Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Surgery Dates?

I don't really like hearing about complications, it puts the fear of God into me. I think your being very brave and positive though and I wish you a very speedy recovery. Good Luck!

My surgery is this Saturday and I took all my PSTs yesterday and my primary needs to sign off. Got a call today from them and they said my sodium was a little low and shouldnt be an issue but they wanted to so another blood test so I had to drive 30 mins to my primary and get another blood test!! Argh. Won't have results until tomorrow. I think I will go nutty if the surgery gets postponed cause of this. Wish me luck!!!

Hi guys! Well I had my band placed yesterday morning, the surgery itself went very smooth, infact when my Dr came to release me today he commented in how we'll I did on the pre-opp, which made his job all that easier! I was very out of it yesterday, really just in & out of sleep! I spent the night at the hospital, my Dr does that for all patients, but did well had broth & Jello for lunch & dinner. I was able to gulp it down my Dr said probably b/c I had minimal swelling b/c I did a great Jon shrinking my liver. I haven't thrown up at all. I got up & walked 5-6 times at the hospital & haven't had much in the gas pains department yet (knock on wood). I was home at noon today & feel soo much better already being in my own bed! I am on Vicodin and plan to stay ahead of the pain for a day or two by taking it! I'm on Clear Liquids (broth jello Water crystal light) til Friday when I can start puree's. I'll update you all with anything new that comes up!

Today is the day! Now I'm starting to get nervous :-/ my heart is pounding out of my chest.

My surgery is scheduled for March 20th.... I am so excited and can't wait for the next 5 days to pass. I'm not even going to complain about the pre-op diet, lost 14 pounds in a week by following my doctors diet to a "T". I went to a pre-op group meeting today and was shocked how many people were talking about cheating on the pre-op diet. If you can't follow a diet for two weeks, what are you going to do after your surgery.

Surgery went well! Ended up I had a hiatal hernia so he fixed it during surgery. Just really sore now and had reactions to pain meds but otherwise I'm good. No pain meds for 6 hours and so far so good.

Well surgery want good but in pain with gas pain.ugh :(

Mine was today too and everything is good except for the sharp gas pain all over my chest. I'm running out of gas x :/ maybe is my fault because i slept 4 hours before getting up to walk it out and the same with the inhaler, I'm having a hard time reaching my assigned # :(

My surgery is scheduled for March 20th.... I am so excited and can't wait for the next 5 days to pass. I'm not even going to complain about the pre-op diet' date=' lost 14 pounds in a week by following my doctors diet to a "T". I went to a pre-op group meeting today and was shocked how many people were talking about cheating on the pre-op diet. If you can't follow a diet for two weeks, what are you going to do after your surgery.[/quote']

I was so excited about my surgery that food was my enemy for those two weeks and i did really good. Lost 14lbs. Those people are gonna have a hard time loosing the weight if they don't use this tool wisely. These are the people that end up posting ugly videos about the band and they go and get the sleeve. Which is basically the same thing but it doesnt deprive u from eating what u want but if u eat what u want then you wont be 100% successful.

Pre-op yesterday and all tests a-okay. All set for Tuesday!

I had my surgery on Tuesday & today was the first time I weighed myself, I'm down 5.5 lbs since surgery, yay!!!!! Today I get to start puréed foods, I was thinking about oatmeal for Breakfast what do you guys think?

My surgery was yesterday I had a hernia that was repaired I was at the hospital all day yesterday went home late at around 6pm only had my meds at 7pm last night nothing so far today also my sister put the recliner in my room and I slept in that it definitely feels better then my bed