Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

went for a fill today-didn't get one

The MPF comment didn't offend me but more or less maybe you are unsure how to use it when cooking at home, when you go into add to your diary create a recipe and you can look up most ingredients and they automatically show pretty accurate measurements and nutrition facts based you what you are making.

RK,

I apologize - you are correct and I didn't read the post you commented on in the manner with which you received it. But I can clearly see that your interpretation is accurate and I can see how you were offended. I only read a person that was struggling and frustrated and didn't consider it from the side of a person using MFP as being called lazy etc... Again I was wrong and I apologize.

Thank you

Lee

Accepted. I am working hard at this life and I was offended that Elcee made that generalization. I have lots of banded friends on MFP and to call us lazy was unacceptable on a support site.

Donna your weight loss is nice and steady and you are doing fantastic. If you want to lose a little more maybe work out calories needed and used etc. I think MFP is an amazing tool as you can see a summary of all the nutrients consumed in a day. Have a play around with it and see if you can get to grips with it it really will be worth it. There is so much support and understanding on there too with friends you add along the way. I have never had any judgmental comments only encouragement.

I agree with Rikimom I cook 98% of the time so am far from lazy but still manage to log everything. Even recipes once you've put them in then they're there to use again and again and then you can divide very easily into portions. It can be time consuming but worth it.

Good luck with your journey and hope to see you as a friend on our lovely little MFP community xx

I completely disagree with that statement! I am NOT too lazy to cook and I don't eat out all of the time and I use MFP each and every day. What a completely ridiculous statement you just made here. Sounds to me like an excuse to not log your food...

Maybe you might be "too lazy" to bother weighing and measuring ingredients so you have accurate calorie counts on recipes.

FITNESS PAL IS AMAZING! If you use the photo option you can scan the item and choose what serving size you ate. If you're off 5-10 calories big whoop better than being completely in the dark!

My Fitness Pal works wonders for me on tracking :)

Congrats on the 2/4 lost! Celebrate!!

What is mfp

What is mfp

My fitness pal. It's a app for your phone. Calorie tracker

I completely disagree with that statement! I am NOT too lazy to cook and I don't eat out all of the time and I use MFP each and every day. What a completely ridiculous statement you just made here. Sounds to me like an excuse to not log your food...

Maybe you might be "too lazy" to bother weighing and measuring ingredients so you have accurate calorie counts on recipes.

Oh please be nice. I was only saying that it is way too difficult for me to figure out how to measure food or weigh it as I do not have a scales (I want a really good one and don't have the money right now to buy one) so I find that MFP is really difficult for me, maybe I just don't know how to do the program. IDK, maybe I need lessons. lol.

I went in today to see my dr for a regular monthly visit' date=' I'm 10 1/2 mos post op and was expecting a fill but he decided not to do one. He thought since I'm staying satisfied for 4 to 4.5 hrs between meals and an occasional snack of yogurt or low fat string cheese, he thought I was good to go. Although my weight loss has been slow, it's been steady, 2-4 lbs a month. Just now have been able to introduce walking into my journey in the last couple of weeks so hopefully I will see a difference in toning. I totally forgot to mention hair loss to him, sheesh. My hair is thinning, I take Biotin but the last 3 weeks I've noticed it really is thinning out. Had blood work done by my PCP this week and all was normal except Vit D, he increased that. I'm wondering if I'm not getting enough Protein. I'm not good at tracking, especially if I cook or make something homemade I'm totally lost on MFP. Now eating out like Wendy's chili (small) or Chick-fil-A grilled nuggets I can pull nutrition facts off internet. Tues I got stuck really bad on a DEVIL food choice, don't judge, i was craving a burger, so I got a Wendy's Jr cheeseburger and brought it home, well, like an idiot took too big of a bite and got stuck BIG time and ended up puking my stomach up it felt like, needless to say I don't want another burger for a long time. Surgeon today said to me and laughed "bet you don't want a burger anytime soon do ya" lol, and I replied NOPE! He seems to think I'm really close to being in the green zone or maybe in it, hope so. If I can increase my activity and exercise I'm praying I will see more weight come off than 2 to 4 lbs a month.[/quote']

I only lose a small amount each month but it is a loss. Many moons ago my cousin had by pass before they knew things about Protein. She went bald. So now they know you need it. I have 2 scoops of protein in my shake every morning. With milk I get in around 56 g of the protein. Maybe try doing something like that to help your intake. Good luck.

thank you everyone for the encouragement and kind words, wow, I am about to cry at all the positive statements to me about my loss. Yes CG I just need to believe in myself, as you know my ex really beat me down and I just need to crawl back up again and believe. I'm bummed it is supposed to rain all weekend here in Western Ky and I can't get out and walk outside but I plan on going to the mall and walk as I do not belong to a gym yet. As far as the MFP goes, I just simply do not and cannot understand how to use the darn program as far as creating a recipe etc., sorry to be so stupid about it. Heck I can't even figure out how to accept friends on it, duh. I'm a lost cause on it I guess. I do however count calories, fat grams and carbs the old fashion way, paper! Bahahaha. Can someone travel to Nashville airport and I will pk them up and come here and show me how to use MFP, teehee. Plus then we could go shopping in Nashville too. woohoo. Thanks again for all your input. Much appreciated.

Donna

I agree. I rarely eat out and I log my food on mfp. If u cook at home how hard is it to scan each item or look up veggies? I like it because I know what I'm putting into my body. Some things have more calories than you think so I log it to be sure.

thank you everyone for the encouragement and kind words' date=' wow, I am about to cry at all the positive statements to me about my loss. Yes CG I just need to believe in myself, as you know my ex really beat me down and I just need to crawl back up again and believe. I'm bummed it is supposed to rain all weekend here in Western Ky and I can't get out and walk outside but I plan on going to the mall and walk as I do not belong to a gym yet. As far as the MFP goes, I just simply do not and cannot understand how to use the darn program as far as creating a recipe etc., sorry to be so stupid about it. Heck I can't even figure out how to accept friends on it, duh. I'm a lost cause on it I guess. I do however count calories, fat grams and carbs the old fashion way, paper! Bahahaha. Can someone travel to Nashville airport and I will pk them up and come here and show me how to use MFP, teehee. Plus then we could go shopping in Nashville too. woohoo. Thanks again for all your input. Much appreciated.

Donna[/quote']

I'd be on the first plane over from good old blighty if I could lol. Keep up the good work. Xxx

Donna

Hope this helps. MFP is slightly different when viewed on computer or as a phone app. recipes are easily entered when using a computer not the phone. But if you have a newer phone you can use it to scan barcodes. Also you don't need a high dollar scale. I spent less than $30 on a digital one that has ounces and grams. A lot of measuring is done with measuring cups. And not every meal is a recipe; its just items eaten together. And there's a LOT of food items already there so sometimes I just use info that someone else has entered. And don't worry about adding friends at the beginning. Do it for you. I have logged in every single day and logged all my food since the being. In fact MFP just noted I had logged in for 135 consecutive days. It is now an automatic thing that I do. I would be happy to answer questions if you PM me.

Good luck!

I'd be on the first plane over from good old blighty if I could lol. Keep up the good work. Xxx

I know you would chickie! lol. Or I'd be on the first plane over there, I need a vacation. Thanks.