Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

~hugs~ girls...I have been soo busy here....im going to school every day 12 till 3:30 !!! but oh my goodnss its starting to make sence....don't look like Chinese to me any more....I went to see my nut yesterday im up 4 lbs...and she agrees I should get a SMALL fill .25 Im happy with that..and I am going to get loyal to my tracking all I eat again....~crys~ no more icecream or pretzles............Janet...hope your moms feeling better....I have to tell you CJ had a dr apt yesterday and his doctor really loved the lil bellie pads you made for CJ....he took it off and really looked it over....commenting on all the small detailed work that went into making it....so again thank you for that special gift you gave us...and yes I say yes...cuz like all moms...when our kids are made to feel special its a gift to us ~hugs~..................Terri im excited to have you meet all here too....and a lil heads up..i don't have time to clean out all my dust bunnies...or the top of my fridge...I know you wont mind...LOL.....a big hug to Dawn....your doing wonderful....we knew all this wasn't going to be easy right....Diane...prayers for your brothers cont improvement....and prayers Michelle for your son also.....as I have said 100 times....we are one strong bunch of ladies !!!!

Good Morning...

Today is starting off much better. I still have a mild headache' date=' but nothing close to last evening. Four hours of sleep and 4 doses of Fiorinal helped. It's been years since something like this...I must need to stay with my routine...,totally by the wayside yesterday.

Terri andmDee, so happy that they two of you're able to meet...like when Terri, Diane and I met, it was not like meeting strangers. We really already knew each other...good times. I hope you enjoy!

Dawn, you will do well, because you are motivated for success. Plus, you have many life changes which you are moving towards...and inherently people do not embrace change. Especially when others precipitate the change. Aka, your daughter's leaving home to attend school.

Diane, I hope you brother continues to improve...and that the crucial time passed uneventfully. I can only imagine how anxious you are to get home and resume your routines. Continuing prayers of healing to you and your family.

Michelle, totally normal for your son to be felling resistant to the the situation facing him and your family. He will come around...it may take years, in our case 24 years for me to be vindicated and forgiven for having Seth placed in a low intervention level of SLD classes. The military confirmed his disgraphia and ADHD diagnoses, which let me off the hook for forgiveness. For all of his school years Seth was angry with me for insisting he be evaluated for learning disabilities, and then when they were found to take the recommended interventions for his academic success. That was a difficult journey for years, but again his maturity helped. All good things in time!

Janet, thank you for your concern and inspiring words...I hope and pray that your mom is feeling better today, and that no surgery will be necessary. I thought Dawn's idea about renting a beach outfitted wheelchair was a great idea. Maddy would definitely the sand. I hope you all come up with a solution...

So, speaking of change, yesterday when we were in the "big city" of Asheville, we discovered that the TJMaxx store had a Home Goods there, something we had not seen since leaving Florida. We were able to get some of the necessary items for a king size bed, and Jack experienced a form of sticker shock. I will only sleep on cotton, and in king size, they are quite a bit more expensive than they were a few,years back, but at least we have the basic things we need. I will need another set of sheets and a quilt, but not just yet.

I also got a new phone yesterday, which I was not expecting to do until next month. I wanted to keep my same cell number I have had for years,,and had been told that I would only be allowed to,do this while in the same area code as the number. Not true, so I now have a new phone with better coverage areas off of the mountain. But, again, another learning curve for to navigate through. I don't do especially well with change...and here we go again.

Jack has an appointment with a surgeon here for his outpatient surgery this Friday, and on Monday we take our road trip to Charlotte with the kitchen designer to select the kitchen countertops. Trying to pace ourselves...

I hope every one will have a great day...today is a day of rest for me up until the Headache is gone. I really need to get focused on losing the last 25 pounds I need to. Difficult to do with a sore foot, but I am determined!

Bi pg hugs to each of you...

[/quote']

Wow! U are making me tired!! You sure do a lot... Sound like anyone else u know?....heehee

My son is receptive to alternative medication so we are going to see an acupuncturist and get some supplements/ Vitamins to help. Reflexology is supposed to be good too!

