Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did your doc suggest as a goal weight?

My doc didn't suggest a goal weight for me either... I just went with a healthy weight for my height of 5' 3" for my goal...it's not set in stone though so it could change in either direction.....Just be healthy, that's all I say! :)

My surgeon, nor the bariatrician never suggested a goal weight for me, they asked me mine and i said id be very happy at 200, tho i would still be considered obese in terms of my BMI...they never said anything about a lower one, but im sure they have lower in mind lol. I see the bariatrician on wednesday and will ask her. I am 5'1 so the "ideal" range that i see all over the internet is 109-135.

Congratulations on your success!!!! Don't worry about getting to 140...celebrate where you are! :)

for your height 200 is not a good goal. You will still be obese. I am 5'5 and my doctor told me 175 so I would say at least 140 for you.

Did you check out her profile?

Really Cheryl?? Not only did you tell her 'what to do" you also called her OBESE, YES YOU said it! Wow, nothing you say ever surprises me on this forum.

YOU are really a class act...... I think you need to apologize to Rebecca and maybe next time, THINK before you write! Isn't that what writers do????

As information, this is a WLS forum; the term "obese" is a medical term relating to the percentage of fat a person has within their anatomy which is beyond what would considered to be healthy for that individual.

If you are offended by the term "obese" used on this forum, perhaps you are also in denial of your own obesity, yet you opted for WLS. So, you and me, and other participants were/are OBESE. I believe that all participants on this forum would have at some point been obese, otherwise they and you included would not have opted for WLS.

Who are you to tell others to apologize to someone? Just because someone who has a medical background (aka Cheryl) used correct medical terminology in responding to a post...you get offended?? It is transparent and obvious to me that you do have some personality issues with Cheryl...however it is inappropriate to allow them to affect the content of a post. j/s

Our mission on this forum, as I understand it to be, is both weight loss and improving health, and also sharing emotional support and best practices along the way. Not everyone, myself included, believe that it is the correct approach to "sugar coat" and "coddle" others to get the results they desire.

Cheryl IS a class act...an educated individual who tells it like it is...if you don't like her style, so be it...

Telling another to apologize for speaking in honest medical terms is simply immature and inappropriate.

IMHO...your mileage obviously does vary...

I think it is also important to remember there is a lot of yardage between frank discussion and being mean spirited. I can always trust the nurse practitioner at my surgeon's office to be perfectly frank about my weight loss or lack thereof. I also know she is never rude. Not necessarily this thread but some members of this board don't know the difference.

I also want to add that since I have been in the medical field for 30 + years that once you are given a diagnosis code of anything obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure that diagnosis code given by a medical doctor stays in your record forever whether you are cured or not its part of your medical history forever. I was obese, it is still listed as one of my diagnosis even though I am no longer obese it is part and always will be part of my medical record. Some people just have issue of their own and take everything one says personally when it never applied to them. I in no way try to be demeaning to anyone but state exactly what the op stated that she would still be obese. So whomever has an issue with what I post please take a look in your mirror because it is not me you have an issue with it is yourself.

labels (again)...here, is is my labels

my highest weight i was super morbid obese

about 4 months post op i went to morbid obese

i am still (obese) morbid or not i have no idea but i guess yeah..when i get to 199, i will still be obese because of my height.

the term obese does not affect me or offend me as i know what i look like and weigh...what concerns me is my health. the numbers will change and the (labels) will too. i do not believe anything was said in error or should have been took as such and why some panties got in a wad is beyond me.

i am sure no one meant to say anything to offend anyone. that is my opinion only.

I was given a goal by the "computer" and I weigh less than that now. I thought 170 would be good but now I think I may try for less. I will just have to see how I look and feel when I get to the 170. I think every body carries weight differently. I have been around 200-203 for about 2 months now but the inches have gone down. Can't understand how scales work. I see my PCP on Monday and the surgeon next Friday for another fill. I will see what they say about everything.

Good luck and don't let a number control you.

I cryed when I read the words ...MORBID OBESITY on a paper I had to take to the lab for blood work befor my banding....

some panties got in a wad

ha ha! Love this phrase, makes me giggle every time :D

I cryed when I read the words ...MORBID OBESITY on a paper I had to take to the lab for blood work befor my banding....

So did I....when I saw it on the statement of services on my drs receipt...... I never thought of myself in those terms. That's what people who cannot get out of bed are....certainly not me.

So It was a reality check but I was on the right track to a healthy life ...it's sad but I used to describe myself as having a few extra pounds...the only person I was kidding was myself. Now I say.. Well when I was fat I ....blah blah blah. It's like I finally admitted the truth to myself.

When I went from morbidly obese to just obese I ran around the house ( after jumping off the scale) and yelled out " I'm obese! I'm obese! I'm obese!"

It was something to Celebrate at that moment. And you all know I will be jumping the couch when I am " just" overweight!

Point is, words are a mater of perception and not a definition of who I am!

My goal was/is 140. I'm still trying to accept that they doctor's office said I was only 5'3". I must have shrunk over the years! LOL! I was told yesterday at my first fill that their goal weight for me is 154. When I lost a significant amount of weight before (without the band) I struggled with Body Dysmorphic Disorder and was unhappy because couldn't get under 135 lbs even though I was a size 6 (I had never been a size 6 except for when I was a small child). I had health complications and looked unhealthy at one point. Now, I'm trying to be realistic and honestly since I am still at the beginning of my journey, my present goal is to get under 200 lbs and then figure it out from there. If at the end of all this I weigh 150 lbs, I will gladly accept it. My goal is to feel better both physically and emotionally, not to get to some size number that is acceptable to everyone. I realize I was not meant to be "willowy". There are many people who are healthy, fit and attractive that don't necessarily fall into the ideal slot on the weight chart/BMI scale.< /p>