Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2013 Bandsters?

Prayers Needed!! Day 1 of Five Days liquid diet. Surgery is Tuesday, excited and nervous but sooo ready! Sipping my Unjury Protein Shake now :)

ok its a go.... pre opt all done .. 2/4 date just waiting for time... down 21lbs just really doing the liquid diet to the T... excitement taking over the fear also found out that my surgeon does 20 procedures a week at one of ny's biggest hosiptal ..lets get r done...

Jim, you're in a great program! I've been with Dr. Ren-Fielding (Dr. F's wife) for 8 years! She's replacing my disconnected band on 2/4, too :) I'm going in at 11 am. See you in recovery!!

ok great ... my sister also has had dr ren do her band ..... good luck to you ...see ya on the other side of the scale..

I started my pre op today..i ate at 6 am and still feel full as hell...high Protein is the kicker I guess..anyway.can someone invite me to the Feb bandsters? when i click join it doesnt do anything...Feb 14th is my surgery date. 2 weeks!

Getting banded Feb 12, nervous and excited to start this new chapter in my life!

[quote name=APPROVED :) Candace83' timestamp='1359643064' post='1932966]

I started my pre op today..i ate at 6 am and still feel full as hell...high Protein is the kicker I guess..anyway.can someone invite me to the Feb bandsters? when i click join it doesnt do anything...Feb 14th is my surgery date. 2 weeks!

Try going back to the group and clicking "Group Discussion" from the right hand side. The groups will be getting overhauled in the next few weeks and I'm told things will be easier to navigate!

I start my pre-op all Protein Shake diet tomorrow. Of course my hubby decides to plan a sushi date for tomorrow, I have to say no because I know he is testing my resolve. Why can't people just be supportive and not play little passive aggressive games?

I start my pre-op all Protein Shake diet tomorrow. Of course my hubby decides to plan a sushi date for tomorrow, I have to say no because I know he is testing my resolve. Why can't people just be supportive and not play little passive aggressive games?

I read this and am so sorry that the person who should support you is not doing so. I have a similar issue with a family member. I get support on the surface but sabotage is lurking nearby. I'm no therapist but I bet your hubby is scared that things will change and you will change. Just try to focus on your success and I'm sure once he sees the changes are good ones, I bet he backs you 100%.

Gowalking is absolutely right...the passive aggressiveness isn't to sabotage you so much as to console himself that YOU aren't really changing/leaving him. food is a way to be close to someone. Ask any Italian :) It's currency for love, some times. Maybe your hubby needs to reassure himself that you still love him. Mine did the same thing, I let myself get off my liquids day 1 at the end of the night because he offered me a bite of pepperoni stromboli TWICE when I declined TWICE. And I know he liked his hot wife. So I know he doesnt' want me to be heavy, but food has been our mutual passion for a few years. It's a hobby. Hard to break those.

I am looking at being banded the last week of February...pending insurance...Excited!