Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Surgery Dates?

So I was supposed to get my date last Thursday. When I called they told me the person that was to be scheduled with me (doc requires at least two surgeries to book outpatient center) had canceled.... Now they say I should know by Tuesday but am just very discourage. So ready for this change.

I am sorry, I know the disappointment! Hopefully they will call soon with a new date!

I am scheduled for March 29th. Officially start my Protein Shake diet on March 15th but I have been trialing it for the last 2 weeks. The Protein Shakes keep you full. I do much better during the week at work than on the weekends at home. Excited about this new place in my life but also very nervous!

Mileend, I thought the same thing during preop, first it was very difficult but I was glad to get a taste of what it was going to be like after surgery. And second, my surgery was Friday and I am in no risk of wanting to eat...clear liquids are more than enough, trust me. I have sipped Water and hot tea for 2 days and I feel full all the time. So no worries about "if" you will be able to do it. Your body will let you know for sure.

Anyone els have a bad taste in their mouth from the Protein Shakes?

I found the best thing to drink today, diet Snapple 1/2 ice tea 1/2 lemonade, felt good to drink something besides Water or Protein shake!!!!

On day 5 of pre-op' date=' I think I'm finally getting used to it! I lost another 2.5 lbs yesterday making my total weight loss so far 8.5 lbs, my goal (set by myself) is 15 lbs, before surgery on 3/12, making myself the smallest I've been in like 4-5 years!

Yesterday we went to outback & I ordered a 6 oz steak, only ate 1/2 of it & broccoli, I think going out helped myself realize I got this, I didn't eat any bread or a fully loaded potatoe, & I STILL LOST weight yesterday, yay!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

I'm 3/12 too!!

Mine is March 11th pending me getting rid of a UTI

Hey! Is the UTI thing just a preference for you - or does it need to be removed? I have an IUD and no one has mentioned that it needs to come out.

Thanks!

Hey! Is the UTI thing just a preference for you - or does it need to be removed? I have an IUD and no one has mentioned that it needs to come out.

Thanks!

Omg - long weekend... UTI - not IUD. I'm losing my mind :-)

Anyone els have a bad taste in their mouth from the Protein Shakes?

I found the best thing to drink today' date=' diet Snapple 1/2 ice tea 1/2 lemonade, felt good to drink something besides Water or Protein shake!!!![/quote']

I have the bad taste too! The other day I hugged my son and he said "Ma? Did you throw up today?" I guess the shakes make our breath smell horrible too! I'm sipping diet Green Tea( iced) now! Lol

o.k. Rina, you totally cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh. Sounds like something I would do.

Getting close to being finished with this pre-op & I must say it is so much easier now. Hope it stays this way. :)

What brand of broth is best?

What brand of broth is best?

I've yet to find a broth I can tolerate( taste-wise) I keep making my own chicken Soup and straining it for the broth. It's richer and more flavorful. I have found that I relish creating and cooking the soup because I know I will enjoy a tiny part of it.

Someone on here said their dietician said to heat up soup and strain it so that it tastes better.

One word of advice-- after banding, make sure you have some warm fluids( tea or broth) it helps to "get things moving." LOL!

Less than 12 hours to go now and I am totally freaked out. So nervous! I really, really hope all goes well.

Good luck! You will do great! keep us posted, I get banded in 3 days. :)

Hey girls just wanted to let you know I'm doing much better today. I'm able to drink a little more and have much less gas pain today. Good luck to anyone being banded today :)

One week to go! Still trying to eat slower an smaller bites with more chewing...harder than i thought!