Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2013 Bandsters?

I was banded in feb. Was disappointed at first ...had four fills and am now on 12 ccs since last Thursday. I started at 289 pounds and today I am 248. Down 41 pounds. Port still is soar and doc said I will probably feel that way forever. There was a few times I was stuck for weeks at losing weight. I joined weight watchers 2 wks ago and lost 8.4 pounds.

I know how u feel. I have only lost 7 pounds in a month. I keep going up a pound down a pound, it seems like for weeks! I had my second fill on Tuesday which puts me at 6.5cc in a 14cc band. I dont really feel anything, just a lump in my throat when I start eating, but we are getting close. Weight loss has really slowed down so i guess it's time to start excercising!

I know how u feel. I have only lost 7 pounds in a month. I keep going up a pound down a pound' date=' it seems like for weeks! I had my second fill on Tuesday which puts me at 6.5cc in a 14cc band. I dont really feel anything, just a lump in my throat when I start eating, but we are getting close. Weight loss has really slowed down so i guess it's time to start excercising![/quote']

I have also slowed down on the weight loss. I'm at 8.5 cc's but I am thinking about calling tomorrow to get another fill. I can feel the restriction but I don't think it's enough. I also have to get some exercising in daily. Hopefully my two year olds will sleep tonight all night so I can have some kind of energy after work tomorrow.

I was banded in feb. Was disappointed at first ...had four fills and am now on 12 ccs since last Thursday. I started at 289 pounds and today I am 248. Down 41 pounds. Port still is soar and doc said I will probably feel that way forever. There was a few times I was stuck for weeks at losing weight. I joined weight watchers 2 wks ago and lost 8.4 pounds.

8.4 lbs off that's great!!!!

I know how u feel. I have only lost 7 pounds in a month. I keep going up a pound down a pound, it seems like for weeks! I had my second fill on Tuesday which puts me at 6.5cc in a 14cc band. I dont really feel anything, just a lump in my throat when I start eating, but we are getting close. Weight loss has really slowed down so i guess it's time to start excercising!

I have also slowed down on the weight loss. I'm at 8.5 cc's but I am thinking about calling tomorrow to get another fill. I can feel the restriction but I don't think it's enough. I also have to get some exercising in daily. Hopefully my two year olds will sleep tonight all night so I can have some kind of energy after work tomorrow.

Start with 30 min of exercise 5 days a week and when you start to see and feel the results you be up to 45 min etc etc. GOOOOD LUCK!!!!!! :)

Hi February Bandsters! I am so glad I found this thread because we all seem to be at the same or similar points in our journeys. I am down 40 pounds as of yesterday -- fighting for every pound, but excited that this WILL be the last time I have to see those 40 pounds. Anyway, just thought I would check in and keep the thread alive. It's so helpful to hear others are in the same boat.

Hello all! Checking in also. Down 51 lbs to date and really enjoying summer clothes so much more than last year at this time! Struggling a bit with all the summer parties/occasions and my love of wine... Working hard every day.

Hello all! Checking in also. Down 51 lbs to date and really enjoying summer clothes so much more than last year at this time! Struggling a bit with all the summer parties/occasions and my love of wine... Working hard every day.

I hear on both comments. Feeling and looking good people noticing my hard work. :-)

Try making kabobs I did chicken, shrimp and sausage ones they were a hit at the cook out that I went to and I didn't miss the BBQ feel.

:DCongrats to everyone

:D

Everyone seems to have some great loss. Slow and steady for me. I just had my 1st fill Wed. Got a 3.5 CC fill in my 10 CC band. It was time. I'm down 53 lbs. My body has gotten used to my workouts, so I have recently started CrossFit.... and WOW, am I feeling that! It's definitely a challenge, but I want to gain the muscle to help burn the fat while I'm at rest. Agg, waiting for the scale to move again. My body seems to like to let weight go around specific times of the months... weird! but other then that, feeling pretty good. But I feel like I won the first 50 pound battle and now it;s time for the last 55 lbs WAR! Bring it on :blink:

Hello everyone, well it seems like you all are doing wonderful! I am having some issues, I am at 10cc's and can feel the restrictions but I do think I am going to go in tomorrow for another fill because well I'm still getting hungry sooner then wanted. I am working on the exercising but what did you all start with? I am walking at night a mile at a time but it doesn't seem to be doing much good.

Also was it hard for anyone of you to get it through your husbands or wife's head that you can't have certain things or not supposed to?

I am down 20 pounds.

I am down 45 lbs., but believe me it has not been without daily struggles. My husband is still trying to get me eating the wrong things, then gets upset when I say no. Even tries to order for me at restaurants, so yes it can be exhausting.

I have 4.5 cc's in my band. I still have to remember to chew everything thoroughly, which I thought would be second nature by now.

