Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Most People Wear Shirts with Sleeves

I've noticed that so many people are wearing shirts with sleeves in their "after" pictures. My main target and problem area(s) are my arms and I want to be able to wear sleeveless shirts and dresses without feeling self conscience for the first time in my life. I wondered is this just coincidence or has the weight loss left their arms very flabby? I hear conflicting reports - some say their skin was able to keep pace with the weightloss, still others say they needed surgery. Input please...

I've noticed that so many people are wearing shirts with sleeves in their "after" pictures. My main target and problem area(s) are my arms and I want to be able to wear sleeveless shirts and dresses without feeling self conscience for the first time in my life. I wondered is this just coincidence or has the weight loss left their arms very flabby? I hear conflicting reports - some say their skin was able to keep pace with the weightloss' date=' still others say they needed surgery. Input please...[/quote']

I don't want to disillusion you but my arms are very flabby but I believe age has a lot to do with it as well. The younger you are the easier it is to tone your arms. I'm up there in years and may opt for surgery but it's not going to be a priority on my to do list.

I too would love to wear sleeveless again. Time will tell!

My abdominal skin is firming up nice as well as my inner thighs.. However, my Tricep Areas are not. I had loose skin there when I was thin.. It's genetics and I've come to grips with the only way that area will firm up for me is through surgery

It doesn't matter how other people have turned out because everybody is different. But I think the young people have an advantage here in the loose skin dept. If you are real old and real fat to begin with you might as well get used to the idea of having flap jacks all over your body. I've got moobies and a little paunch in front that are gonna give me fits as I lose more weight. strangely, my arms are rebounding okay. Oh yeah the inside of my thighs suck also........... But I have seen worse so I ain't gonna complain about it. I'm 53 by the way.

I agree age and length of time being heavy shows in me for sure I didn't plan to wear no sleeves or shorts so I am ok...just want a smaller size and lower numbers and better dancing. Good luck

Hard to really answer your questions. You will or will not have sagging skin. My best advice is to try not to even worry about it during weight loss.

There are a number of factors that play into that: Age, genetics, length of obesity, size of arm befor losing weight. My arms are smaller, but still flabby. My BFF has lost about 140 lbs and her arms look great, but before she lost weight, even as a heavy girl she was toned. I am guessing that played a role in how her arms look.

Age, genetics, how much you have to lose, how long you've been obese all play into how your skin will rebound. Some say exercise helps -- certainly can't hurt!

Me, I'm just glad I am too old to ever wear a bikini!!!!

My arms aren't really too saggy (I'm 45), but I have saggy skin and backfat on the side of my bra line. Prevents me from wearing tanks. Have a whole closet full of them tho - for when I wake up one day and the skin/fat magically dissapears!

Marci

It doesn't matter how other people have turned out because everybody is different. But I think the young people have an advantage here in the loose skin dept. If you are real old and real fat to begin with you might as well get used to the idea of having flap jacks all over your body. I've got moobies and a little paunch in front that are gonna give me fits as I lose more weight. strangely, my arms are rebounding okay. Oh yeah the inside of my thighs suck also........... But I have seen worse so I ain't gonna complain about it. I'm 53 by the way.

Well i was one of those real old and fat people so i had tons of skin everywhere, brachioplasty ( arm lift) i had done and its brilliant, i wear sleeveless whenever the weather allows, i love my new arms :)

well i have (bat wings) and could prob take flight on a windy day and i got some sag on my lower tummy and upper thighs and i could go on and on.....but it is what it is.......there is surgery....there is accepting the fact that i will have some extra skin hanging (i am okay with that)..and toning can help somewhat..i do detest however my upper arms and lower stomach...YUK so dont get me wrong and i wear sundresses/sleeveless now that i am (able to). heck yeah. dont like it, look the F**K the other way.,

i asked my hub not too long ago does he care if my lower stomach/thighs have some skin sagging......he said id rather you be this way than over 336 pounds again..that gave me my answer.