Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Surgery Dates?

Hi cullychick No im on the 11th. I replied late last night. I spoke with Dr. office today n except for very extreme cases' date=' they dont require you to do any pre-op diet except for night before surgery. Sounds good to me! :) She said get small bottle of adult Gummy or chewable vitamins an a chewy Calcium Vitamin. Bought a crapload of sugarfree jello/pudding, fat free broth, some small containers, baby spoons, an borrowed a heating pad from my sis in law. Think I got it covered? I feel like a doomsday prepper!!:)[/quote']

I'll be one day after you!! You'll have to let us know how it goes! Woohoo...no pre-op diet for you! Lol mine is only a week so I can't complain! Sounds like you're stocked up pretty good! Goood luck!!!! It'll be here before we know it!

Mine is scheduled for march 7.

I am also on the 7th! I think I have seen about 5 or 6 people on here with surgery on the 7th. The final countdown is on for us!

ya cullychick im getting antsy as the days count down! went to wallyworld today n bought vitifusion mens health gummies n Calcium D gummies as per my dietician. Better hold off for now before Im broke an wont be able to take time off for recovery! :( take care! ;)

I'm on day 4 of my pre op (2week) liquid diet, I'm sooo hungry & going brain dead by the day without fuel! My Dr keeps all his patients in the hospital overnite, and after reading about the vomiting stories I'm kinda glad! My preop is 2 Protein Shakes a day then 4 oz of meat/cheese/eggs & vegetables. We r going to outback for dinner & I can't wait to eat 1/2 steak & some veggies. I wonder if I can have a salad?

Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading this thread and you are all so supportive!

I was banded on 2/19. I had no pre-op diet except for Clear Liquids the day before. My surgery went smoothly and I had very little gas pain. I still some slight discomfort at the port incision site, and it's quite bruised.

My surgeon had me shower with Dial anti-bacterial soap for the two weeks prior to surgery( to decrease risk of infection.) I went a step further( because getting a hospital-born infection is my BIGGEST fear) and used Hibclens wash. My surgeon used no bandages at all and sealed my wounds with glue, and then covered them with glue as well. That's another way to decrease risk of infection. I spent one night in hospital( I walked all night!) and came home the next morning. I've been tired, and in the first few days I was STARVING! I even wanted lobster( thanks to a Red lobster commercial) and I don't even LIKE lobster! It gets easier everyday!

I'm not sure how much I have lost because I didn't own a scale until after my banding, but I was 263 when I started and on my home scale today I am 246. I don't see a weight loss myself. My stomach looks bigger but it's probably still swollen.(?)

When I am tempted to eat, I remind myself of the people who need feeding tubes. They can never eat again. We will be able to eat soon and we will have trained ourselves to exist on much smaller portions.

Good luck to all! It's ALL worth it!

Welcome kookel an congrats on your ongoing success. you have very important things for us to consider when its our turn. keep us posted in your recovery! :)

So glad to hear from the recently banded ladies. I hope you continue to recover well & the nausea goes away quickly. Please keep us updated.

Called the doc and got some anti nausea med. I feel so much better. I am not hungry at all though and only got around 12oz in yesterday. I'm going to try go get more in today. How are all the other new banders doing?

Howdy March Bandsters! My story has had some bumps along the way in February... Okay 24 inches of snow! I have switched surgeons for scheduling purposes, this being closer to my house. My new surgery date is March 19th. 2 week pre-op diet starts Tuesday. Good luck to all being banded this week!

My biggest surprise so far is that I feel absolutely NO restriction at all! I am over on my fluids everyday... I can still drink large mouthfuls and do so quickly with no problem. On the advice of the folks on this site, I am consciously trying to sip so that I'm used to it. Yesterday I had a few twinges of pain where my port is, and the swelling has subsided enough for me to feel the port through my skin( a little freaky!)

Otherwise, all is GOOD!

Good news for you koolkel just take it slow an easy...dont overdue it too soon. keep us posted. :)

So I was supposed to get my date last Thursday. When I called they told me the person that was to be scheduled with me (doc requires at least two surgeries to book outpatient center) had canceled.... Now they say I should know by Tuesday but am just very discourage. So ready for this change.

On day 5 of pre-op, I think I'm finally getting used to it! I lost another 2.5 lbs yesterday making my total weight loss so far 8.5 lbs, my goal (set by myself) is 15 lbs, before surgery on 3/12, making myself the smallest I've been in like 4-5 years!

Yesterday we went to outback & I ordered a 6 oz steak, only ate 1/2 of it & broccoli, I think going out helped myself realize I got this, I didn't eat any bread or a fully loaded potatoe, & I STILL LOST weight yesterday, yay!!!!!!!!!!