Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Someone needs to quilt me a cry blankie for my tears! LOL

Ericka made it to and from the beach last weekend in Ecuador. I was a little nervous as her and some of her classmates rented a van and drove 4 hours to get to the beach. They made it safely back. Today, her and the group left for the jungle. They are going from 10,000 feet above sea level to 600 ft. below... I told her not to get bit by any monkeys. :)

Diane, I hope and pray your brother is continuing to improve and progress. I also hope you are able to return home soon.

Carole, I also hope you are feeling better soon. I am not sure if you struggle with Migraines normally. If so, have they ever had you keep a journal? My gram used to end up in the hospital w/ them and they were able to identify some of the triggers for her were nitrates, msd, and sulfates (I think it was in wine). Thanks for your support and encouragement even when you are not feeling well.

Michelle, I am glad your son is willing to try some alternative means. How is your hubby handling the news?

Janet, glad you liked the family photos... hee hee. I didn't post any of my dad, mom, or gram. Then I realized I didn't even get one of me w/ Audrey or Brad or any of Brad. Oops. I hope it's nothing serious with your mother.

Terri, thanks for your encouragement as well. :) It really does mean a lot to me.

Dee, I may need some tutoring from you so I can take my math placement tests for the last few classes I need. :) So proud of you!!

Though you are probably not all into country music (I love almost every genre of music)... but since C Mom shared her favorite song, I figured I would share mine. This mine and Brad's "song" but I think it applies to how I feel about you ladies as well in a friendship way. ;-)

~hugs~ Dawn....tears out of the blue over beautiful songs and inspiring singers...shows your beautiful heart...I love the song...and I agree its made for all of us....Janet the baby quikt is beautiful....looks sooo soft....I can almost smell a baby .....Michele...I don't know any one who has used acupuncture but it hs always made so much sence to me....please keep us posted to how it works..Carole..you sure have had your plate full with life struggles...im so sorry you have to deal with such bad head aches....Terri..how is your fit bit...do you wear every day...Diane...thinking of your family and you...........my schooling was fun today ..OMG did I just say math was fun ??? because numbers have always scared me....the teacher is fun and im so surprised im learning,,....

Must be something in the air Dawn.

I sat and cried for my mom today. Not that she has anything really serious, just that she has 5 children and she will have to spend her remaining years in a nursing home.

I was remembering all of us kids and mom taking us to the beach and playing outside with us. When I was sick, she would sleep on a hide a bed with me.

She also made decisions that led to her current situation. Like running away and joining the circus.ha

But to me, it is just sad.

I'm ok now.

I did notice the pictures that were missing.lol

Dee, You are much smarter than you know.

You have not raised so many kids by being stupid.

Just believe, GF!

happy day everyone....praying for prayer where they are needed.........Im back from my walk and trying to eat Breakfast but my band sure seems tight.......it hasn't been tight in so long....odd lil bugger

Good,Morning All...

Janet...so sorry for feeling sad about your mother...I understand how that can be difficult. Be at peace that you have been an attentive and loving daughter, so much more than so many others...

On a lighter note...your baby quilt is beyond beautiful. I find it difficult to believe that the pattern is "easy"... It looks quite difficult to me!

I hope you and family will find a solution to allow Maddy an opportunity to experience the beach.

Dee, you are going to ace the GED...sometimes the motivation we feel to be successful makes the difference. You certainly have the motivation now. And this will add to your beliefs about your own abilities to be successful!

Dawn, you have so much going on in your life now. It's not unusual to have these feelings. So many major life events and changes are coming, I hope you find a sense of peace in knowing you have done an exceptional job being a positive role model,with your daughters, and now it will be your time to design your future.

Diane, I hope you are home now...and that your brother's condition continues to improve. You and my our family are in my thoughts and prayers...

