Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2013 Bandsters?

I'm having trouble joining :(

Apparently I have the group set to public - you're listed as a full member. You should be able to browse and reply.

I'm also new to the site and I'm scheduled for Feb 8th.... Nervous and excited at the same time.... Thanks for the ideas in Protein shakes gives some direction :) should be an interesting ride :) I wish all the best.... My short term goal is to lose 30lbs by end if April..... :)

I'm feb 8th too. I'm just on liquid Protein. I lost six pounds right away but now 5 days preop and nothing today. I was really hoping to lose preop so I could have a goal too. Thirty pounds would be awesome

Is he operating at NYU (Tisch?) Looks like I'll get to meet you in recovery :) Dr. Ren (Dr. Fielding's wife!) is replacing my band 2/4 as well. Maybe we'll meet up doing our laps around the floor! That's what we did the first time, mandatory walking...maybe it's changed now, I don't know.

Dr. Ren did my surgery as well. I was banded on the 14th so I'm pretty new to this process. I stayed at the hospital overnight and it was suggested I walk...no one put a gun to my head. i was happy to get out of bed so it wasn't a problem for me. Good luck kateeryn and all you February bandsters.

My surgery is set for February 13th. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow.

I'm feb 8th too. I'm just on liquid Protein. I lost six pounds right away but now 5 days preop and nothing today. I was really hoping to lose preop so I could have a goal too. Thirty pounds would be awesome

I am doing the 4 oz 3 times a day I don't have to do liquids till Monday... This change isn't so bad... Thought I'd be hungrier but no it's actually been good.... How r you tolerating only liquid? ?? I feel better since changing diet I guess it's the excitement :) you will drop before surgery ur body is probably rebelling :)

Im on Feb. 12th. Insurance wont pay so its all out of pocket. Im looking forward to not feeling hungry. This pre-op diet stinks. Always feeling hungry. Good luck to all the Feb people.

im for surgery in belgium 26th feb.anyone else on that date?wasnt given an actual diet,just told to eat low fat for 2 weeks.anyone know whats the best option.low fat diet or Protein Shakes? worried that liver will not have shrank enough(it must be massive by now!!)and will cause surgery problems

Has anyone had to get compression hose for their surgery? My surgeon is requiring them and they're almost $400!!!! I know I can file a claim with my insurance, but $400...really?

Hi kajack, im scheduled for the 26th also. I have to go to a 3 hour class at the drs office on the 14th so i dont know yet if i have to do any pre op diet. I wonder why some require it and some dont? I had my endoscopy yesterday. I am so ready to get this done. Sara

Onamission2012 I never heard of physicians requiring compression hose on the patient's dime! That's crazy.

I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had to have them for their surgery. I'm in Europe, so I some things I have to buy first then submit to my insurance. I hadn't read anywhere that anyone has needed them, that's all.

Also...I cannot group the 2013 Feb Bandsters group. I click to be added to the forum, but it doesn't allow me to comment or anything. I can just see the posts of everyone else.

So--did the hospital put compression hose on you your 1st time around?

Thanks

I got my approval letter and my surgery date has been set for 2/21!

hello! Im confused about where to post for February, is it here or on the monthly forum? I am hopefully getting my surgery date soon, the surgeons office says it will be in about 3 weeks. I am getting excited. I am not telling anyone, just my husband obviously. I do not want any judgement put on me ( which has been my whole problem since I was a child, and has most likely contributed to my weight gain.) I am currently 190lb, and 4ft 11. I may not be as heavy as some of you here, but 190 at my height is very bad! My surgeon would like me to lose 80-90lbs. I have hypertension & sleep apnea. I am a stay at home mom to my amazing 19 month old son, he is our miracle baby, we endured 6 years of infertility, un explained. It was never mentioned that my weight had anything to do with it but I suspected it. After several rounds of ivf, he came along! My main reason for the surgery is so I can be around for him, and hopefully have another baby. Well, that's me, I hope to get to know all of you better, and will post my surgery date soon, I hope!

Welcome Abbie. We are all taking a journey to a healthier life. My surgery is in a few weeks, I start my pre-op diet tomorrow.