Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded March 13' date=' 2013.....have had two fills and I am not doing well. Haven't lost anything since surgery. Watched my diet and added exercise 3X a week. Until now seems I am on a binge.....have appointment with the doctor tomorrow for another fill. I am in the hunt for my green zone.[/quote']

Hang in there! I just had my third fill today--7.5 cc in total now. I am just now feeling the true restriction! My surgeon says some patients will not hit their green zone until 9.5! Patience is a virtue many if us lack, but we didn't get into this mess over night!

Down 45 lbs and counting! Already planning my 50 lb reward to myself!

2nd fill today. Finally got past the .6cc & I'm now @ 2ccs. ???„ 53lbs so far!

Got my first "Have you lost weight?" At work yesterday!! I'm down about 22-25 pounds depending on the day. Lost 2 lbs between May and June fills 2 and 3. Still not lasting on 1/2 cup for 3-4 hours so looks like #4 fill on 7/29.

I'm ready for a big month of loss! Maybe it won't be 10 lbs but at this point I'd do a cartwheel for 8lbs!

I can do this, just have to hang in for a couple more fills! It's close I can tell!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Got my first "Have you lost weight?" At work yesterday!! I'm down about 22-25 pounds depending on the day. Lost 2 lbs between May and June fills 2 and 3. Still not lasting on 1/2 cup for 3-4 hours so looks like #4 fill on 7/29.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Yay! Great feeling when others notice. Keep up the good work!

Hi everyone. I had surgery yesterday and came home today. I am very sore and tired and already sick of Protein Shakes. Can someone please tell me it's gonna get better? I know it has to but I just need to hear from others. I hate having to get up to go the bathroom. The pain is so bad. I'm afraid I won't get in enough Protein because I am sick of the shakes. Feeling depressed and questioning if I have done the right thing. Can you please share your stories? I also am fighting the pain medal because I hate the taste of that too. Thanks.for listening. Donna.

Hi Donna! Congratulations on taking your first step to losing weight!! Just like you when I came home from surgery I instantly regretted it. I was so upset I almost cried. However, I reminded myself how unhappy I was with my weight and how sick and tired I was of letting it get in the way of my life. It DOES get better. Right now you are absolutely miserable, but within a few days you will feel better bit by bit and the weight will start falling off. Now as a nurse, are you keeping up on the pain meds that they gave you? It is much easier to control pain before you have it, then after. If it helps, maybe you should try making a list of the reasons you had the surgery and what you want to accomplish from the surgery. It will help you see why you did it in the first place and get you EXCITED for what is to come! I had my surgery on March 28th at 253 pounds. Right now I am 212 and in desperate need of a fill, but feeling GREAT!! :lol: Don't give up yet, you've just began the first step of your new life!

-Ash

Thank you Ash. I am crying now but I know you are so right. I don't want to fail. I feel like such a wimp because I did not have to do a pre op diet yet I am already sick of the shakes. Those of you that did a one or two week pre op are my Heros. My husband just gave me the liquid Tylenol. He said the same thing you did. I also take another pill at night that is a capsule form. I had to open it and put it in my shake. I can't believe we can't swallow a capsule. Is that forever too? Is it normal to be thinking about food too? Thanks so much for letting me vent. I so appreciate your comments. Donna

Have you tried mixing in fruit or sugar free pudding and putting it in a blender? I did that and it made it much more tolerable. Are you feeling hungry at all? After my surgery I wasn't hungry and forced myself to eat soft foods. I've never heard anything about not being able to swallow a capsule after surgery. I was given Hydrocodone pills for pain and had no problems getting those down. It's totally normal to think about food!!! How often did all of us think about it before?! That won't go away quite yet, but I find myself now forgetting to eat because I'm not hungry so it'll come. It will help you a lot in the next weeks to keep yourself busy! You may not have much of a restriction and your surgeon won't likely give you a fill quite yet so you'll need to keep your mind off of food. It helped me to work out and catch up on some reading. I felt much better a couple days after my surgery because I started dropping weight and I'm sure you will too. This website is an amazing support group and resource for anything you need, especially venting! :P

Thank you Arc. I have a nurse coming today so I am going to ask her about the capsule. Hopefully everyday will be better. Right now I am just very sore and have such a headache. No gas pain though. I had it in the hospital and the walking really helped.

No problem, Donna. How is everything going now?

It's been better every day. I still cannot sleep on my side. The port incision still hurts especially after the infection. How long does it usually take to sleep on your side again? Also do I think if I took pain meds at night that it would help with that? Thank you for listening!

It still hurts for me to sleep on my side so I don't. I get the occasional port pain as well. I think you should keep on top of your pain meds. Take it as the dr directed which I am assuming is every 4 hours? This is hard to do while you sleep but you may just have to plan to take your pain meds before bedtime.

Hi March Bansters! How is everyone doing? I was banded on 3/13 and I have now plateaued for the last 4 weeks at 52 lbs lost. I even feel my hunger starting to creep back in. Any suggestions on best way to overcome a plateau?!? I'm so frustrated!! Thanks in advance!

Hi March Bansters! How is everyone doing? I was banded on 3/13 and I have now plateaued for the last 4 weeks at 52 lbs lost. I even feel my hunger starting to creep back in. Any suggestions on best way to overcome a plateau?!? I'm so frustrated!! Thanks in advance!

I had my surgery the same day and I also plateaued. When I went to my NUT appointment, she told me I wasn't getting in my calories and Protein for the day so my body was thinking I was starving it so it kept everything I was eating as if I was not going to eat again. When I got all my ducks in a row...proteins, calories and Water. I was back to losing....5lbs the first week and 2 the next. I hope my body keeps in the losing line. This is my story I hope it helps.