Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2013 Bandsters?

Well my big day is on Thursday, I am starting to get nervous.....but excited at the same time! I am so done with this pre-op diet and ready to move onto the post-op stage. The thing that worries me the most is not being able to sleep on my stomach and those dreaded gas pains! Congrats to all the banded members of February and the ones to come, I look forward to keeping in touch with your journies!!

Well my big day is on Thursday, I am starting to get nervous.....but excited at the same time! I am so done with this pre-op diet and ready to move onto the post-op stage. The thing that worries me the most is not being able to sleep on my stomach and those dreaded gas pains! Congrats to all the banded members of February and the ones to come, I look forward to keeping in touch with your journies!!

GAS pain tips.... get up and walk right after surgery before they let you go home. Arms above your head help, and deep breaths help too. These go quickly, if you stay moving. Pillows to prop you up will help too.

Congrats on surgery day. You are going to do amazing. Keep us posted & Cheers to your band.

Yay congratulations on beginning your journey!! I was banded 2/11 and doing really well!! You are going to be great- keep moving as much as you can because it seriously helps with the gas pains. Don't over do it though, a good balance of rest and walking will help. Keep hydrated by taking small sips of Water or get some sonic ice to suck on (just be careful to suck on it and not swallow whole) helps a sore throat from the tube. Just always keep in mind the first part of this the hardest part- it will be easy from here on out! Congratulations!

Good luck NurseKelly the Gas Pains are like our badges of induction I guess, guzzle lots of Water it will be the last time :)...big gulping is over.

Only 8 days to go...getting excited!

EEEK, tomorrow is the day.....getting super nervous!! I have been nesting all morning, did anyone else find themselves doing that? Thanks for all the messages of support, I will certainly use all your tips tomorrow and the days to follow!

Me too NurseKelly. I am excited... I imagine I won't be able to sleep tonight. Like a kid on Christmas Eve.

My date is Friday! It's 2 days away and the nerves are hitting. There were times when the pre-op diet was hard, but I supplemented with Protein and its been going better. My problem with losing weight has always been not feeling full- I've had a regular 5-6 day/week exercise program for a year and have found little weight loss success. Here's to hoping the lap band will be the tool I need. Good luck to all! I'm hoping you all can help me through my problems, as I have only confided in my husband and 2 close friends about the surgery.-

Amanda

Yay congratulations on beginning your journey!! I was banded 2/11 and doing really well!! You are going to be great- keep moving as much as you can because it seriously helps with the gas pains. Don't over do it though' date=' a good balance of rest and walking will help. Keep hydrated by taking small sips of Water or get some sonic ice to suck on (just be careful to suck on it and not swallow whole) helps a sore throat from the tube. Just always keep in mind the first part of this the hardest part- it will be easy from here on out! Congratulations![/quote']

Thanks for the tips and support....I'm having a tough time (6 days out of surgery )

Well I made it to the other side!! I am a bandster!! I had my surgery at 9:45 this morning. I started to panic when they put the mask on my face, but fell asleep in no time, I was super groggy when I woke up, but that dissappated quickly. I am just a tiny bit sore at my incision sites, but the gas pain in my shoulder and neck can be unbearable at times. My boyfriend is being amazing, helping me walk around and massaging my shoulder, heating up my hot water bottle and crushing my pain meds. I don't know what I would do without him! I am finding myself super nauseous taking the pain meds on an empty stomach, so I have been taking gravol and ondansetron, but it isn't helping much and I am terrified of vomiting :( Did anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? My surgeon only wants me drinking Water today and can start on clear flavoured fluids and broth tomorrow. I am also having some trouble breating, I think this sends me into a bit of an anxiety attack and my breathing gets rapid.....I think I need to tell myself to smarten up! lol

Congrats on getting banded, sorry to hear how bad & yucky your feeling. I pray everyday gets easier and better and better for you! God Bless!

Getting banded in the morning :) I'm trying to not let my nerves get to me.