Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayer requests for LBT'ers

Abigale seemed to fair pretty well today. Our day started at 4:30am and didn't end until after 10pm. We were downtown most of the morning into the afternoon. She really opened up and let them see the issues that we face everyday. I really think that this test will help us to make some progress. I won't have results for 3 weeks but that is ok, we are in God's hands for those 3 weeks. Thanks for the prayers, please keep them coming. ~Mandy

I'm praying for Abigail Mandy and everyone that is having upcoming surgery. I pray for all of us on this board. I love this thread.

Hey Guys,

Please say a quick prayer for our little Lucy (puppy) she is having stomach trouble and if she doesn't seem better in a few minutes I'm going to take her to the emergency vet. She loves her pull toy which has lots of strings and I fear that she may be all tied up inside...yikes...DH is out of town and kids have school so I'd be taking her solo. She is only 9 months old. It's 12:40 AM.

I'd like to lift up each and everyone of us on this site: Moderators, Newbies, long-term banded, bandless...

The struggle with weight is not the only factor that ties us together. There are so many psychological, spiritual, mental, and physical challenges on the inside of us that make our fat just the tip of the iceberg. I pray for a spirit of compassion, empathy, and brother/sisterhood between us, as well as a heart for forgiveness for our quirks-we all have them. Finally, allow us the capacity to exhibit thoughtfulness and love, rather than judgment.

Bless each of you for teaching me what I need to know on my journey!:)

by Maya Angelou

When I say... "I am a Christian"

I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'."

I'm whispering "I was lost,

Now I'm found and forgiven."

I don't speak of this with pride.

I'm confessing that I stumble

and need Christ to be my guide.

I'm not trying to be strong.

I'm professing that I'm weak

And need His strength to carry on.

I'm not bragging of success.

I'm admitting I have failed

And need God to clean my mess.

I'm not claiming to be perfect,

My flaws are far too visible

But, God believes I am worth it.

I still feel the sting of pain.

I have my share of heartaches

So I call upon His name.

I'm not holier than thou,

I'm just a simple sinner

Who received God's good grace, somehow!

I had to go get this. Thank you dplg

Please don't be shy or apologetic about posting your prayer requests.

Most of us pray as we scroll. The commitment to reading and praying is so small and yet such a privilege. Thank you for the opportunity to "know" you better--to pray for your needs and be your friend through Christ.

A great big hug to Teresita for posting a reminder of the reason for being Christians--we need Christ.

This is good stuff. I agree with all of you and I really love the "I am a Christian". I wonder if that's a song. :huggie: At church tonight someone said, "I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow". I've heard the saying many times. The evil will come and go.....just wished it would stay gone. We all share in the fact that we have a bright future and a blessed day tomorrow. I am thankful for that truth.

BTW, I'm glad to hear Lucy is doing better. Would love to see a pic. If you don't want to post it on this thread, there is a pet thread. I'll go look for it. Found it..... http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17919.

The fear of not losing--

There is a scripture (I forget where) that states "That which you fear will come upon you". Another one is "As you think in your heart, so are you".

God invented the power of positive thinking. Norman V Peale would agree with that one.

There are some bandsters that are doing all the "right" things and yet the scale isn't moving.

Can fear be making the scale "stick"?

I'm praying today for all bandsters who feel a sense of failure that God will give them patience to perservere. Strength to exercise more, drink more Water and eat more protein--add a snack if needed. I'm praying God will give them the wisdom to read the posts of successful bandsters and find a new solution to their problem.

Atkins, Weight Watchers and even the Soup diet can be adapted to the band. For me, I have to move--exercise and stay on the go.

I just went 3 weeks after a fill with no weight lost. I was eating less, but not exercising and in general disgusted--but never allowed myself to fear success. This morning I saw a new number. Down one pound. I'm back in the game, baby!

Please join me in praying that God will dissolve the fear of failure across this board

"...they are before the throne of God. They worship him day and night in his temple. And the one who sits on the throne will be present with them. Those people will never be hungry again, and they will never thirst again. The sun will not hurt them, and no heat will burn them, becuase the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd. He will lead them to springs of Water that give life. And God will wipe every tear from their eyes. " Revelation 7:15-17

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you" John 14:2

Last night my dear mother in law was given complete release from her three years of suffering and battling breast cancer. She died in my father in law's arms. I'm not sure what kind of prayer to ask for, but we need it, especially my wife. We take great comfort in knowing the God of the universe is faithful, indeed. He loves us and we know Audrey is basking in the warmth of Jesus' presence right now.

-Jon

Hi Jon, good to see you!

So so very sorry to hear of your MIL's death. ((family hugs))

May she rest in heavenly peace.

Have you ever heard of Big Daddy Weave? They have a song - "Changing Neighborhoods". The words to this song were a source of consolation for me during the deaths of my grandparents - who died 3 months apart.

God bless your wife and entire family during this grieving phase.

I pray this website will have the strength to get back to basics of helping each other with one of the toughest decisions we've ever made. A great decision for some...hard for others but, but pray this LBT circle of life friends can pull it all back together and just help one another.

I certainly could use a more friendly atmosphere and will do my best to help others.

Jon, God Bless you and your family. We will pray for you. It sounds like you all already have peace knowing she is with the Lord and also that you will see her again one day.

Sherry, looks like He's ahead of this prayer request. We can all find comfort in knowing He is in control.

Jon, I am so sorry to hear of the loss your family has endured. Please hug your wife for me and though she has no idea who I am, let her know that I lost my mom a year ago, and know what she is going through. I know it will be a hole in her heart from now on. God will comfort all of you. I am so sorry.

I also add my prayers that the anger and bitter pride that has controlled some of our members will be released and healed. I know He will work in His own mysterious ways, and at times this kind of thing must be revealed, so we can all learn. I pray for those who were involved, that they be healed of their pain.

For all of us, may we be lights to others; share hope and good news, and hold hands when crossing the street in heavy traffic! ;)

Jon--

I pray your family feel God's presence in a very real way. I pray that the sweetest of memories sooth your pain.

I thank God for this thread. Mousecrazy and many others--I join with you in praying this thread remain a place of comfort and peace. I join you in a resolve to try to be a help to others.

I also want to thank God for LBT and all the wonderful "friends" I've met and invaluable information I've received.