Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

went for a fill today-didn't get one

I went in today to see my dr for a regular monthly visit, I'm 10 1/2 mos post op and was expecting a fill but he decided not to do one. He thought since I'm staying satisfied for 4 to 4.5 hrs between meals and an occasional snack of yogurt or low fat string cheese, he thought I was good to go. Although my weight loss has been slow, it's been steady, 2-4 lbs a month. Just now have been able to introduce walking into my journey in the last couple of weeks so hopefully I will see a difference in toning. I totally forgot to mention Hair loss to him, sheesh. My hair is thinning, I take Biotin but the last 3 weeks I've noticed it really is thinning out. Had blood work done by my PCP this week and all was normal except Vit D, he increased that. I'm wondering if I'm not getting enough Protein. I'm not good at tracking, especially if I cook or make something homemade I'm totally lost on MFP. Now eating out like Wendy's chili (small) or Chick-fil-A grilled nuggets I can pull nutrition facts off internet. Tues I got stuck really bad on a DEVIL food choice, don't judge, i was craving a burger, so I got a Wendy's Jr cheeseburger and brought it home, well, like an idiot took too big of a bite and got stuck BIG time and ended up puking my stomach up it felt like, needless to say I don't want another burger for a long time. Surgeon today said to me and laughed "bet you don't want a burger anytime soon do ya" lol, and I replied NOPE! He seems to think I'm really close to being in the green zone or maybe in it, hope so. If I can increase my activity and exercise I'm praying I will see more weight come off than 2 to 4 lbs a month.

Hi Donna,

I'm happy to hear you lost!! 2-4 lbs per month over a year can really add up. No need to be in a hurry. Much better to be happy. Give yourself another month at this restriction level and reconsider. Thats whats so wonderful about our surgery....ADJUSTABLE. Congrats!

My Fitness Pal works wonders for me on tracking :)

Congrats on the 2/4 lost! Celebrate!!

That is generally why I give up with MFP too, when you actually cook it is too hard.Seriously how many people that cook weigh and measure every ingredient and then portion it out exactly? I think it probably works best for people that are too lazy to cook and just eat out all the time.

Hi Donna,

I agree with Catfish. My weight loss has also slowed way down, but as long as the scale is headed in the right direction, I'm good. After all, it took me 40yrs to get to severe obesity, so I'll be patient on the loss.

I too, have forgot what I'm doing sometimes and have got stuck. Once on a Protein bar, while driving. sheesh

That's one of the lessons, be very aware what we're doing while eating. Even the pro's have made that mistake.lol

You're doing great. Keep it up.

Good news, Donna, sound as if you are in the "green" zone for sure. Keep up the good work. I was going to advise a bob haircut for you, but it appears you already have one. I think bobs hide Hair loss well. Best wishes and keep on the right path to success! Karen

Vit D is a HUGE contributor to hair loss, fatigue, deression, slow/no weightloss. Mine is severely low and my ob/gyn doc says that yoir body really needs much more than the advised amounts. I had to take 100,000 units a week (prescription).

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

if you are (losing) then you are losing and that is what its all about

so what if its 2 to 4 pounds a month.....that is a LOSS...i am so super stoked at that and your drs report.....yippee

def up the Protein (to help with the hair etc) i feel that is important but i am not a dr so i cant quote it as a fact.....i told you prior at 3 to 4 months, mine thinned out also and then got back to normal..who knows with the added vit d and the more Protein you intake, it just may help...

as for the dont judge, please note that no food is off limits..you can eat what you want but in smaller (versions/portions) so dont think its devil food choice..if you wanted wendys, eat it..enjoy it....life is meant to be enjoyed... nothing wrong with food.....that is my opinion...

donna, doing so well...now if you would only believe it sweetie..

That is generally why I give up with MFP too, when you actually cook it is too hard.Seriously how many people that cook weigh and measure every ingredient and then portion it out exactly? I think it probably works best for people that are too lazy to cook and just eat out all the time.

I completely disagree with that statement! I am NOT too lazy to cook and I don't eat out all of the time and I use MFP each and every day. What a completely ridiculous statement you just made here. Sounds to me like an excuse to not log your food...

Maybe you might be "too lazy" to bother weighing and measuring ingredients so you have accurate calorie counts on recipes.

I completely disagree with that statement! I am NOT too lazy to cook and I don't eat out all of the time and I use MFP each and every day. What a completely ridiculous statement you just made here. Sounds to me like an excuse to not log your food...

Maybe you might be "too lazy" to bother weighing and measuring ingredients so you have accurate calorie counts on recipes.

Hey RK,

Guess you don't live in a glass house the way you are heaving stones at this person?!!!

Calling someone lazy is NOT helpful ... If you are so passionate about MFP, which is a solids resource, then how about done tips on share a struggle you had and your path to success ... That provides HOPE and therefore help ... two things we ALL need : )

Hope in your future is power in your present!

Lee

280 lbs Lost - All Diseases reversed

Hey RK,

Guess you don't live in a glass house the way you are heaving stones at this person?!!!

Calling someone lazy is NOT helpful ... If you are so passionate about MFP, which is a solids resource, then how about done tips on share a struggle you had and your path to success ... That provides HOPE and therefore help ... two things we ALL need : )

Hope in your future is power in your present!

Lee

280 lbs Lost - All Diseases reversed

Excuse me, but I'm not the one calling people lazy...read Elcees post.

She says people who use MFP are too lazy to cook and eat all their meals out.

I am offended at HER generalization.

Excuse me' date=' but I'm not the one calling people lazy...read Elcees post.

She says people who use MFP are too lazy to cook and eat all their meals out.

I am offended at HER generalization.[/quote']

RK,

I apologize - you are correct and I didn't read the post you commented on in the manner with which you received it. But I can clearly see that your interpretation is accurate and I can see how you were offended. I only read a person that was struggling and frustrated and didn't consider it from the side of a person using MFP as being called lazy etc... Again I was wrong and I apologize.

Thank you

Lee

I got kind of offended too... I take the time to actually weigh, measure, portion and track all my ingredients when I cook so I can log the calories at home... I think it's more lazy to just say "oh that is too much work I can't do that."

I got kind of offended too... I take the time to actually weigh' date=' measure, portion and track all my ingredients when I cook so I can log the calories at home... I think it's more lazy to just say "oh that is too much work I can't do that."[/quote']

Yes and thank you ... And for the record I also weigh and measure my food and prepare meals at home and carry cooler etc.. Rarely go out to eat And it's definitely more work but worth it : )

Lee

I cook at home alot and still think MFP is the best food log option out there. Most ingredients are in the database it's just a matter of figuring out how much of each ingredient will be in each portion. I usually just divide by three since I portion meals out for myself, my wife, and her lunch the next day (I usually skip Breakfast and have a lighter lunch).

As for the original post congratulations on your steady loss. If you can add exercise to your regular routine I believe you'll not only see but feel a noticeable improvement in your health.