Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2013 Bandsters?

I was banded at 10:15 yesterday. Had a hard time in recovery..apparently have severe sleep apnea. They had to keep yelling at me to breathe. Other than that..no pain, except gas. That is manageable though. No pain meds since yesterday. Hoping to get of the house tomorrow.

I was banded at 10:15 yesterday. Had a hard time in recovery..apparently have severe sleep apnea. They had to keep yelling at me to breathe. Other than that..no pain' date=' except gas. That is manageable though. No pain meds since yesterday. Hoping to get of the house tomorrow.[/quote']

Wishing you Good luck...as well as a speedy recovery !!!

Thanks.

Congrats!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

I was banded onthe 28th and it all went well for me.I'm a bit sore and very hungry. OMG I so much starving and wanting to eat.I have been drinking my liquids and meds as per doctor. My stomach is hurting but I know that this is temp... The only complaint I have is the headaches, they are so bad.

I am trying to keep very positive. I see the Doctor tomorrow for my first visit since surgery. What to expect. I know it's a process of healing. Your support here in has been amazing. Thank you all for posting all this wonderful information. I'm very sure that you all will be a hugh help / support to me during my new journey.

Good job. I was banded on 28th too. Has went pretty good so far. Having some trouble getting all my fluids in.

I was banded on Thursday February 28th. I was doing good with the liquids but I have twin 2 year old girls so of corse my husband has to cook them foods. The smell is getting me down and they are irritable because mommy is no longer a jungle gym. My husband has been a rock through this whole thing holding the girls together and he is also hoping to lose weight by following our diet.

So far I am sore but I do not want to take anymore liquid Vicodin because of some of the side effects.

What are some things that are keeping you newly banded ladies am gentlemen full?

I was banded on Thursday February 28th. I was doing good with the liquids but I have twin 2 year old girls so of corse my husband has to cook them foods. The smell is getting me down and they are irritable because mommy is no longer a jungle gym. My husband has been a rock through this whole thing holding the girls together and he is also hoping to lose weight by following our diet.

So far I am sore but I do not want to take anymore liquid Vicodin because of some of the side effects.

What are some things that are keeping you newly banded ladies am gentlemen full?

Slowly drinking a Protein shake helps, as well as making your own delicious chicken Soup and straining it for the broth. My dietitians advice was if you think you are hungry, eat 3-4oz of sugar free Jello and wait 20 minutes.

Hi Cubanita, i had mine on the 26th....so i am a little ahead of you. Feeling much better today. I could have written your post. I am starving and last night i didn't get much sleep because of a headache. Ive had one almost every day but ydy was the worst. I took 2 Tylenol and slept today and feel so much better.

What i did was to get rid of the store bought Soups and made my own today. I think the sodium in them (even tho they say low sodium) was contributing to the headaches. oatmeal in the mornings pretty filling but the liquids don't make me feel full at all. I don't know if they are supposed to. But I'm still sore and it hurts when i take a deep breath. Also my stomach, up near the top incision, seems bloated or swollen ad much bigger than normal. Every day is better, but counting the days until i can start eating.

I was banded on the 27th and I make my own broths as well. SaraJ you are able to tolerate oatmeal already.?

Hi monic, yes, oatmeal is on my list of things i can eat on days 3-14. I cant eat much because i feel full, but it doesn't bother me at all. In fact today i noticed that i didn't get that lump in the throat feeling when i eat. Im wondering if thats because the swelling s getting better? My doc said he gave me the bigger band (Realize) so i would be more comfortable...??? So maybe im not going to feel full until i get a fill. I have no idea...one day at a time. ;)

I was banded onthe 28th and it all went well for me.I'm a bit sore and very hungry. OMG I so much starving and wanting to eat.I have been drinking my liquids and meds as per doctor. My stomach is hurting but I know that this is temp... The only complaint I have is the headaches, they are so bad.

I am trying to keep very positive. I see the Doctor tomorrow for my first visit since surgery. What to expect. I know it's a process of healing. Your support here in has been amazing. Thank you all for posting all this wonderful information. I'm very sure that you all will be a hugh help / support to me during my new journey.

Congratulations!!! I am sure once this healing is done (me included) we'll be on our way!!!

I didn't have a appetite until yesterday ( 5 days post op) I still do ice chips, 1-2 Atkins shakes and non fat yogurt smoothies with yogurt, Crystal Light and ice YUM and 40 cal fudgicles and sugar free Popsicles , all my pre op diet. I tolerated a 1/2 cup of grits well yesterday for dinner . I am going to try a 1/2 cup egg beaters mid day today.

Hi Cubanita, i had mine on the 26th....so i am a little ahead of you. Feeling much better today. I could have written your post. I am starving and last night i didn't get much sleep because of a headache. Ive had one almost every day but ydy was the worst. I took 2 Tylenol and slept today and feel so much better.

What i did was to get rid of the store bought Soups and made my own today. I think the sodium in them (even tho they say low sodium) was contributing to the headaches. Oatmeal in the mornings pretty filling but the liquids don't make me feel full at all. I don't know if they are supposed to. But I'm still sore and it hurts when i take a deep breath. Also my stomach, up near the top incision, seems bloated or swollen ad much bigger than normal. Every day is better, but counting the days until i can start eating.

I love your positive attitude. I am with you I can't wait till mushies and solids. Congrats on taking this big step!!

I was banded on the 27th and I make my own broths as well. SaraJ you are able to tolerate oatmeal already.?

Congratulations!!!!!!!