Terri,you have been uncharacteristically quiet...I hope all,is well. Does Dee live close to Amish country? I remember visiting that area years ago...it was beautiful. I know you will enjoy your visit...and like our meeting in Asheville, you will feel like long time friends even with meeting for the first time! Have a great trip!

Michelle...keep breathing deeply when the stress seems to be closing in around you. How is your son? I hope your weather remains moderate...and that you are on your glide path for reaching your goal weight.

I guess Nicole has moved on? I hope she is doing well regardless...

The Headache is still with me, though a very low grade one now. Dawn, I am on medication to help control Migraines. I thought I did not need it anymore, so my PCP allowed me to quit taking it. That was last year. After a month of 9 Migraines, I am now back on the medication. I don't usually get the Migraine with light and audio sensitivity and nausea like I have had this week, I usually have ocular migraines with visual disturbance and little to no pain. Almost as debilitating though, as it takes away my ability to see out of my right eye for usually 20-40 minutes. Not a good thing while driving.

I will be back in my office today with boxes of books. We still don't have the scanner/printer set up. The barrister bookcase is now reassembled, so a major step,closer to having my space back.

I hope to get back to the fitness center again today, As I have missed being there for the past 2 evenings. I really need to get my focus back to lose the rest of the weight I need to. I'm feeling very thankful,that at least for the present I will,be,able to keep my band. If I do need to have it removed in the future, I would at least prefer to be at my goal,weight.

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday...love you all!

Got all the blocks done for my baby quilt. Now all I have to do is sew them together.

Carole this pattern is called Disappearing 4 patch, really simplepost-340859-13813141999439_thumb.jpg

Janet, quilt looks very nice! I call using the seam ripper "un-sewing" LOL! Sorry about the early promotion. I understand you thoughts.

Carole I am hear every day, just don't write long notes like Dawn! (Joking Dawn!) I too believe that Nicole has moved on, I hope she does well.

Doreen I am so proud of you for getting your GED. We want a picture when the day comes!

Dawn, I am not surprised by your fluctuating emotions. It part of life for mothers as their children grow up and away! I am sure that the other girls would agree. Keep you focus, and PLEASE I am begging you, stop posting those amazing food pictures on Facebook! LOL

Michele, hope you son finds a treatment plan he can accept. He is of the age where he needs to be committed to it so you don't have to nag him about it.

Janet... you blocks are beautiful and very peaceful... quite a change from the quilt I just finished for our GodDaughter's father. II will try to post pictures later today.

Diane, hope you are doing OK and that your brother and Mom are being looked after to your satisfaction. Remember to eat my friend, don't drink all your calories in wine... though it is tempting I am sure!

Everyone have a great day! My weight is stuck at 181.... for the last two weeks. I prefer the 170's but can't seem to maintain there. Trying to get back to walking every day. The more I quilt, the less I walk... not good! Yesterday I did both. I am keeping under my calories, but eating too much fat according to MFP. One day at a time. I am not gaining which feels good!

Hello! Love the quilt. They are sick labors of love.

I hate Migraines. I've only had a few in my life but I'm down for the count when I do.

Tyler must has been trying to hide his tics really hard because now that it's out I the open he is all over the place. He's taking it really well.

I'm doing good. Yesterday I allowed myself a cheat day. So much chocolate was involved. Today I'm back on track. I only have 2lbs before I'm under 200 lbs. I'm trying not to stress about it but good grief!

Michelle, so glad you allowed yourself a day and are back on track. :) We are human after all.

Only 2 lbs???? Woo hoo!!! We're gonna party like it's 1999!!! How ex-CITING!!!

I was down to 204, but then, well.... it happened.... and I got up to 213. As of this a.m. I back to 206. I so badly want to get into "onderland" but I think I got too comfortable too that I was almost there and then fell off the wagon (but didn't break the wagon).... Well, this wagon is rolling again.... I have my appt. Tuesday w/ my surgeon.

I am glad things are out in the open with your son. Guessing he may be more at ease now too, not trying to hide it anymore.

I am outta here and heading home.