Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Surgery Dates?

My date is March 19th - two weeks from today. I started the pre-op diet on Sunday. I tried a two-week liquid diet in November 2012, when I was first contemplating the surgery. I figured if I couldn't do it, then I could do the lapband surgery. It was a breeze.

Good Luck everyone.

I an so happy for all of you, but a little sad myself. My surgery was postponed because my platelets are too low, and I have seen the hematologist, who is running tests. He assured me that he would get me to where I could have surgery, but could not tell me when that might be. I am discouraged, and don't know what to do about the diet. On the one hand, I am sure that losing more weight would be great. On the other hand, if I were able to stay on diets for a really long time, I would not need surgery. It is looking more like my surgery may not be until April or maybe even May. I was within a week of my original surgery date. Yep, feeling kind of low.

I know exactly how you feel. My doc called me yesterday to postpone my op yet again!!! i've been postponed since September. It is very discouraging. I just felt like crying all day yesterday. How many times are they going to put me through this?? I know everything happens for a reason so we have to stay positive through this tough time...

I am scheduled for March 18th! Am doing the 2 week Optifast - I think it is pretty vile - I have doctored up the Tomato Soup a bit and it is not too bad - but it all smells so vitamin-y or something - but that is okay as I am one day closer ...

Big hugs to all of you that had yours already - many good thoughts and support going your way. SaraWalk - you are my hero - posted same day as your op. Thanks for details and tips.

So sorry for those of you postponed - that has to be so difficult. It is easy to say stay positive - the reality is much harder. Keeps us posted on your progress.

xx

What??? I never heard you had to do this pre op

Yup.....It was one of the requirments for my doc.....but I only have to do one week of pre-op diet, so I guess it equals out. LOL.

Got my date!! March 29th!!!! Start my no carb Diet this weekend!

I am scheduled for March 22nd!

Today is day 5 post op for me & i'm feeling good except for some soreness at the port site & stomach pain every now & then. So glad the surgery is behind me. I can now enjoy full liquids and I just had some yuuuummy Tomato Soup for lunch. Best stuff I ever ate! Hope everyone is doing good & those of you that just had surgery I hope yall are recovering well!

Today is day 5 post op for me & i'm feeling good except for some soreness at the port site & stomach pain every now & then. So glad the surgery is behind me. I can now enjoy full liquids and I just had some yuuuummy Tomato Soup for lunch. Best stuff I ever ate! Hope everyone is doing good & those of you that just had surgery I hope yall are recovering well!

I right with you!!! Tomato Soup for lunch and it was the best thing I've ever had lol.

Congrats and good luck to all having or had surgery this week. Mine was on March 1 and today is the 5th and I feel great. Gas is pretty much gone and insisions look and feel great. It is hard to believe a week ago I was still on preop diet and stressing about surgery! It all worked out wonderfully. :-)

My FIRST post!

I'm scheduled for surgery March 19th. I'm on day two of my pre-op diet. Which, by reading some others' posts I am understanding is not that restrictive. I am struggling already. I mean if I was able to successfully cut down eating this much on my own, I wouldn't need surgery right? Just kidding. I know lots of people have done it and I can too. I'm just frustrated and I have learned that I get really crabby when I don't eat.

This too shall pass...... :wacko:

I had my surgery yesterday morning. I had some issues with the staff in the recovery room (they've lost a piece of my CPAP and overall were just not helpful) but other than that I'm happy with it all. My surgeon was excellent. There is 3 cc's in my band as of now.

I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort of course. Obviously my abs are a mess but the worst is the diaphragm / shoulder pain. I can't talk for long or take deep breaths without serious pain. Ugh.

I can honestly say though that I am NOT hungry, which is so weird, since i haven't had real food now in two days, but definitely not hungry. Very thirsty. But I don't feel hungry at all. I think I've been hungry my whole life and all of a sudden I'm not it's so bizarre!

For those still in the pre-op diet, courage! You'll get there! For those with the cancellations / postponements, I'm so sorry. I was really surprised with how the high-protein low-carb diet was ok after the first 3-4 days, when I had tried Atkins type diets before I don't think I ever stuck with them past the 2-3 day mark. The lesson from the Protein Shakes is stick with it for 4-5 days and then see how you feel, it takes that long for your body to get "good" at ketosis (getting fuel from fat). If my diet were postponed I would be continuing on that kind of a diet to see if I could lose weight and get healthier on my own, it was the first thing that worked for me.

Best wishes to everyone!

Hi everyone,

My surgery was yesterday at 10am. I was taken in almost immediately because the guy ahead of me ate over the weekend and had to cancel :(. Such a waste! But worked well for me....

Hospital staff was great. In the preop waiting I had a hospital gown called Bair Paws. They connect a hose to the paper gown and it fills with warm circulating air - awesome! Never had that!

Was home by 330. I have 6 small punctures. Was thirsty more than hungry yesterday. Today not much of either! Just sipping Water and having sf Popsicles.

So far no gas or bloating. Pain is like the day after you do 1000 crunches! I do tire easily though. Took liquid Tylenol except Last night when i took the prescription to sleep.

feeling good. Even laid on my stomach a bit today!

First day of a new life! Going back to doc on Friday. Will keep y'all posted!

3 more days till i get my band. I am a little bit nervous but a whole lot of excited. I cannot wait. :wub: Good to read such good reports from those that have gotten theirs already. So Happy for you all. Good luck to all the upcoming dates. We can do this!!!!

Hi everyone. Had my app. with surgeon, pre-op nurse, and ansthesialigist?? today...All went well...Dr. said no meds mon. am firs one in.. Have to shower sun. with some anti bacterial soap then can shower when home as long as im gentle in abdomen area. Hes really confident ill do excellent given my build n goals. Hope so! As far as overnite stay he said up to me depending on how i feel. They will call me fri. pm to let me know when to show up. If i was nervous my Dr. made me feel like its no big deal n I'll do fine. As for carbonated drinks he said thats a no no but hes fine with sugar free teas juices etc. :)