope you ace the rest of your classes.

Safe travels Terri...please give Dee a hug from me! And needless to say, we want a picture!

Dawn, how did your appointment go?

Janet...please let us know you are ok...

Dee, enjoy your visit with Terri...you will enjoy the time you share!

Diane, doesn't the state need to provide the gap funding for patients who need specific services? I will keep good thoughts for you...and your mom's doctor should know about additional resources to help provide the level of care that your mother needs.

A lazy afternoon...I have to get motivated to clear more floor space. The kitchen cabinets are arriving tomorrow, and the kitchen boxes will need to be moved to make room. I'm beginning to see a light shining at the end of the tunnel!

Icing my knee down last evening helped. I should be able to go back to the gym this evening.

Tah for now...:)

Hi, Ladies, so far news from my appt was good. I was less than impressed w/ the radiologist. He looked like he could be my grandchild. The tech didn't even know his name because he was a brand new dr. He didn't see anything alarming. I will follow up w/ my dr. tomorrow after he sees the images himself. I have a lot more faith in him. However, if there was something majorly wrong, I think the radiologist would have seen and that nasty barium was going down. :) The dr. felt if I didn't have a slip issue going on that my band may be too tight based on my symptoms.

I texted Janet and she said to tell everyone hi! She is with her mom and her mom is running a fever. She said she hopes to be home Thursday.

Love you all! Thanks for looking after me and checking on me.

Terri, thank you for the birthday card I got today. :)

Glad you attended your appointment, and that all seems well.

I know that now my band is still too tight, and there is no Fluid in it. I know that in my situation this is all related to stress and anxiety. Do think that this may be part of what is happening with you and your band now? It may be helpful to consider that area to try to learn how to relax yourself when under such stress with your move and empty nest.

Then, you can teach me! :)

My Migraine returned this afternoon...under control now. I think I waited too long to eat dinner...tomorrow is another day.

Thank you for your update on Janet...I"ll text her.

BTW...currently under the influence of opiates...

The previous post was intended for DAWN'S ATTENTION!

:)

Well you got mine! Dawn good to hear the barium went thru, but I don't blame you to check with your doc when he gets the results.

We all need to learn some group relaxation method we could use on here to zone out!

Carole... sorry about the Migraines, but you know that is likely stress and anxiety too.

Diane... Carole forgets you live in SC! Not a lot of support funds there I hazard to guess!

Doreen... 7 days and counting, and yes you will all get a photo. I want one with me and CJ!

Michelle hope things continue to improve. You will rock the rest of your courses, cause we are focused ladies!

Janet... if you check love to you and prayers for your Mom!

Leaving for DC tomorrow am. It is supposed to be HOT HOT HOT! Good thing the mall is air conditioned! I'll keep you posted!

OK feeling like an ASS. Dawn I missed your birthday, I am so sorry. I hope you had a good day, Did I miss it, or is it coming up.

You have to excuse me, most days I meet myself coming and going.

Janet, hope your mom is OK, my prayers for her and you. Here's a big cyber hug!

Terri, I hope you have a great trip, so excited about you and Dee getting to meet. Wow look how this is going, just makes me want to meet Nicole, Janet and Dawn that much more. Some day I know it will happen.

Mini, balancing school and work, I so remember those days and it sucks especially when the classes you have to take are so frustrating. When I was completing my Masters I thought I would drive myself crazy. I tried to take 3 classes one semester and damn near had myself a nervous break down and oh my poor family. Exercise is a great stress reliever. Hope your week is going well.

Carole, you will Ive marble it will look awesome in the house. We are getting to old to settle for what works and not get what we want. I say go for the gold in this house. What an opportunity to design your own kitchen.

Dee get ready you are going to meet an awesome lady. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Hope everyone has a great evening, not going to talk about myself, tired of hearing about it myself. Just know, I am really ok. I am finding out I am a very strong person, tired but strong. My band is being fickle and I threw up my lunch today because I ate too fast and had an important meeting with our COO to discuss and ROI on an employee project that I was given last September. I love writing business plans and love when things fall together. I stressed over the meeting but it went very well dispite all the family issues I have, so I guess I am doing a pretty good job of separting work and family. At least something going right for me.

Again, I know I don't have to say it but you guys rock and you are my rock. You are always here and always so willing to be supportive. Know I am always lerking in the shadows sometimes lately just quiet and listening.

Hugs to all and lots of love and prayers.

Terri...off to the hot concrete jungle...stay cool! What mall(s) will you be walking? I miss a real mall being close by, but I guess that's a great way to save money. Stay cool...

Diane, I'm not aware of the differences between NC and SC...But I know in Florida, if the family is unable to afford the level of care necessary, the patient is placed in a Medicaid status so that they can have an appropriate placement for the specialized care they require. For Jack's mom, her income almost covers the entire cost, however the state picks up the gap between her money and the cost of her care. We were making up the difference in cost for the first 18 months, but after the approval was given, we received a refund retro active from the date of her placement.

And, Yes, Diane, you are one very tough cookie, in a good way. I'm glad you can see that now.

Got to get busy in the kitchen...the few things in cabinets like some dishes and the pantry need to be emptied.

I hope all have a great day!

Pentagon City and Union Station.

Also... fyi, we have a Nordstroms in Durham!

Terri is Pentagon City the mall in VA that you can see the Washington Monument from? I remember being there years ago and observing the July 4th fireworks around the monument years ago.

They will have a Nordstrom's in both Tampa and Orlando...I'll be in town in time to go there during their big sale...I love the way they do their pre season sale in July.

Hi, Ladies,

Diane, no worries at all you are not an ASS! :D You are my dear friend and I am glad you remembered whether on time or a day late. ;-) I am amazed at all you are able to handle. :) That's awesome you are a rock star at work too.

Hi all!.

Carole, mom needs Memory care, for her Alzheimer's which is key to her deterioration in the disease process. Maybe I am looking for miracles or just trying to fight the inevitable but I want her to have every opportunity to do her best.

She broke my heart tonight, we went to the doctor today and I forced the physician to have that difficutl talk with her and explain whay she could not live by herself. It was so sad, she took it well but sad. She knew but has so much pride. I feel so bad for her and have know idea how she feels. My mom is a proud women, who raised 4 children pretty much by herself and they all turned out as productive adults, well educated and very prosperious. She speaks of her children with much pride, tonight she told me she had four kids(my oldest brother has been dead for 4 years and she wanted to talk to all of them. Well needless to say I lost it tonight and cried like a baby. I think the last two weeks have finally taken there toll on me.

Band is giving me issues, three stuck episodes this week and none of them have been pleasant. I really PB'd hard today at lunch finaly had a shake for lunch today.

Hope you are all doing well, love you guys.

Just logging in before heading to bed.... again, my thoughts and prayers for you Diane. This is such an unfortunate situation that just doesn't make sense. Big hug for you, my friend for peace and good days for you and your family.