Well, today the Migraine came roaring back...I spent most of the afternoon in bed sleeping. If no improvement by tomorrow, it will be time to see the doctor for injections. I'm taking it easy, with minimum projects today, and hope that tomorrow will be migraine free. Too much needs to be done around here to be out of commission!

Michelle...very happy to read that you are looking into alternative treatment options. I have never heard of acupuncture being helpful for Tourette's, but there must be something to it if you were referred in that direction. Prayers to you and your family that your son will be treatment compliant...

Feel better soon Carole. Rest is allowed!

Carole, sorry to hear about the Migraines. Praying tomorrow will be a better day. Sending warm fuzzy thoughts your way.

Mini, Yes, Carole sounds just like you....

Hope acupuncture does the trick. I was considering acupuncture for the pain I was in months after my accident. I got a LB instead and whatever they did in surgery, fixed my neck and the rest is history.

Tell your son we are still waiting for a video concert. Does he take request?

Terri, please don't call me St.Janet. I understand the heart in how you said it, but I am far from a saint. I also believe what the bible says about getting your praise down here on earth, Its all you will get. I'm looking for more than that.lol

Thank you for your praise, but I'm just doing what I think is right.

Been using a seam ripper a lot today. Guess my heads not in the game. I hope you share a picture of your friends quilt.

Oh, about the beach wheel chair rental... The problem is Maddy can't sit up in one. She'd fall off the side. Her wheelchair at home has all kinds of molded cushioning to keep her sitting up right. Her new wheelchair is so much better than her last one.

Dee, I'm so proud of you. You are going to ace the GED!!!!!

I look at you as a Saint, but I know our beliefs are very similar and you want your praise on the other side too.lol

You will be blessed for all your work with the children and your church.

In my minds eye, I can already see your diploma.

Diane, Hope today was a good day for both you and your brother.

Did your other brother show up to help with mom?

Eat well and take good care of you.

Continued prayers.

Dawn, I hope your world has brightened some today.

I'm thrilled you have a Drs appt for your band. Can't remember when it is, but I hope its not on your birthday.

I wish I was there to Celebrate my c girls birthday. Just know, I will be there in spirit, singing HB at the top of my lungs. Its probably a good thing, it will be I spirit.

PS. sometimes I enjoy embarrassing my children.

Loved all the pictures you posted on FB. Its funny, but I felt like I knew who some of them were. Definitely knew your sis.

You're one day closer!

Hi Nicole!

Mom had an ultrasound of gallbladder and it is functioning. Now waiting (tmi) for a stool spec for possible colitis.

Got all the blocks done for my baby quilt. Now all I have to do is sew them together.

Carole this pattern is called Disappearing 4 patch, really simplepost-213702-13813135216558_thumb.jpg

post-340859-13813141999439_thumb.jpg

Thanks Janet. My appointment is Tuesday a.m. My dr. is only in on Tuesday mornings. Some of my coworkers and I get together for each of our birthdays. LOL, I told them we could go AFTER my appointment, so either Wed. or Thurs.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and believing in me. I have been far too emotional lately and I know it will pass. Jeez, I turned on America's Got Talent. I don't normally watch this and started crying w/ the first act I saw (a 14 year old girl, whose father died) and she wrote and sang a beautiful song. Di, it's also reassuring to know you were "stalled" for several months and still made it to your goal and are maintaining it. It makes me realize and believe I am not a failure and I can still do this. I do believe a fill is long overdue as well. I also had forgotten my medicine when I went out to Omaha this past weekend, so for 4 days I didn't have my blood pressure medicine and that threw me out of whack. I normally carry it in my purse too as backup but had forgotten to restock that. Normally, I could've gone to the pharmacy and gotten a small supply to tide me over, except that my prescription is a mail order one. On top of that, my dr. couldn't call one in as I just got a letter in the mail that my dr. retired so I don't have one right now... My BP isn't that high normally, but it makes a big diff when I don't take it as it has a Water pill in it and I put on 6 lbs of Water in those few days. Today is the first day I am feeling "unbloated". Oh great, I'm crying again with another amazing singer on this show... lol.