Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Surgery Dates?

I'm going in a few hours for surgery. Nervous, second guessing myself. Thinking about not eating with the family at gatherings. It just seems so final and my sister, God love her, said, "We will just have to find joy in new things and view food as fuel to live".

This pic is me 3 weeks ago. Looking forward to seeing much less of me!

Prayers for all of you for a quick recovery, transition to your new lifestyle and wonderful results to your body and health!

post-349972-13813141300631_thumb.jpg

"We will just have to find joy in new things and view food as fuel to live".

Your sister is absolutely correct, and you will be experiencing food in a completely different way.

You are lucky to have a wonderful person like her on your side!!

You will do great, the surgery will be over before you know it.

Hi March bandsters! I'm back from the hospital after my March 20th procedure. Everything went well; no complications. I was first on the roster so I was taken down to the block at 7am; they started at 8:30am and finished at 9:30 am. Couple of hours in recovery and then back to my room. My surgeon extracted most of the CO2 so I had minimal gas pains; mostly in my shoulders. I'd say my biggest complaint post surgery was feeling very tired and weak; I didn't get out of bed until the next day (everytime I tried to stand, the room would spin). But once I was up, things were fine and I was walking the hospital corridors as my energy permitted.

Wishing all the March people who are waiting their turn a good experience!

Hi March bandsters! I'm back from the hospital after my March 20th procedure. Everything went well; no complications. I was first on the roster so I was taken down to the block at 7am; they started at 8:30am and finished at 9:30 am. Couple of hours in recovery and then back to my room. My surgeon extracted most of the CO2 so I had minimal gas pains; mostly in my shoulders. I'd say my biggest complaint post surgery was feeling very tired and weak; I didn't get out of bed until the next day (everytime I tried to stand' date=' the room would spin). But once I was up, things were fine and I was walking the hospital corridors as my energy permitted.

Wishing all the March people who are waiting their turn a good experience![/quote']

Glad to hear all is well. Im next Wednesday.

All set getting ready to go to hospital not nervous just excited and really hope my blood sugar stay up will keep you posted wish me luck.

Good Luck! I'm right there with you, heading there in two hours.

I'm 3 days post-op. Doing OK. Pretty sore. Had my first cup of coffee since Monday. I LOVE coffee, so happy to be drinking it again.

I'm 3 days post-op. Doing OK. Pretty sore. Had my first cup of coffee since Monday. I LOVE coffee' date=' so happy to be drinking it again.[/quote']

3 days post-op here too, went to Trader Joe's yesterday and couldn't turn down the free sample of Columbian... Lol

I'm supposed by my lack of bruises, my wife was banded a year ago and she had green /purple bruises all over her tummy area.

I have some bruises too. I'm going pretty well all things considered. I think I'm going to venture out of the house today.

Hi all. 10 days post-op doing ok eating mush, just alittle cheating to keep bs from getting too low. incisions look good but noticed port site area still swollen pretty good. No real pain. Anyone else notice this or does it just depend on build? I see Dr. on tues. for follow-up. thanks :)

Hi all. 10 days post-op doing ok eating mush' date=' just alittle cheating to keep bs from getting too low. incisions look good but noticed port site area still swollen pretty good. No real pain. Anyone else notice this or does it just depend on build? I see Dr. on tues. for follow-up. thanks :)[/quote']

I'm 13 days post op and my port area and belly button incision is very tender, a little red and swollen. I've also cheated the last day or so, 1 small cookie and some chocolate. I'm down 17lbs pre 2 week diet.

Hi abbieL. thanks for reply. my dr. said have some o.j. n candy around for low b.s. but not go overboard. I stopped all insulins when I got home. Fine by me!! down 11 lbs. since surgery, never had pre-op diet. take care good luck :)

Stupid pain pill got stuck this morning and made it very uncomfortable to even down Water. Went to True Results and got 1cc taken out. So now I am at 3cc.

They told me that with the hernia repair it is normal for patients to come in for a slight unfill. I also had a mucus production going on which is a sign of an over full band because the esophagus is trying to protect itself from what it thinks might be stomach acid.

The unfill brought immediate relief!

I'm 3 days post-op. Doing OK. Pretty sore. Had my first cup of coffee since Monday. I LOVE coffee, so happy to be drinking it again.

Had my first cup since Monday, too. Nursed it till it was cold but it was good! :)

My surgeon extracted most of the CO2 so I had minimal gas pains; mostly in my shoulders.

Well, that was nice of him!! Wish mine had done that. BAD day today, three days post op. Glad you're doing well.