I started walking for my workouts with the goal of 10,000 steps a day and added the 10 floors of stairs in my office building four times a day. I have needed some additional and/or something different so I purchased the 10 minute trainer dvd's and do 2 to 3 ten minute modules a day.

I work at this everyday. The women at work bring baked goods everyday and want to go out to eat everyday. I started grad school, so I use my lunch time to study so I have an excuse. Protein shakes with sugar free Jello pudding added for thickness and flavor changes are my Breakfast. Greek yogurt and chopped chicken breasts with veggies are lunch. I try to keep Protein high, no bread, rice, Pasta or potatoes. Tons of Water is a must as well. I hope this helps.

An update and something that I think that we all need to remember and think about on our weight loss journey. Stress can be a huge blocking point in weight loss. For the last month I have been going through stress at work and at home. I have felt like a giant ball of anxiety walking around. I could not settle down, sleep, truly rest and to actually sit down and eat was just not going to happen. I unfortunately picked up the habit of taking large bites and instead of chewing properly, just drinking the bite down - to avoid the PB issues. This made me hungrier sooner and when you are running to a hundred million places throughout the day fast food is easier. I still have stayed away from the bread, rice and Pasta - but got reintroduced to potato chips. The salt content killed whatever weight loss I might have had if I had just eaten properly. Things finally started easing up earlier this week and I have had to reevaluate every aspect of my life and eating habits. On Wednesday I began Protein Shakes in the morning with a tablespoon of flaxseed as well as a tablespoon of SF pudding. This shake literally takes me 3 - 4 hours to drink it all. I have a late lunch of 4 oz of lean meat and 4 oz of steamed veggies. dinner is the same as lunch. For my sweet treat at night I have one snack pack of applesauce. So far my weight loss in 4 days has been 3 pounds. I have started meditating in the evening - and as I truly am hyper this is incredibly difficult. I cannot honestly say whether or not it is working, but I think just the quiet reflection is allowing me to think some things through and helping me make some tough decisions. I am in a better place than I have been for about 4 weeks now, but each day brings new challenges. The largest realization that I have had is that my peace and happiness is in direct correlation to everything around me and I can either allow it to control my emotions and allow myself to make bad choices (eating terribly, holding in my feelings and allowing other people to control my life), or I can take control and be accountable to myself. I think we all have underlying forces of control that have taken over our lives and created conflict and turmoil that assisted in our losing control of our weight throughout the years - whether that was people or things. I know that much of my weight loss journey is a mental journey as well as a physical one. I have many people in my life and in my direct surroundings that create conflict and disorder in which I react in a disruptive way (by holding it in and not wanting to cause conflict with other people). Learning to use my voice and venting my feelings is much better than self destructive behavior or emotionally placating myself through food. This is my new declaration for now. I cannot control the attitude and self control of an eighteen year old step son that is full of anger and hurt from his mother, but takes it out on me, his stepmother. Although I cannot control this, I can choose to remove myself as his emotional punching bag. I cannot control the forces of the corporate world and how office politics allows bullies to persist in that environment. I can control how I react to them and stand up for myself. I have as of this week been promoted to a new department and although everything is new - I am excited about the future there. The largest source of my stress - I cannot control the forces of my husband's family in their time of grief and utter disbelief that their mother has terminal cancer. This is a terrible tragedy and watching from the sidelines while they tear each other apart with accusations, distrust and passive aggressive control tactics has been the most horrific thing I have had to be a part of. Attorneys should never be used to control their siblings or parents decisions. I pray every day that she passes with peace and her dementia has a strong foothold of her mind so that she does not experience the pain from watching her family destroy themselves from within. I am thankful that we live 6 states away and that we do not have to experience this daily. I can control my feelings of anguish through prayer, tears and being here to support and love my husband in his time of grief, disbelief and sadness. Finally - I am responsible for me and my actions. I have to stay regimented in my daily food choices and exercise behaviors. I have to breathe, eat and move every single day. It is up to me to make the most of my life and not allow other people to affect me with their negative actions (easier said than done). I know we all go through things from time to time. Thanks for listening to my declarations. This is a journey. :wacko:

Hello FEB bandsters....

This month, most of hit our 6 months after surgery. How is everyone doing and feeling? Summer is almost over and we will be jeans shopping very soon!! WOW! Anyone exited to go shopping for this year and is anyone getting close to their goal weight?

BEST WISHES to EVERYONE and Cheers to all you SUCCESS :)

Hello FEB bandsters....

This month, most of hit our 6 months after surgery. How is everyone doing and feeling? Summer is almost over and we will be jeans shopping very soon!! WOW! Anyone exited to go shopping for this year and is anyone getting close to their goal weight?

BEST WISHES to EVERYONE and Cheers to all you SUCCESS :)

That's right we are all at our six month mark WOW how time flies. I am still loving :wub: my band hope everyone feels the same way !