Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2013 Bandsters?

Are there any others set to get banded in February? My doctor's office called to tell me my insurance approved me & set my surgery date for the first! After going back & forth for a couple years & now just completing the 6 months (well technically 7 months) weight loss consultations, it's going to happen. I'm not so sure how to feel about it. Nervous? Excited? Worried? Happy? I thought I'd see if anyone else is getting ready for it all, & see how they're dealing with it. Input from veteran bandsters would be great too! :) Tips on what to expect, need, & advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! I'm so excited. Nervous also c is a jog change.. And nervous because what if I'm making the wrong choice?! Ahhh

Thank you! I'm so excited. Nervous also c is a jog change.. And nervous because what if I'm making the wrong choice?! Ahhh

You're welcome. I know what you mean! Actually, right after I got the date set, I got sick to my stomach. I really started to question my choice too, but then I spent a little time reading on here. Success stories & knowing what to expect, has started to make me excited & reminded me why I'm doing it. Being healthy, more energy, a more active life, & looking better to top it off. I think being nervous & questioning it all is probably normal. If you just jumped in without thinking, it could be a red flag, but you're taking it seriously. With big change comes risks, but with great rewards! Now, when the surgery gets closer, I may have to get a refresher, bc going under the anesthesia scares the bajeezes (sp?) out of me!

I'm February 8th. Can't wait to get it done. I'm in Ontario so I have to pay.

I get banded feb 6! Very nervous and excited.

You're welcome. I know what you mean! Actually' date=' right after I got the date set, I got sick to my stomach. I really started to question my choice too, but then I spent a little time reading on here. Success stories & knowing what to expect, has started to make me excited & reminded me why I'm doing it. Being healthy, more energy, a more active life, & looking better to top it off. I think being nervous & questioning it all is probably normal. If you just jumped in without thinking, it could be a red flag, but you're taking it seriously. With big change comes risks, but with great rewards! Now, when the surgery gets closer, I may have to get a refresher, bc going under the anesthesia scares the bajeezes (sp?) out of me![/quote']

I totally agree!! Actually after I set my date I just had a big rush of excitement because finally my life will start!! I'm just nervous with my insurance and union who are being sticklers! You definitely have to go into this knowing both the good and the bad. I'm just nervous ill fail still b that's my track record. Endless diet failures... Sigh

My surgery is scheduled for February 1st :) I go tomorrow for my pre op. I'm super excited about getting the band, but getting sooo nervous about having surgery in general. I'll be happy when the surgery's over!

My surgery is scheduled for February 1st :) I go tomorrow for my pre op. I'm super excited about getting the band, but getting sooo nervous about having surgery in general. I'll be happy when the surgery's over!

Congratulations!! What do you mean by pre op? My doctors office mentioned the pre op testing also before surgery, but I thought I did all of that ? lol

I'm 2/1 as well! All pre-op testing is finally done including psych eval today. Pre-op with nutritionist is 1/24 then I'm good to go. I am super excited and not one day have I questioned my choice.

Tried my first Protein shake today. Testing them to see which brand and flavors I like so I can get them ordered to have here when I'm ready

Best of luck to all!!!!

I'm getting banded on feb 15th!! As excited as I am for this life changing event, I am pretty nervous for life with the band. I'm not so worried about the surgery itself but for the lifestyle changes afterwards. But hey if I didn't need to change my ways then I wouldn't be needing this surgery. This isn't something I want to do, but it is something I need to do. I can't keep living like this. I considered lap band over a year ago but now I am truly ready and committed to changing my life.

Good luck to all of you!!

Congratulations!! What do you mean by pre op? My doctors office mentioned the pre op testing also before surgery, but I thought I did all of that ? lol

Thanks!

This is my pre op with my surgeon...I'm assuming just checking me over and making sure I don't have any questions. I'll also get my shakes and bars and all the details for my 2 week pre op diet. I also have to have a pre op check up with my primary doctor, and that is next week. :)