Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Surgery Dates?

Everytime I post and see my ticker counting down, I'm "OMG....it's finally happening!" Excited, apprehensive, projecting and imagining all the changes that are going to take place...and...I'm stopped reading the horror stories because that is not helpful as I get closer to my surgery date. It was a good thing to do when I was gathering education to make my decision, but a negative thing to do at this point. Decision made, date set and now my mind needs to imagine the "Best Case Scenario". Good luck to all as we move through "our month."

Omg only 25 more days I'm so anxious

Same here...diets starts soon :-S

Thanks for the tips Molly. I have the low sodium broth (chicken) and gatorades and diet snapples. Am going to get the sugar free ice pops and sugar free Jello today. Did not hear about the pillow and the heating pad - will have to look into that. Do you think it will be a problem that I have to go upstairs to my bedroom?

You're welcome, the pillow&heating pad was a tip that I got on this site. I'm also wondering about going upstairs, I already have a problem going upstairs last january I had a car accident and broke both legs, and I have to use both banesters to help me up. Any advice is helpfull, good luck!

My surgery is March 7th, I got my Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello, sugar free Popsicles, low fat low sodium chicken broth, liquid vitamins, body pillow, and a heating pad. I hope that helps. and if I missed anything please keep me posted. Thanks!

Molly, I am on the 7th too! I am on day 5 of my pre-op diet. I am so excited and ready to be on the other side! Good luck to you next Thursday as well! What time is your surgery?

Good luck to all of you who are being banded today! I hope everything goes well for everyone and you all have a speedy recovery!

Surgery got pushed from March 8th to March 20th... Better late than never :)

11 days to go an getting nervous!! :(

You're on the 12th too???

OMG I just realized 7 more days till it is banding time!!!

Molly' date=' I am on the 7th too! I am on day 5 of my pre-op diet. I am so excited and ready to be on the other side! Good luck to you next Thursday as well! What time is your surgery?[/quote']

I dont have a time yet im meeting with surgeon on Tuesday, they said ill get time then. Im so nervous, and scared, how are you holding up? Lets keep in touch with our progress.

I'm on day 3 of pre op diet, I'm down 5 lbs & have surgery on 3/12, another 11 days of this diet, yikes!!!!!

I'm on day 3 of pre op diet' date=' I'm down 5 lbs & have surgery on 3/12, another 11 days of this diet, yikes!!!!![/quote']

Same here...except my date is 03/06. I've notices a big difference in dates on here & "acceptable" foods. Wonder why it's different for the same surgery?!

I have only tomorrow and Sunday left before Surgery and for the past week the pre-op diet has been fine, but today for some reason it is HARD. I am HUNGRY!!!

I've done lots of research and made my decision but right now I am just worried that I will not be able to follow the post-op restrictions. Just liquids! For so long! I guess I am finally appreciating how tough that will actually be and I'm a bit freaked about not respecting it and causing myself damage.

I guess with my surgery Monday am the reality of all this is finally hitting me! It's not like I didn't know, but now it's right there...!

Same here...except my date is 03/06. I've notices a big difference in dates on here & "acceptable" foods. Wonder why it's different for the same surgery?!

I'm wondering about that also, my date is March 7th, I started my pre op February 28th.

I have a tough time following the rules as well! How long will u be on liquids? Day 3 post opp I can start puree's.